DVDVR Message Board

[NXT] AUGUST 2016 DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

So I missed the good seats for me and my family with the pre sale code should I just order the cheap ones or wait till tomorrow to see what's available?

EDIT: Justsaid fuck it and ordered upper level bleacher seats it's a small gym anyway

The ring is up on stage, if there's room, there are two rows opposite the crowd on stage as well, which is where the entrance is as well. The rest of the audience is in the normal theatre setting. 

At least, that's how it was back in February when I went to the show outside of Philly in Upper Darby.  

Not my photo, I was actually at the guardrail, so I was a bit "under" the ring rather than what the balcony's sight line would've been: 

20150514_193906.jpg

11 minutes ago, PetrolCB said:

The ring is up on stage, if there's room, there are two rows opposite the crowd on stage as well, which is where the entrance is as well. The rest of the audience is in the normal theatre setting. 

At least, that's how it was back in February when I went to the show outside of Philly in Upper Darby. 

Was it this show?

20150514_193906.jpg

After Takeover, my guess was they would do Revival vs Gargano/Ciampa vs Authors of Pain in a triple threat rather than Revival vs Authors of Pain straight up, either as a way to transition the titles to the Authors of Pain or keep them on the Revival in a multi-team like that. I hope they don't split Gargano/Ciampa, I think they're much better as a team and Takeover was the most I've ever enjoyed either guy.

I would love for them to stay together,  but they're already planting the seeds. Ciampa losing CWC plus Gargano tapping at Takeover are strikes one and two. Once strike three happens that's it for them. And honestly that's fine as I'm sure they'll have great hate-filled matches. 

Some notes from tonight's tapings

Joe/Nakamura rematch was set up. Joe beatdown Nakamura and did a uranage on the steps and Nakamura was stretchered out. I'm guessing it happens at the next tapings in September.

Asuka's next feud will be with Liv Morgan. Liv cut a promo challenging Asuka. Ember was on the tapings but they will probably hold off on that match till November or so.

I thought they were going to start the Dusty Classic on these tapings as they had a graphic with a title belt on the screen but it turns out it was for Conor's cure.

These tapings were a reset of sorts for the brand. Lots of new faces got tv time and it will take some time to replace all the people that left.

Not sure why they chose her for Asuka's next challenger. I can think of at least two others who have been around NXT as long and would have worked a lot better. Really though its going to take time to build a worth challenger. This is why it was so damn stupid to bring Nia to the main roster. I understand HHH likely couldn't fight it but still.

• Like 1

Okay - I posted threads for the spoilers. Remember that the WWE will move things around so you are still reading the spoilers at your own risk.

Couple other things that are technically spoilers but not really spoilers

Tom Phillips and Corey Graves were still the announcers so clearly Graves will do it until they find a replacement for him

As Tim mentioned - no announcement of Dusty Rhodes Classic nor of the next Takeover show but the tapings only go to mid-Sept

Spoiler

I'm okay with Asuka vs. Liv. That's what NXT is about at it's core putting a young lioness against the Queen of the Jungle and let her learn. My guess is that the match will happen on the next set of tapings and we'll get Asuka/Billie Kay at the next Takeover. I think they're gonna try and hold off on Asuka/Ember Moon until Takeover: Orlando Mania 33 Edition.

I wonder how long they're going to keep Roode away from the NXT title or if they're gonna hotshot him up to WWE soon.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, JCM said:

If that match goes past 4 minutes Asuka loses credibility. I was hoping they would do something cheap like have Becky challenge as revenge for Bayley.

You could, given very little time at all, make fiction what we know to be actually true: There's no one who can believably stand against Asuka in NXT right now, so she takes to challenging main roster opponents. Becky, the only horsewoman not to have held the title, would make sense as a Takeover challenger. (This works better if she doesn't win the Smackdown Women's title, obviously.) Though Summer, Fox, Paige, Bliss, Emma again... there's no shortage of compelling matchups. Of course Asuka would keep winning, until you do build up the division generally and someone specifically--Moon, probably--to credibly take the belt from her. 

1 hour ago, Wyld Samurai said:

I'm still irritated they never went with the Four Fillies as the female version of the horsemen. 

ban plz.

• Like 1