DVDVR Message Board

[MOVIE] 2017 UPCOMING MOVIE DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Geostorm

I was telling my wife that she is going to have another movie to add to her "Bad Science" collection that she shows her students.

However - they seem to be trying to get around that by being all THE FUTURE~!

The description of the movie is even funnier since it basically is Day After Tomorrow meets 24

Geostorm stars Gerard Butler and sees him playing a stubborn but charming satellite designer who, when the world’s climate-controlling satellites malfunction, has to work together with his estranged brother to save the world from a man-made storm of epic proportions. A trip into space follows, while on Earth a plot to assassinate the president begins to unfold.

46 minutes ago, J.T. said:

WWE Studios has picked up the distribution rights to Sleight, so it will finally see the light of day in theaters on April 28th

Can't watch the trailer from work, but:

"A young street magician (Jacob Latimore) is left to care for his little sister after their parents' passing and turns to illegal activities to keep a roof over their heads. When he gets in too deep, his sister is kidnapped and he is forced to use his magic and brilliant mind to save her."

But it's "Chronicle meets Iron Man" according to this poster.  I'm a little confused.

sleight_poster_goldposter_com_1.jpg

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

No one wants to see a big budget remake of The Raid.  It can only end in tears.  And i think Bad Boys 3 is a terrible idea regardless of who directs it.

http://www.indiewire.com/2017/02/the-raid-remake-joe-carnahan-frank-grillo-adaptation-changes-1201786129/

That's the whole story about the English Language Raid "Re-imagining"

I was scanning through Rippa's post of the Geostorm trailer, thinking I wanted to watch it the video. Then I came across...

Geostorm stars Gerard Butler

and IMMEDIATELY laughed and checked the fuck out. Nope.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, J.T. said:

She is an Earth Science teacher so she uses the one with terrible weather related things - Core, Day After Tomorrow and 2012 are three biggies (though she has worked in Twister and Jurassic Park into the mix to allow them to see good movies and allows them to read The Martian (especially since their is a "school edition" (aka one that takes all the cursing out))

I surprised WB didn't dump Geostorm back in January around it's 3rd (yup, 3rd) tentative release date. Shit, they could have released it January 2016. That was going to be on the shitpile no matter when they released it. 

11 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

I think you answered your own question there.

Also, look at the stars of said franchises. Chris Tucker is doing whatever and dating women half his age. Jackie Chan is doing big budget domestic films in his home country. Why the fuck would he do another Rush Hour? Mel Gibson ended his own career in front of the camera by being an overall POS. Danny Glover is like a gajillion years old and doing Hallmark films. So by virtue of being somewhat relevant, producers feel Will Smith can come back to that vehicle. It's not that hard to figure out.

Rough Night, starring Scarlett Johansson. Is this officially a gender swapped remake of Very Bad Things, or did they not realise it had already been done?

The other movie that Emma Watson is in will be out in April.

You can also say goodbye to Bill Paxton since he has a role in the movie as the ailing father of Emma's character.

1 minute ago, RIPPA said:

You know I have posted the trailers twice - right?

In this very thread!

But I am lazy and hate your posts.

I guess I should've known better.

4 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

It's why I write the names of the movies too - so you can search!

This would require me to perform the search advance before posting mindlessly. 

That sounds like suspiciously like a plan.

Are you trying to turn me into Mark?

15 hours ago, AxB said:

Rough Night, starring Scarlett Johansson. Is this officially a gender swapped remake of Very Bad Things, or did they not realise it had already been done?

Well they are billing it as "Hangover meets Weekend at Bernie's" so I think they are trying to embrace stealing from as many movies as possible

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Yes I should post this in the Fast and Furious thread but fuck it

The Fate of the Furious

Are they just going to make movies now based on titles that vaguely sound like the original one? I can't wait for the slightly disturbing mockumentary, 'The Faith of the Furries.'

42 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Well they are billing it as "Hangover meets Weekend at Bernie's" so I think they are trying to embrace stealing from as many movies as possible

Well that makes Rough Night sound awesome since Bernie was an animated corpse.

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Yes I should post this in the Fast and Furious thread but fuck it

The Fate of the Furious

holyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshit

Producer: "How can we top the moment in 7 where Hobbs flexes out of his cast, pops some pills, grabs his gun, tells his daughter he's going to work, and then crashes into a drone?"

Writer: "What if we had Hobbs physically push a torpedo out of the way one-handed?"

I fucking love this franchise.

Just saw this trailer before Logan. I'm a bit skeptical, but could this actually be a halfway decent 80s style action flick? I like the action at least, the humor is a bit dubious.

You can turn on English subtitles in the settings.