DVDVR Message Board

[MOVIE] 2017 UPCOMING MOVIE DISCUSSION

RIPPA

So this is random

Live Action Little Mermaid

No not the Disney one - this one is directly from Hans Christian Anderson

And with Shirley Maclaine randomly showing up

This is going to be the #1 movie in America for like 10 weeks.

Atomic Blonde (RED BAND TRAILER)

Starring: Charlize Theron, John Goodman, James McAvoy

Directed by David Leitch (John Wick)

July 28

• Like 1

If you hadn't heard, Love Actually 2 is going to be direct to TV, on Comic Relief (BBC 1, later this month, and then on Red Nose Day USA in May). All original cast returning (except Alan Rickman for obvious reasons, and Emma Thompson because she was in his storyline and wouldn't want to bring the character back without him).

I posted the full story over in wrestling but John Cena will be starring in Daddy's Home 2

And it has the most random cast

Cena, Will Ferrell and Mark Wahlberg (obviously) and then Mel Gibson, John Lithgow and Linda Cardellini

Latest update on Hollywood's determination to put Lisbeth Salander back on the screen.

Sony will adopt The Girl In the Spider's Web by David Lagercrantz and release the film on Oct. 5, 2018, opposite Warner Bros. superhero flick Aquaman starring Jason Momoa.

Neither Daniel Craig nor Rooney Mara will be returning to the production.

Don't Breathe director Fede Alvarez is helming the adaptation of the fourth book of the Millennium series. It will begin production in September and feature an entirely new cast. Alvarez is currently meeting with candidate actresses to play Lisbeth Salander.

On 3/11/2017 at 5:23 AM, Casey said:

That'll be a fucking hilarious movie, I can feel it in my bones. The first one was great too.

I loved the first one - and hated it too. Advertised as a kids movie, ended it up a strong PG-13. That bothered me. 

50 minutes ago, Tabe said:

I loved the first one - and hated it too. Advertised as a kids movie, ended it up a strong PG-13. That bothered me. 

I never saw the film, but nothing in the advertising made me think "kids film." I'm actually surprised reading this that is wasn't an R film.