DVDVR Message Board

[MOVIE] 2017 UPCOMING MOVIE DISCUSSION

RIPPA

On 3/3/2017 at 0:00 PM, RIPPA said:

Oh @J.T.

Per Deadline - Donnie Yen is going to star in the movie version of Sleeping Dogs

YES~! 

Too bad that Will Yun Lee isn't reprising his video game role, but you can't argue against Donnie Yen being cast in an HK police action movie.

The fact that Neal Moritz’s production company (the folks brought you the Fast & Furious movies) are behind this makes me even more giddy.

25 minutes ago, Raziel403 said:

A Sleeping Dogs movie is really going hinge on who's playing Pendrew (Would Wilkinson do it?)

As long as they find someone decent, I will be okay. 

I don't even think that having Wilkinson in it is key since he's pretty much reprising his role as Juntao from Rush Hour in Sleeping Dogs.

7 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

I hope the movie is true to the game, where guns are useless, your character can't aim for shit and I ragequit halfway through.

While I agree with the sentiment, do you really want Donnie Yen to be in a movie that is heavy on gun fights?

No, you don't.

• Like 2

Per Hollywood Reporter - there is going to be ANOTHER Robin Hood

This one will star Margo Robbie as Maid Marian who becomes Robin Hood after Robin Hood dies

18 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

This one will star Margo Robbie as Maid Marian who becomes Robin Hood after Robin Hood dies

You know what? I'd rather sit through a remake of Soul Man.

• Like 5

On 3/3/2017 at 9:00 AM, RIPPA said:

Oh @J.T.

Per Deadline - Donnie Yen is going to star in the movie version of Sleeping Dogs

The game didn't do well enough for a sequel but well enough for a movie? WTF. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, clintthecrippler said:

All this recycling of movies that have already been redone recently to "meh" responses when a Major League prequel/origin story/road comedy explaining how Willie Mays Hays got to spring training is sitting right there waiting to be made into cinematic gold.

Go on, how much more is there beyond, "he ran there, because he runs like Hayes" to be told?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, clintthecrippler said:

I don't know exactly, but I have in my head that it's the culmination of a baseball-themed remake of Its A Mad Mad Mad Mad World.

So who plays the lead in this prequel, and would there be any characters that could be described as "perfect for Harvey Korman" if he were still around?

9 minutes ago, zev said:

So who plays the lead in this prequel, and would there be any characters that could be described as "perfect for Harvey Korman" if he were still around?

Hmm...gut reaction would be maybe Eric Andre for the lead?

As for characters that would have been "perfect for Harvey Korman" ideally I would say 90 percent of them, but who can pull off Harvey Korman in 2017?

8 hours ago, RIPPA said:

The Russell Crowe one wasn't THAT bad, but it would have been so much more interesting if they had went with the original premise of the Sheriff being the goog guy. The new one sounds god awful . .  .  

10 hours ago, Tabe said:

The game didn't do well enough for a sequel but well enough for a movie? WTF. 

This is what we like to call a "cult classic."

[bait]And notice that there is no proposed Alpha Protocol movie because no one wants to see that thing ever come back to life.[/bait]

12 hours ago, RIPPA said:

All Eyez On Me

i saw the trailer when my woman and I went to see Get Out.  I think every dude in the theater pumped his fist at least once.

7 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Forgot to mention I saw that when I went to see Get Out. The question now is: Did they get the rights to the music or not?

Ditto.  Saw the trailer when my bae and I went to see Get Out.

I'm pretty sure they have the rights to the music.  The only hold out IIRC was Daz Dillinger.who said he held the principle rights to Ambitions Az A Ridah and I think Sony recently cut him a check.

Joe Carnahan - who has been talking a lot of smack recently about ruining a lot of different movies (like doing a remake of Raid: Redemption that no one asked for) - will no longer be directing Bad Boys 3

That movie will never come out

33 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Joe Carnahan - who has been talking a lot of smack recently about ruining a lot of different movies (like doing a remake of Raid: Redemption that no one asked for) - will no longer be directing Bad Boys 3.

Joe runs things into the ground, but not all of his work is unwatchable.

Smokin' Aces had moments of brilliance, but it went horribly south pretty fast. 

I actually liked The Grey even though it had wolves doing things in the movie that they don't do in real life.

No one wants to see a big budget remake of The Raid.  It can only end in tears.  And i think Bad Boys 3 is a terrible idea regardless of who directs it.

Who in the hell decides that in a world where Lethal Weapon and Rush Hour get turned into TV shows, Bad Boys gets another movie?