DVDVR Message Board

[MOVIE] 2017 UPCOMING MOVIE DISCUSSION

RIPPA

2 hours ago, Roman said:

... And potentially being 'possessed' and ending up the bad guy. I don't know if those angles are worse than the ending of Leviathan, though... which is a really underrated horror movie.

What the hell is wrong with Peter Weller yelling "Say AHHH Motherfucker!" before tossing an explosive into the monter's mouth?

Speaking of movies with Johnny Cash songs...

I really like that Arnold decided to do a post politics run of doing these "smaller" type movies that he probably wanted to do all his life instead of doing 48 Terminator sequels (Granted - not all of them might be good but still)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Speaking of movies with Johnny Cash songs...

I really like that Arnold decided to do a post politics run of doing these "smaller" type movies that he probably wanted to do all his life instead of doing 48 Terminator sequels (Granted - not all of them might be good but still)

I agree. He's done some crap but he's also done some really good stuff. 

Aftermath looks great but that's another one of those titles that has probably been used a thousand times and this one reminds me specifically of Nacho Cerda's film about necrophilia. Not a good memory right there. 

Back to Life, whether he dies early/at all or not, it's still awesome seeing Clarke Peters having a big role in a big Hollywood film. 

EDIT: Holy shit, after just typing "aftermath film" into Google, the first one was in 1914!!!

Action movies keep the bills paid, but not all of Arnold's sequels and vanity vehicles were mindless. 

I still have fond memories of watching Total Recall and True Lies in an actual movie theater.

Maggie is also pretty good and a huge departure from what you'd expect from Schwarzenegger.

2 hours ago, odessasteps said:

I did a paper on dystopias in fiction for a sci fi class 20 years ago and there were more written after 1945 than all fiction before that. 

I'd like to see that paper if you still have it.

That may have been worded poorly. (Multitasking at work)

Should have said more dystopian fiction after 1945 than all the dystopian fiction before 1945.

I might still have it on disc somewhere. Id be curious to read that and my paper for sitcom class on F-Troop. 

48 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

That may have been worded poorly. (Multitasking at work)

Should have said more dystopian fiction after 1945 than all the dystopian fiction before 1945.

I might still have it on disc somewhere. Id be curious to read that and my paper for sitcom class on F-Troop. 

You don't have to send me the F-Troop paper.  No, really...

• Like 1

I think it was a decent premise: the dominance of the tv western ended its cycle with parody (f troop) and pastiche (wild wild west). 

The one paper i do have is one about MST3K and "electronic shadow memory." I may also still have this:

c814bd5a452859ec90451eee5a55c4a6_zpsagxj

Lego Ninjago - just in time to be in front of Lego Batman

There was a time when my son was all about Lego Ninjago.

Of course that time was like 2 years ago...

Oh my goodness. I'm seeing The Circle just for EVIL Tom Hanks and EVIL HENCHMAN Patton Oswalt. The best this movie could do for me is to be so completely absurd with casting those two as totally evil dicks.

Also, good on Patton for keeping himself busy. Seeing what my mom went through after my dad died, I can imagine how tough it is for him or anyone else who has lost a spouse to keep on going.