DVDVR Message Board

[NXT] AUGUST 2016 DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

3 hours ago, NickMD said:

And considering there's a fair amount of people nearby who are planning to go to this show then I think it's safe to say that people care.  Maybe not so much about what place is now considered Northern Canton but surely about the fact there's an NXT show.

Yes, I was absolutely implying nobody cares about the NXT show in the NXT thread and not the random digression into Baltimore neighborhoods and suburbs and what they're called. That is a completely sensible reading of that post.

Okay,  and what exactly do you gain from stating your opinion in such a way? Again if it doesn't interest you just scroll down. It's not that hard to do. Now I'm at least going to stick with NXT discussion  here.  But if you feel compelled to react like that again then don't waste your time.

It's possible,  but if they run a show near a big city they'll just initially announce the big city instead of where it actually is. They tend to do that a fair bit.

As for the show tonight, not sure if this will be covered in another thread. But the two matches were good,  good showcase for both teams. Lots of recap videos,  but the one of Bayley's send off is worth checking out. 

3 hours ago, NickMD said:

Okay,  and what exactly do you gain from stating your opinion in such a way? Again if it doesn't interest you just scroll down. It's not that hard to do. Now I'm at least going to stick with NXT discussion  here.  But if you feel compelled to react like that again then don't waste your time.

regal-dancing-o.gif

2 hours ago, hammerva said:

So I guess they don't do pre-sale codes for NXT house shows.    

Nevermind it is NXTLIVE for the pre-sale code 

Appreciate the heads up! Just ordered my ticket for Bel Air.

3 hours ago, hammerva said:

So I guess they don't do pre-sale codes for NXT house shows.    

Nevermind it is NXTLIVE for the pre-sale code 

Didn't see this topic at the time, but good ol' HHH announced the pre-sale on Twitter.   Got my four tickets, so ungodly excited for this.

And I'm not bothered by NXT spoilers that much, but will be super annoyed if I find out CWC spoilers.  I'm curious who's going to appear in the NXT tapings.

I have to assume the Sanity gimmick - whatever it is - will show up as some point in the tapings

I guess we will also learn if they are doing the Dusty Classic or not

Now that you mention it, you're right.  I remember HHH's past tweets when he announced the pre-sale code, and it was the same one.  I think for main roster shows they use either a different one each time or the same one specific to where they're going.

If they are doing a Dusty Classic (which I hope they do),  it will be interesting to see if they still follow the old Crockett Cup thing of a babyface team always winning.  To me the top 2 favorites would be Revival and Authors of Pain, both heels.   I guess they could book Gargano & Ciampa winning it but it really does seem like Ciampa is turning on Johnny.  

2 minutes ago, hammerva said:

If they are doing a Dusty Classic (which I hope they do),  it will be interesting to see if they still follow the old Crockett Cup thing of a babyface team always winning.  To me the top 2 favorites would be Revival and Authors of Pain, both heels.   I guess they could book Gargano & Ciampa winning it but it really does seem like Ciampa is turning on Johnny.  

Well its clear that Authors of Pain are being groomed for a title shot so Revival will be a defacto face at the minimum (not that it will take the crowd much to cheer them)

3 minutes ago, Matt D said:

Just picked up tickets. First wrestling show since the Rumble last year and second since 200... 5? Maybe? 

Now they better not bring Revival up to the main roster. 

I'll be super bummed if that's the case.  Aside from Nak I just want to see a fantastic match from them live.  And from most accounts they deliver in that respect.  But I can see them being called up relatively soon, sadly.  If they do go up without losing, maybe the Dusty Classic can have it where the winners are the tag champs.

I wonder if they have the Revival lose to an up-and-coming tag team the way the Vaudes did last year to the Revival.  I could also see Revival-AOP meeting up before the finals and going to a double DQ/CO.

I'm guessing there would be at least one CWC team in it also, along with the debuting Wolfe/Fulton.

If they do the Dusty Classic - that could be where the Gargano/Ciampa split finally happens

I am also assuming Patrick Clark/Kenneth Cameron will get to be first round jobbers

And of course - the Classic is primed for a return of the Dirty Heels

I can totally see those teams in the Classic.  Nak/Itami might go down a similar road to last year.  They win and then Itami wants the title, building up to a match.  I think to change it up they should find a team that could use that success to build them up.  Revival are champs and don't really need it, Team DYI should split as a result of a loss.  I want to say it should be AOP, but if they want a face to win then TM-61 can work just as well for me.

Odessasteps, I feel very confident in Almas and Dorada being on the show.  The CWC will finish by then, and I'm sure they'd want guys like him to get on shows to keep his name out there.  That will be very cool to see.