DVDVR Message Board

Raw Is Braun Interferes Again - 12/19/2016

Dolfan in NYC

3 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Meltzer and others are saying it's the Mania program. Maybe he's wrong but that's what I meant. If they are already having matches on RAW this week how do they get to Mania.

Generally they travel in airplanes, or did you mean something else?

8 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Meltzer and others are saying it's the Mania program. Maybe he's wrong but that's what I meant. If they are already having matches on RAW this week how do they get to Mania.

Charlotte and Sasha traded wins and title reigns at pretty much every Raw and PPV for the past few months, now it's Bayley's turn.  The Mania match can be the "this time it's the last ever match they're going to have and we really mean it" bout.  Just wait, by the time the Rumble rolls around they'll start forcing the narrative of Charlotte getting closer to holding the championship as many times as her father and wondering if she's going to beat that record.

1 hour ago, Curt McGirt said:

Oh c'mon Brakkus Strongstyle, at least German suplex one of those fucking trees if you can't give Foley one. Then pin it and have him count! 

That is actually a good wrestling name. Though I think you are underestimating how strong he had to be to toss that tree. 

I had this artificial tree as a kid I named Elmer. It was a son of a biscuit eater to pick up every time the cat or my drunken father knocked it down. 

KO's shit-talking was on point all night. When Jericho was slapping Roman, "Be careful, you're gonna get lots of conditioner on your hands!" There were some really good promos on this show (Jericho, Owens, New Day), and some really awful ones (Nia, Cesaro/Sheamus, Gallows/Anderson).

I doubt it was intentional, but the announcers going on about "what will Braun do next" then Cedric's music hitting, followed by a full CW segment without Braun interfering was a nice bait and switch.

I think Enzo might be the least sympathetic babyface beatdown victim ever.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Go2Sleep said:

KO's shit-talking was on point all night. When Jericho was slapping Roman, "Be careful, you're gonna get lots of conditioner on your hands!" There were some really good promos on this show (Jericho, Owens, New Day), and some really awful ones (Nia, Cesaro/Sheamus, Gallows/Anderson).

I doubt it was intentional, but the announcers going on about "what will Braun do next" then Cedric's music hitting, followed by a full CW segment without Braun interfering was a nice bait and switch.

I think Enzo might be the least sympathetic babyface beatdown victim ever.

WCW in late 99 had this thing going with Sid. They would send out Evan Karagias to wrestle Rick Fuller or something. Fans get excited chanting for Sid.

Then nothing or worse ICP run in. Its an interesting idea to make even the most worthless match interesting. But then it means watching Evan Karragias work.

4 hours ago, steve said:

I feel like he deserves to have his name just be his name at this point.

I feel like there should be summary executions for anyone who still does the "replace Braun Strowman with two random words that start with B and S" gag...

...or, you know, anyone who ever did that he gag in the first place...

• Like 7

8 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Bitter Neville is fun.

Are you talking about Strowman?  The name butchering gets confusing sometimes.

I like to think, if "Marquis Cor Van" had debuted in this era, he'd have gotten the name butchering treatment.  But Bray debuted "Brown Strongman" with that accent and here we are today.

• Like 1

Sasha and Nia Jax are so gonna be the Ariana Grande to Gail Kim/Kong's Mariah Carey. It will be better than their more recent stuff but nowhere near where that feud was when those women were in their prime. 

I have no interest in Charlotte vs Bayley. I'm not sure why exactly because I like both women. But this so far is doing nothing for me. 

So, I'm assuming that Alicia Fox's character is supposed to be bipolar and not just general "crazy", considering how her mood shifts from week to week. Get this girl some Lithium. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jamal said:

So, I'm assuming that Alicia Fox's character is supposed to be bipolar and not just general "crazy", considering how her mood shifts from week to week. Get this girl some Lithium. 

I'd lean more heavily on a diagnosis of "borderline personality disorder", but I'd wait on records to be faxed from her last inpatient psych admission before I say for sure.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Jamal said:

Vince just probably found out about Nirvana, and wants to book them for 'Mania. Maybe you're on to something. 

• Like 2

I found this show to be borderline unbearable. So many LONG promos. The matches that were there were not all that great. The Enzo stuff was not good and the "payoff" was yet ANOTHER Rusev beatdown. It was a chore to get through, and I even skipped a lot of the in-ring stuff. RAW just is not doing anything for me these days.

• Like 1

Someone needs to explain to me what it is that Braun Strowman has going for him.  I'm just not seeing it.  I actually feel like it's a big step back for Roman if they put him in a feud with Strowman for WrestleMania (which is the rumor).  More free time for me, I guess.  That's probably not something I'll be watching.

I do approve of boyish clean-cut Pac apparently being possessed by the spirit of Jimmy Del Ray.

I'm liking Braun quite a bit and I think they might have something with him.  So much so I don't even feel compelled to butcher his name anymore.  He's not good, but he's not the clueless lug he was when starting with the Wyatts.  I liked the Sami feud and am cool with lasting 10 minutes a moral victory.  More build as this unstoppable monster and there's some interesting possibilities.  But while I like Roman the only way people will be cool with him beating Braun at WM is if it's not for a title.

Braun aside there was way too much talking.  The tag team promos aside from New Day were insufferable and a complete waste of time.  And the sensitivity training skit was awful.  Enzo's an egosticial potential home-wrecker who got in way over his head and he's the good guy in this?  I get Burgundy's point about Rusev not being a face in this either.  But at least Rusev was defending his wife, much like he did against Roman.  At this point it's not that hard to switch Rusev to face if they wanted to.  And while it's a minor thing, we're to believe in that short time he made zero progress in class yet still was going to hook up with the teacher?  C'mon, man.

• Like 2

So looking at the RAW side of things for Mania with my best guess for what's planned:

Rollins vs. Triple H

Reigns (c) vs. Balor - WWE Universal Championship

Strongman (c) vs. Zayn - WWE US Championship

Charlotte (c) vs. Bayley vs. Sasha - WWE Women's Championship

Swann (c) vs. Neville - WWE Cruiserweight Championship

Got some random tag team match for the belts, not sure what Enzo/Cass do and if they're willing to have Cass turn on Enzo for constantly costing him matches. No Rusev, no Jericho, no Owens

Rusev had his wife invite Enzo to a hotel room so he could ambush him. That's not "sticking up for your wife", that is using your wife as a pawn to get revenge. Enzo's not the good guy, but Rusev is definitely the shittier guy in the scenario.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Brysynner said:

Reigns (c) vs. Balor - WWE Universal Championship

Okay - guess I need to say here again too

1) Balor is not expected to be healthy by Mania (or he will be doing like what Cena did at last Mania.)

2) As of right now - Reigns is slated for Braun

35 minutes ago, Dewar said:

Rusev had his wife invite Enzo to a hotel room so he could ambush him. That's not "sticking up for your wife", that is using your wife as a pawn to get revenge. Enzo's not the good guy, but Rusev is definitely the shittier guy in the scenario.

True, but Enzo did start it by offering himself to her when he had no clothes.  I can't imagine a husband's willing to let that go easily.  And who's to say she was being used?  Maybe she orchestrated that whole thing.  She's controlled him in the past.  It doesn't fully absolve Rusev, but Lana's a devious one herself.

But considering Rusev was defending her when feuding with Roman (who was also being a jerk himself) I tend to side with Rusev on these things.  There's plenty of ways to make Rusev and Lana heels, but the way they're going is not a good way to do it.

Rusev and Lana were beyond obnoxious in the Reigns deal with their wedding bliss. Lana was constantly rubbing in her ring and how no one else is good enough to have her. And all Reigns did to set Lana off was sidestep her so she could fall into a cake.

Enzo is a lovable scamp. He can be a jerk but he does so from a playful nature. He is our weirdo. Who doesn't have friends like that? Lana and Rusev set him up twice in an attempt to pretty much murder him. They are so out of line in this.

36 minutes ago, Wyld Samurai said:

How many ppvs are in between rumble and mania? Does each brand get one?

Yes -

Elimination Chamber is SDL on 2/12/17

Fastlane is RAW's on 3/5/17

Just now, RIPPA said:

Okay - guess I need to say here again too

1) Balor is not expected to be healthy by Mania (or he will be doing like what Cena did at last Mania.)

2) As of right now - Reigns is slated for Braun

I thought I read Balor was hoping to be ready by the Rumble if needed (which they might) and he'd be back by Mania...oh well.

If Balor's out and Rollins is penciled in with Triple H, all that's left for Owens is Reigns. Unless you're going to do some weird title switching from Owens to Rollins or Hunter. I guess Rollins can win the belt at Fastlane and then take on Hunter for the belt. Not sure what happens with Owens then.....Owens vs. Jericho maybe?