DVDVR Message Board

[NXT] AUGUST 2016 DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

16 minutes ago, supremebve said:

The Patriot Center would be my pick.  Based on the UFC show I watched there, it is a great building for wrestling/MMA.  It is big enough to put on a decent sized show, but small enough that all of the seats are pretty good seats.  

Well that would be my dream to have them at EagleBank Arena (The Patriot Center's new name) - I doubt they would run it since it seems like they tend not to run NXT shows in the arenas they run house shows in

26 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Well that would be my dream to have them at EagleBank Arena (The Patriot Center's new name) - I doubt they would run it since it seems like they tend not to run NXT shows in the arenas they run house shows in

I've lived within 30 minutes of The Patriot Center(It's mama called it the Patriot Center, I'm going to call it the Patriot Center) for 21 years, and attended George Mason University, but I've been to the Patriot Center exactly one time and it was last year.  I've been to Verizon with its terrible parking and overcrowded metro 1919561560065020561 times.  I studied journalism and could have asked for a credential to go to any sporting event for free and somehow just never decided to go.

17 hours ago, Go2Sleep said:

Everyone going to Brooklyn better have Bobby Roode's theme memorized for an epic singalong.

I'm not going, sadly.  Yet I've played this the last few days and have a good handle on the lyrics.  That said, I am going to need maximum effort to not belt out the theme when he comes out.  I'm sure my neighbors upstairs wouldn't appreciate that.  But hot damn, there's a word to describe how Roode's entrance is going to be.  I just can't think of what that word can be. :)

• Like 1

I was looking forward to an awesome Roode heel run, but now have to worry about him being baby faced because of his music. They've done a great job making people feel like big deals with the music and presentation. I'm hyped to see what they do for Ember Moon.

So I'm not sure which Trio team I want to see more right now. Team #GloriousBomb (Roode/Gargano/Ciampa) or Heel NXT House Show Trio Team (Joe/Authors of Pain). #GloriousBomb is so fun but having Paul Ellering managing the NXT Champion just seems like a great idea.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Brysynner said:

So I'm not sure which Trio team I want to see more right now. Team #GloriousBomb (Roode/Gargano/Ciampa) or Heel NXT House Show Trio Team (Joe/Authors of Pain). #GloriousBomb is so fun but having Paul Ellering managing the NXT Champion just seems like a great idea.

I would absolutely love Team #GloriousBomb, but with Roode as heel that would have to wait until his face turn.  JCM is on point though, they're going to turn him unless he finds a way to maintain it.  Joe/AOP would be pretty rad, especially if they have the tag belts to go with it.  No matter which team happens, everybody would win.

The easiest way to do it would be have Roode win, Gargano/Ciampa win the tag titles, Joe retains with help from the Authors of Pain. Nakamura gets called up to Smackdown Live. Then you have Roode win a #1 Contenders match against Austin Aries. Then in the buildup to NXT TakeOver you have the #1 contender for the NXT title team with the NXT Tag Champions to take on the NXT Champion and the #1 contenders to the NXT Tag Titles. You don't have to turn Roode full babyface, if he's getting over as an arrogant prick let him continue to be one but just not make fun of the audience as much.

1 hour ago, Brysynner said:

AoP + Joe w/ Ellering would be a worthy successor to the original Legion of Doom.

I think either Asuka or Nakamura is going to suffer their first loss at Brooklyn. I think it needs to be Asuka. If she beats super fired up aggressive Bayley I don't know who can believably beat her in NXT.

I'll always root for Bayley, but if her getting the title means she's in NXT longer and I'm not sure I'm down with that.  She needs to go up to the MR immediately and having a sendoff at Barclays would still be one helluva moment.  As for as who can believably beat Asuka, I'd say Ember Moon.  Build her up right and she'll be fine.  And there's others that they can build up.

And I'm also selfish because if Bayley loses and joins Raw, that means I get to see her on September 12.  Please, please don't deny me this opportunity.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JCM said:

I think either Asuka or Nakamura is going to suffer their first loss at Brooklyn. I think it needs to be Asuka. If she beats super fired up aggressive Bayley I don't know who can believably beat her in NXT.

I'd actually go with Nak. They can do a rematch in Full Sail in October and take the time to make him seem to care about beating Joe. Bayley... going up to Smackdown on a loss could situate her character in a place to let her move up the ranks more organically.

• Like 1