DVDVR Message Board

Games of Thrones Unsullied thread

elizium

The threat to the entire planet is the titular Game Of Thrones.  

The political intrigue that has the families plotting against each other while the zombie apocalypse approaches from the North.

Winter is here.  The night has come and the dead with it.

Remember all that talk about how with Tywin & Jeoffery dead there were no compelling villains anymore?  Good times.

This honestly feels like the episode I've been waiting for years to see.  

Does anyone else find themselves getting mind fucked every time they see a crow and debating whether it was so intentionally there that it has to be Bran warging his way into this season?

That was awesome. I loved the ending.You could really feel the we are so fucked look on their faces.

God, Tormund going from being all gallant and badass to "well this ain't good..oh no....Whaaaa...OH SHIT....RETREAT!" was so brilliant. If the Emmys, Golden Globes, and whoever else is giving out awards for guest appearances, they got to give one to Kristofer Hivju based off this performance.

The main White Walker at the end, who should be known and referred to as Undertaker Walker, was also great.

I was watching this and liking pretty much every scene from Tyrion/Daenerys to Cersei looking like she's spent 6 months in solitary confinement to the Arya stuff (which has actually been some of my favourite stuff this series even if we no longer have The Hound/Arya big man-little girl tag team) and then they busted out a giant going 'the fuck you looking at?' and a decent new Wildling lady ('My ancestors would spit on me if I broke bread with a crow'/'So would mine but fuck 'em they're dead.') and I'm thinking, well, shit, this is a pretty damn good episode.

But then...HOLY SHITTING SHIT SHIT SHITE SHITE! Those last 15 minutes?! Might overall be the best episode they've ever done. Or maybe I'm only saying that because I only finished watching it 5 minutes ago and there's still shit like the Battle of Blackwater, the Red Wedding and the Viper vs the Mountain. But, speaking of, being that episode 9 is their standard OH FUCK episode, I have no idea how they top that unless they have The Hound fly in on top of Daenerys' rogue dragon or something.

Oh yeah, being that he spent the majority of his time on this show making goo-goo eyes at the red head and being one of my least favourite characters, Jon Snow is officially a bad motherfucker. Maybe now he finally knows something...

That they're all fucked.

• Like 1

Oh, hey, there's four of them and they're horsemen...Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse! 

But then, being a wrestling dude I was just thinking which one was going to be their Tully. I figure Jon Snow has already offed their JJ Dillon. The rest aren't going to be that easy.

I was watching this and liking pretty much every scene from Tyrion/Daenerys to Cersei looking like she's spent 6 months in solitary confinement to the Arya stuff (which has actually been some of my favourite stuff this series even if we no longer have The Hound/Arya big man-little girl tag team) and then they busted out a giant going 'the fuck you looking at?' and a decent new Wildling lady ('My ancestors would spit on me if I broke bread with a crow'/'So would mine but fuck 'em they're dead.') and I'm thinking, well, shit, this is a pretty damn good episode.

But then...HOLY SHITTING SHIT SHIT SHITE SHITE! Those last 15 minutes?! Might overall be the best episode they've ever done. Or maybe I'm only saying that because I only finished watching it 5 minutes ago and there's still shit like the Battle of Blackwater, the Red Wedding and the Viper vs the Mountain. But, speaking of, being that episode 9 is their standard OH FUCK episode, I have no idea how they top that unless they have The Hound fly in on top of Daenerys' rogue dragon or something.

The Hound riding Dany's rogue dragon comes to safe Jorah!

So there are like 4 "leaders" of these whitewalkers or something?  The dudes on the horses?  I wonder if they were human at one point.

If the guy with the crown growing out of his dome is who some people think he is, then he was.

Don't know what that means for the rest of them.

That actress who played the Wildling lady (you knew something bad was gonna happen to her) is gonna have one hell of a story to tell one day

"And then what happened next, grandma?"

"Well...then...a bunch of decomposed, undead kids attacked me and gnawed half my face off like they were morbidly obese people at a Golden Corral buffet."

"......."

Oh, hey, there's four of them and they're horsemen...Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse! 

But then, being a wrestling dude I was just thinking which one was going to be their Tully. I figure Jon Snow has already offed their JJ Dillon. The rest aren't going to be that easy.

Sam killed one two seasons ago, so that would have to be Dillon.

Jon probably took out the revolving door 4th guy (Sid, Windham, Malenko, etc.) who has always existed to eat this loss.

The problem for Jon and everyone else is that, in this case, Ric Flair is also The Undertaker.

I love that every once in a while we are smacked in the mouth and reminded that the politics at King's Landing (which obviously I love.. ) is all meaningless bullshit.  There are bigger things in this world and they have brought winter with them.

Definitely the aspect that keeps me reading... and watching.

I doubt it's a coincidence that the resources to stop them are, while not super-common, known and available but just not being applied to the problem.  i.e. This Could Be Preventable If Only People Didn't Wait Until It's On Their Doorstep To Take It Seriously.

I doubt it's a coincidence that the resources to stop them are, while not super-common, known and available but just not being applied to the problem.  i.e. This Could Be Preventable If Only People Didn't Wait Until It's On Their Doorstep To Take It Seriously.

Martin is definitely showing us his own world view.  I love it.  The problem could definitely be solved I believe if all of these forces come together for the greater good but that's not humanity...  I guess there could be a happy ending of sorts. There are some people who see the bigger picture but I think they could possibly be swallowed by those self-serving individuals who don't..

So much great stuff happened at the end that I almost forgot Tormund's fantastic beat-to-death of the Lord of Bones (which is a name that would have spelled my doom if I was was a wildling because I never could have heard it without laughing).

It was Tuco-esque as in:

"If you have to beat someone to death with a staff made out of a human femur, beat them to death with a staff made out a human femur!  don't talk!"

So much great stuff happened at the end that I almost forgot Tormund's fantastic beat-to-death of the Lord of Bones (which is a name that would have spelled my doom if I was was a wildling because I never could have heard it without laughing).

It was Tuco-esque as in:

"If you have to beat someone to death with a staff made out of a human femur, beat them to death with a staff made out a human femur!  don't talk!"

If he gave himself the name "Lord of Bones", Tormund's actions were morally justified.