DVDVR Message Board

[NXT] AUGUST 2016 DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

Those two posts together somehow made me think of Triple H as Papa Smurf, full white cap and blue paint.

And somehow, he'd be facing Demon Balor at Mania.

I know it's horribly wrong.

22 minutes ago, zev said:

Those two posts together somehow made me think of Triple H as Papa Smurf, full white cap and blue paint.

I visualize HHH as Papa John, making mediocre chain pizza. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zev said:

Papa Smurf wore red... DID YOU EVEN WATCH THE SMURFS?

• Like 1

BTW - this is what was taped before the Brooklyn show

Spoiler

Tye Dillinger over Blake

Authors of Pain over TM61

Figure they will be heavy on the recapping too

36 minutes ago, hammerva said:

NXT house shows in Richmond, Norfolk, and Baltimore in first week of October.  Tickets on sale this Friday

Oh you motherfuckers....

Well looks like I am going to have to make a road trip

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Exact dates

Norfolk - 10/6

Richmond - 10/7

Baltimore - 10/8

I might be paying Dean a visit for my anniversary this year

Let's do it!

• Like 1

I almost leaped high out of my office chair when I saw Baltimore on the schedule.  Too bad Bayley won't be there AFAIK, but it'll still be an awesome time.

Odessa, I'm down with a meetup.  No matter where they hold it is gravy with me.

• Like 1

Apparently the "Baltimore" show is at the APG Federal Credit Union Arena...

...which I'm like did they already rename the Baltimore Arena and why is APG all up in there...

...but it's apparently affiliated with Harford Community College. In goddamn Bel Air.

That said I definitely want to go. My girlfriend is at least somewhat up that way so it's a good midpoint to crash at after.

2 minutes ago, Cyanide said:

Apparently the "Baltimore" show is at the APG Federal Credit Union Arena...

...which I'm like did they already rename the Baltimore Arena and why is APG all up in there...

...but it's apparently affiliated with Harford Community College. In goddamn Bel Air.

That said I definitely want to go. My girlfriend is at least somewhat up that way so it's a good midpoint to crash at after.

Wow.  15 mnutes from work. The only thing better would be if they actually ran at Ripken Stadium. 

Fuckkkkk I just realized I agreed to go to the Renaissance Faire with my girlfriend and all her friends that day like months ago, and that's down closer to my neck of the woods. Which means one long ass day of commuting or...

I never imagined I might be forced to choose between a relationship and Shinsuke Nakamura, but here we are.

Yeah - in talking with my wife - it looks like the Baltimore show is the better option for me.

The Richmond show being a Friday makes it a backbreaker (not to mention my aforementioned wedding anniversary)

11 minutes ago, hammerva said:

I am curious how much smaller this place from Bel Air than the Royal Farms Arena.  They might have filled that arena since it is a Saturday but it would have been close. 

Wikipedia has a capacity of 2500-3400, so way smaller, though I don't know what the Royal Farms Arena ends up at exactly when configured for wrestling.

51 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

It is just over 2 hours for me. (if I go 15/70/95).

Oh and that is a 3 day weekend so both Friday and Saturday are gonna suck traffic wise

As Matt can attest, 95 traffic in Harford County is always full of accidents and delays on the weekend, esp either of the 2 exits people might take.

One of my friends that went to HCC said 2500, but add a couple hundted seats on the floor for rasslin. 

Presumably, a sell out should be non issue, given they are drawing from baltimore and northern suburbs, delaware and southern PA.

My wife and I lost our shit seeing not only is it in Bel Air but it's by the Community College where we used to go to.  Holy fucks I can't believe Nakamura's going there.  This is insane.

Traffic does suck once you get around there.  But if you have time for quality food JD's Smokehouse is right there and they have damn fine BBQ.  And the beer selection is pretty good too.  If there was going to be a meetup that place is as good as any as it's right by the college.

As it is I'm going with my wife and a couple friends, but will certainly be down for a DVDR meetup.

• Like 1