DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown is #thechinthatgotthewin

HumanChessgame

It looks like we're getting the Wyatts jobbing to Kane and Orton in a casket match at Survivor Series.

Are there even 5 healthy women on both shows' rosters to fill out the SS teams?

I have to hand it to Ortunga, he's been transitioning from just being there to actually getting his shit in on commentary over the past few weeks.

The Ellsworth segments were tremendous yet again and Ambrose has been the most entertaining on the mic that he's been in quite some time.

Poor Heath Slater's kids.  I hope they found a way to get fed tonight.

Did Swagger get another wellness violation?  It seems like he's going back to getting jobbed out in record time.  Or maybe he'll just get his win back in next week's match with Corbin.

• Like 1

Calling the superkick "No Chin Music" made me laugh harder than anything on RAW in months :lol:

Also thought it was funny that they told us that Ellsworth has beaten AJ Styles more than John Cena.  First of all I don't think that is true.   So they are definitely going with that feud after the next Smackdown PPV.      

• Like 1

The good:

• They used the chinlock spot!!!
  • Mock Goldberg chants for Ellsworth
  • Ellsworth - super baby face promo complete with manly tears
  • Nikki and Carmella did a promo face off that could've bombed but didn't 
  • Alexa Bliss hitting up Spirit Halloween for more sexy villain costumes

The bad:

• If they're serious about Baron Corbin they need to get him off those cookie cutter "all of you in the WWE Universe" heel promos
  • I still hate "Daniel Bryan: Babyface Version Of Heel Authority"

The hilarious:

• They seriously gave Curt Hawkins Eva Marie's gimmick...now I know they re-signed him just to troll him

The Ellsworth segments were the highlights of the show.

Alexa/Naomi was better than their ppv match. Nikki/Carmella segment was ok.

Talking Smack was good fun once again. Really dug the Hype Bros. AJ's interruption and calling Daniel out for being the Authority was nice. Corbin was good. I'm curious where they go next with him since it seems like the Swagger feud is over already.

Talking Smack was one of the best they've done tonight. Mojo is a damn lunatic and Daniel Bryan getting hyped was hilarious. That transitioned nicely into pissed off AJ Styles blaming Bryan for making him hurt Ellsworth. Then Baron Corbin showed up and started shooting on modern wrestling and fans. Great followup to him crushing Swagger.

Smackdown itself was a mixed bag this week. The Styles/Ellsworth match was very entertaining again. AJ's great at working squash matches and the superkick spot was so memorable. At some point he needs to put Ellsworth in the hospital.

The six man tag was really fun. Mondo took a HUGE bump for the Gore. Slater stomping the ring steps and getting the crowd all fired up for his hot tag was great. It's remarkable how good of a babyface worker Heath is. He's someone you never would have thought would have been one.

The whole Nikki/Carmella deal fell flat for me. Maybe it wouldn't have if they weren't pushing Total Bellas on every show but Carmella's big shoot line being about how Nikki and Cena are together was lame. It's more of the same old Divas Division storyline where the women are always secretly jealous of each other.

Nattie should just constantly be making people look at her cat pictures. She'll either become the biggest face or the biggest heel in the division.

49 minutes ago, The Comedian said:

The good:

• Nikki and Carmella did a promo face off that could've bombed but didn't 
  • Alexa Bliss hitting up Spirit Halloween for more sexy villain costumes

The hilarity of Nikki saying she wears the (tiny) pants in the relationship.

The Bliss Freddie outfit is something she had in NXT with Blake and Murphy.

I didn't see SD because I was out watching Shin Godzilla, but I've seen Alexa's Freddy look in nxt and love it. Nice to see she broke it out for SD.

It may have seemed like Alexa got called up too early, but she's been knocking it out of the fucking park so far. 

• Like 6

Alexa and Naomi was pretty good and I loved her walking over to the ref and yelling at him to raise her hand. 

I thought the Carmella segment was going to fall flat but she was really good out there. It's probably a segment that you will either like or hate but they did a good job of blending real life or "reality" life and storyline and Carmella was real comfortable delivering those lines.

Ellsworth! Ellsworth! 

It was a fun segment. I loved the near fall. I was kind of hoping AJ would put Ellsworth in the hospital so it would end up biting Dean in the ass and he'd have blood on his hands but I guess we didn't need to get THAT serious with it.

Ellsworth was so awesome in the backstage segment. That's two nights in a row where a part timer/non-roster talent outshined most of the roster on the mic.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I didn't see SD because I was out watching Shin Godzilla, but I've seen Alexa's Freddy look in nxt and love it. Nice to see she broke it out for SD.

It may have seemed like Alexa got called up too early, but she's been knocking it out of the fucking park so far. 

Yup. I always thought she was solid in NXT, but now she just flat out rules and keeps getting better.

• Like 4

Awesome show. I dig Orton & Kane as a team. Alexa was greatness with a killer performance, very enjoyable match and she looked amazing all the way, loved her post-match promo as well, great stuff. Crowd was hot for the Ziggler/Slater/Rhyno vs Miz/Spirit Squad tag. I like the Spirit Squad getting another shot. Loved the Carmella/Nikki segment. Both did well on the mic and building their feud. I've been a big Carmella fan since her call up, thought she did fantastic here. SDL women's division continues to shine. I've always enjoyed David Otunga but think this may have been his best night yet on commentary. His enthusiasm rules and he had some legit hilarious lines tonight which added a ton to the main event. I hadn't cared much for the Ellsworth stuff to this point but thought the main was very entertaining all through, Ambrose was great there. Super fun SDL.

• Like 2

Man, Ellsworth plays his part in everything magnificently. He has such an amazing feel for what he's supposed to do. I guess he gets a lot of help from the wrestlers and agents, but help can only take you so far. Admit it, you all popped like 8-year-olds when he hit that superkick and got that nearfall.

• Like 2

You could make a case for Alexa Bliss being one of the most succesful NXT call ups in recent memory. Her gimmick has adapted perfectly for the main roster and she's been consistently good to great on the mic and in the ring (I know that last one is up for interpretation, but compared to, say, Dana Brooke, the difference is pretty clear). The women's division will need a shake up pretty soon but I've been digging it so far.

Oh, and Ellsworth should've been the guy to dethrone the Miz. Even if it was just for a week and to continue a Ziggler feud, I would've marked for days.