DVDVR Message Board

[MOVIE] 2017 UPCOMING MOVIE DISCUSSION

RIPPA

On 1/24/2017 at 10:00 AM, RIPPA said:

I am gonna make a list - and it gonna start with Fowler and include JT and Technico

And that list is gonna be entitled "Can't help but respond to Hoardak"

WHY I AM NOT ON THIS LIST?!?!

6 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

No no, I mean, his last post, where he told me to leave you out of it. I'm like... Huh?

I think the idiot read the phrase 'Black Timberlake' in your post, and assumed you were talking about @Elsalvajeloco because... who knows how his mind worked (assuming it does)?

9 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

No no, I mean, his last post, where he told me to leave you out of it. I'm like... Huh?

I have him on ignore so I mean I'm not reading anything he posts. Not even when I'm on my phone and accidentally scroll by his shit.

13 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Jerome in general seemed to have a knack for making insular references at a site where he was in no way, shape, or form  an insider.

Or to put it in wrestling terms, he thought he was one of the boys, and he wasn't...

• Like 1

In Summer 2018…the tide will turn. Here’s your First Look at Ocean's 8. Warner Bros. Pictures’ and Village Roadshow Pictures’ first look at “Ocean’s 8” from one of New York City’s most iconic locales: the subway. In Summer 2018, the tide will turn as (L-r) Debbie Ocean (Sandra Bullock) attempts to pull off the heist of the century at New York City’s star-studded annual Met Gala. Her first stop is to assemble the perfect crew: Lou (Cate Blanchett); Nine Ball (Rihanna); Amita (Mindy Kaling); Constance (Awkwafina); Rose (Helena Bonham Carter); Daphne Kluger (Anne Hathaway); and Tammy (Sarah Paulson).

PuPHGe3.jpg

Random shit in no particular order:

Somebody didn't learn from the Ghostbusters "reimagining," I guess.  

I had no idea what an "Awkwafina" was and had to Google.

Did nobody consider the layout of this promo shot, where the white ladies are placed prominently in front and the minorities are in the background?

1 hour ago, Technico Support said:

I had no idea what an "Awkwafina" was and had to Google.

The sheer ridiculousness of the name got me Googling too. All I can say is she has a face that makes me want to strangle her. If Yoko Ono ever gets a biography...

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Roman said:

The sheer ridiculousness of the name got me Googling too. All I can say is she has a face that makes me want to strangle her. If Yoko Ono ever gets a biography...

As I said when the casting news came out, Lilly Singh must've been busy. I guess since they have Mindy Kaling that's the East Indian girl quota.

• Like 1

I like the Ocean's movies more than I probably should. I don't think this Ocean's 8 movie is anything like the Ghostbusters reboot though. People aren't going to care nearly as much, and that includes the director. That new Ghostbusters movie was such a combative piece of shit where it felt like they were fighting more against the original Ghostbusters movie than being something original. I doubt that will be the case with Ocean's 8.

Although now I want another Ocean's movie with Clooney and Pitt.

11 hours ago, CreativeControl said:

I'm cautiously optimistic about the Ocean's film as long as its played relatively straight. Can't be any worse than the sequels we got

I liked Oceans 13 enough, but oceans 12 was such a flaming pile of shit. . . .

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Kuetsar said:

I liked Oceans 13 enough, but oceans 12 was such a flaming pile of shit. . . .

I liked Ocean's 11.  Never saw 13 because 12 was so bad it killed my interest.  One reason 12 sucked so bad was that it wasn't even an "Ocean's" movie.  It started life as a completely different movie and was rewritten to shoehorn all the Ocean shit into it.