DVDVR Message Board

[NXT] AUGUST 2016 DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

So who from this board is not going at this point? Bel Air is where one of my sisters-in-law lives so I'll be making the trip with my wife and our kids. BTW the NXT ticket policy is up limiting tickets to 4 per purchase and 2 purchases per household.

Limit of four tickets with 2 per purchases household?  Hmm...hoping we can at least get seats relatively near each other.  What time do they go on sale Friday?  If it's after 9am I'm going to have a fun time trying to get tickets while at work.

On 8/22/2016 at 3:11 PM, Cyanide said:

Fuckkkkk I just realized I agreed to go to the Renaissance Faire with my girlfriend and all her friends that day like months ago, and that's down closer to my neck of the woods. Which means one long ass day of commuting or...

I never imagined I might be forced to choose between a relationship and Shinsuke Nakamura, but here we are.

If you have to even think about Renaissance Faire vs. Shinsuke Nakamura, you can just turn in your man card right now.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, OSJ said:

If you have to even think about Renaissance Faire vs. Shinsuke Nakamura, you can just turn in your man card right now.

Hey, it ain't even really my bag to begin with, but obligations and what not.

Fortunately, a key person from the group seems like they can't do the 8th now, so I may be able to swing it without conflict. I had even been debating just shooting down to Richmond after work that Friday for that show since I'd already be in College Park (what's another two hours south and a three hour trip back?)

8 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Does JT's lack of participation in this thread mean he is going to the richmond show instead of MD one, going to neither or just that he isnt reading this at all? 

Pretty sure it's the later.

I sent him a PM

16 hours ago, Wyld Samurai said:

They're both pretend... not sure what you're meaning by "man card". :)

I look at it as giant turkey legs, corsets and big boobs vs scantily clad men, neck beards and cargo shorts. 

While I'm still siding with OSJ on this one you sure make one helluva point.  But turkey legs you can get at a state fair.  And corsets/big boobs are readily available if you go to the right places.

But Nakamura?  Unless they come back around or he's on a main roster show in your area that's once in a lifetime shit right there.  Just be glad said neckbeards won't be drooling over Bayley since she's called up now.

• Like 2

Calling Bel Air ("Blair" if you're from the area) "Baltimore" is possibly worse than all the people who, when Canton got gentrified, hip and expensive, calling areas outside Canton "Northern Canton" (Patterson Park/Butcher's Hill) and "Eastern Canton" (Highlandtown/Greektown).  "Oh yeah I live in the north part of Canton."  Motherfucker you live on Eastern and Montford GTFO.

• Like 2

Yeah, I'm not sure why they said Baltimore.  I guess Bel Air isn't "sexy" enough to put on that little map that HHH tweets out.  But they and TNA do that with other towns.  It might be in a town nearby Charlotte, NC, but that still doesn't stop them from saying they're going to Charlotte.  But they at least said Bel Air in the commercial so they got that part right.

And I live in Greektown but fortunately haven't heard anybody call it Eastern Canton.  I think if they did I'd have the right to say something like "No, motherfucker, this is Greektown, get the fuck out of here with that shit!"

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Cristobal said:

hqdefault.jpg

Glad to see your opinion on the matter, conveniently enough depicted by a picture.  I'm cool with you but if this doesn't interest you then just scroll down.

And considering there's a fair amount of people nearby who are planning to go to this show then I think it's safe to say that people care.  Maybe not so much about what place is now considered Northern Canton but surely about the fact there's an NXT show.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, OSJ said:

Hey, he said that he agreed to go there to woo his fair maiden. Can't get more manly than that. To bring it back to pro wrestling, I bet the Vaudevillains woo fair maidens all the time, and they're manly as fuck. I bet Jack Gallagher woos fair maidens all the time, and that dude is clearly manly. 

• Like 1