DVDVR Message Board

Raw Is Braun Interferes Again - 12/19/2016

Dolfan in NYC

Not for nothing, but Braun interfering in matches I had no interest in seeing like 911 '16 is alright by me. 

And hooo boy, Cesaro & Sheamus' promo was just awful.  Matched closely by the Club, with the Shining Stars getting the bronze.   No wonder the New Day had the titles for so long, no one else can cut a promo. 

• Like 1

I like Braun being thrown into the mix.  It's probably too early for a true main event push but it was getting stale as hell at the top. 

I don't mind Sasha Banks being paired with Nia Jax but holy shit the way they got there was all wrong.  It reminded me of Daniel Bryan coming out and putting over Roman Reigns after he lost to him the night before.  Why?  Nobody wants to hear that shit about the heel being the better fighter.  Such bullshit.  I hated it then and I hated it tonight.

Also, Bayley and Charlotte. On Free TV.  Again.  Decent match but fuck, how does this last until April?

Strowman is the best prospect they have had since Lesnar. I really hope they know he should be the next big star, not a guy to build up for Roman or Cena. 

Eventually he could put over someone else who can be a main eventer. But he needs to be treated like Taker circa 1992 or at least Kane circa 1998. 

• Like 1

Did anyone in creative remember that Jericho and Owens were powerbombed through tables last night? Is it too much to ask for some limping, taped up ribs, something? Would they have gotten a band-aid if they were dropped from a forklift while sitting in a car?

• Like 2

They are not going to find someone that big and athletic who can cut a promo in this life time. He has started reminding me of rookie Big Show in WCW.  A giant who is also super athletic. 

This is about the last time I am putting faith in WWE. If they can't get this guy over they are hopeless.

Its hard to believe a decade ago they built up Khalli into a monster who had less tools. 

8 minutes ago, Sammo~! said:

If this leads to Brick Still-life cutting promos with a throat cancer artificial voice box, I'm all for it.

I feel like he deserves to have his name just be his name at this point.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I think Braun is starting to get over but the issue will come when he's thrust full time into the main event scene. He will win and lose and lose and lose and rematch and win and win and rematch and lose just like everyone else. Then people will stop caring.

The follow thru is a big issue with WWE going back decades. They botched it with Umaga in 07, when he lost to Cena in a great feud. But then they jobbed him to Bobby Lashley a lot. Then they took his manager for getting face reactions and then turned him face then heel again. Then jobbed a lot to Triple H and went to Smackdown and did nothing except job clean to Punk twice. 

Which looks great to how Rusev was booked post Cena. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, El Dragon said:

You know, maybe WWE has realized now that they have seen a guy like Goldberg is still over that people will respond to someone who just comes in with Charisma and Wins a lot? Maybe? 

Well that might work with southern wrestling. But in entertainment people don't care about wins or strong characters or charisma or presentation or good writing.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, HumanChessgame said:

Mentioned it in another thread, but after tonight my new idea for a Big E main event push is to have Strowman put Kofi and Woods on the shelf, then have Big E go after him to avenge his buddies and be the one to decisively beat Braun.

Would that mean that only Big E really got the Power from all that Positivity?