DVDVR Message Board

ALL ENCOMPASSING STAR WARS THREAD

RIPPA

10 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I blame it on checking out Masato Tanaka's Instagram this morning thanks to a bunch of posts BAHU did

I'd have been more forgiving if you said that you also blamed part of it on watching too many Tor Kamata matches on YouTube.

• Like 1

I thought the trailer looked like a lot of fun. You can see the flourishes that Lord and Miller would have brought and maybe Howard kept some of that, but just turned it down a notch.

I still wish they went with anyone else for the role of Han. Of anything that sticks out like a sore thumb, it's when that actor is on screen. The voice is ok.

10 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I still wish they went with anyone else for the role of Han. Of anything that sticks out like a sore thumb, it's when that actor is on screen. The voice is ok.

What EVA said.  Regardless of who played Han, I think we all knew that Donald Glover was going to steal this movie.

• Like 1

Visually, this looks amazing. However, the dialogue used in the trailer is very cliche and, well, boring. "I'm putting together a crew" "I've been running scams on the street since I was 10 years old" "I might be the only one who knows who you really are" "I'm going to be a pilot. The best in the galaxy". Is this Star Wars or Fast and Furious? However, it is written by Lawrence Kasdan, so I'm hoping that these lines were just for the trailer and that the movie itself contains better dialogue and story. I was skeptical of this movie since it was announced. The trailer doesn't do much to help with that. I'm hoping I'm wrong.

• 4 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Matt D said:

How many series are we looking at now?

If you are talking TV series - this would be the only one since didn't Rebels just end?

If you are talking Movies and TVs - 3

You have Rian Johnson's trilogy

The one by the people who did Game of Thrones trilogy

Favreau's TV series

5 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

If you are talking TV series - this would be the only one since didn't Rebels just end?

Favreau's TV series

When I see "series" I just assume series of movies at this point. I think I did read they wanted to do a number of TV shows for the new streaming service, so this makes sense. I don't remember the "Revolution" show he executive produced at all though.

5 hours ago, Matt D said:

When I see "series" I just assume series of movies at this point. I think I did read they wanted to do a number of TV shows for the new streaming service, so this makes sense. I don't remember the "Revolution" show he executive produced at all though.

Revolution was around the time that networks were still trying to cash in on Lost type shows. All the power all over the world goes out and it's a mystery as to why and how it happens, except there's some people who do know why. So people live in a world with no electricity and then it's discovered that it's nano bots or some shit that have the ability to block electricity or something weird.

It was sometimes good.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Favreau's TV series

The Clone Wars/Rebels showrunner, Dave Filoni, has something else in the works. He just hasn't sad what yet.

13 hours ago, Craig H said:

Revolution was around the time that networks were still trying to cash in on Lost type shows. All the power all over the world goes out and it's a mystery as to why and how it happens, except there's some people who do know why. So people live in a world with no electricity and then it's discovered that it's nano bots or some shit that have the ability to block electricity or something weird.

It was sometimes good.

Along these lines, do you remember Persons Unknown which Christopher McQuarrie was in charge of? That was also sometimes good. I wish it had had more than one season. I think the problem with all these high concept shows that sprung up was viewer impatience - "I WANT ANSWERS NOW!" they impetuously cried before stopping watching after two episodes.

I ultimately had to spoil myself on the end of Rebels. The younger kid is too young and doesn't want to watch it. The older kid is too old and doesn't want to watch it. I might have been able to slip one episode in between everything but not the entire last run.