DVDVR Message Board

2016 NCAAF: WEEK 8

Dolfan in NYC

Darrell Hazell has been kicked off the train at Purdue.  I'm gonna go ahead and bet that Les will be shopping for real estate in Indiana by the new year.

RANKINGZ~

#1 H4P32uc.gif

#2 G0UDQLP.gif

#3 michigan-punter-misses-snap.gif

#4 dabotiger_medium.gif

#5 Husky-puppy-refrigerator_large.gif

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Tabe said:

No way Les ends up at Purdue. He'll get a better job than that. 

I think it was my local shows that suggested that too. And I'm with you. He'll end up at Notre Dame before he goes to Perdue. And they're stuck with Kelly, unless they want to do a Charlie Weiss in him, and they just finished paying out his contract

Someone posted National Title prop bets yesterday, and Auburn still for some reason has odds (75/1 mind you). With two losses, I'm just hoping this perceived turnaround (we will no way more about that on Saturday) will have the Gus Bus going to Tuscaloosa with a shot to win the West and play in Atlanta before getting Alderaan'd by Bama's Death Star.

Advanced stats really like Auburn right now, mostly on the strength of the 2 competitve losses against Top 10 teams, as well as definitively handling business against the teams they were supposed to beat.  I kinda feel like the LSU game was probably more respresentative of what this Auburn team really is, but we'll find out for sure, one way or the other, over the next 2 weekends.

1 hour ago, EVA said:

Alabama is currently a 19-point favorite over Texas A&M.  Which seems insane to me.  That's the biggest spread on a game between Top 10 teams since FSU/Miami in 2013, which was 21 points (FSU covered).

I've been telling people this week the spread is because a) Alabama's that good, b) it's in Tuscaloosa, c) Bama has not only had TAMU's number in recent years, but they've absolutely demolished them in the process. Both Non-Manziel years were 59-0 and 41-23 and a lot of the scoring in last year's game was in garbage time for TAMU if memory serves correctly.

On 10/17/2016 at 6:58 PM, RIPPA said:

I love when in doubt go with the Michigan punter

And I have to remember to send the Ohio gif to Ed

Yeah.  Basically, I live at that fork in the road.  Sadly, I merely get trampled by buses backing away.

Much as I hate to say it, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Alabama cover this weekend.  A&M's got talent at RB and WR, but the OL will be overmatched vs Bama, and Trevor Knight has been inconsistent at best.  The defense is much improved from what is was, but they're not gonna dominate anybody.  There's some top end talent on that side of the ball, but not much depth.  Don't see the Ags winning unless Knight somehow channels his 2014 Sugar Bowl performance and/or Alabama forgets to block Myles Garrett for 4 quarters.

Still glad I was dove hunting during last year's game and missed the 3 fucking pick 6's.  

Rutgers had been outscored 174-14 in their first four B1G games.

So, naturally, it's 31-29 Gophers with about 11 minutes left.

Todd McShay declaring pre-season that Mitch fricking Leidner was a first-round caliber player should have gotten him fired from the four-letter immediately.