DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown is #thechinthatgotthewin

HumanChessgame

I hated that USA decided to get all choppy for me about midway through Smackdown and at times it was like watching a really shitty internet stream that was constantly buffering. I don't know if it was Optimum or if it was just my box or what but I watched Styles/Ellsworth under horrible conditions. It was like the digital antenna wasn't picking anything up bad.

But man Dean was doing some grade A trolling on the outside. I loved how Ellsworth, despite being not that much lighter than Styles was completely out muscled by him at every turn. He couldn't even do simple basic moves like a hip toss on AJ. But there's something about rooting for an underdog like him that just makes you want to believe. I hope he gets a spot in the rumble. Let him get the miracle run spot. He keeps on surviving. The legend of Ellsworth continues to grow.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Are we all burying the lede?   

James Ellsworth is STILL the Linear Champion!

Has he not lost it to some rando in Ocean City or anything?

If nothing else, not having AJ beat him tells us that there is not one soul in the back who is a big enough nerd to care about the linear championship.  Which is weird because Vince is protective over other things that almost no one cares about.

40 minutes ago, piranesi said:

Has he not lost it to some rando in Ocean City or anything?

If nothing else, not having AJ beat him tells us that there is not one soul in the back who is a big enough nerd to care about the linear championship.  Which is weird because Vince is protective over other things that almost no one cares about.

I heard he lost it at a crab-eating contest in Ocean City, then won the rematch after the opponent got sick.  Still awaiting confirmation on that.

Had to see the Ellsworth stuff on Hulu Smackdown at my friend's at 5 this morning after watching my Halloween Havoc pick (FFed through everything else except the Wyatt trainwreck). Dare I say it: that match was a classic. Ellsworth is such a weenie and takes such a good beating, and the crowd erupting for the Superkick (which looked awesome) was priceless. Dean's trolling was great and Styles looked ready to snap and just cripple Ellsworth on purpose. They probably know they've gotta roll with this now because the reactions are so good so next week should be equally interesting.

Oh, and I agree that JBL seemed to be having a blast. He's always best when he's got something to be righteously indignant about. "DAVID!"

14 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

To be fair, they've had their hands full with all of the Dark Patriots.

I heard that Metal Maniac was supposed to beat him but he wanted to wrestle Jimmy Snuka one more time.