DVDVR Message Board

[NXT] AUGUST 2016 DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

1 hour ago, Wyld Samurai said:

So you're saying "Four Horsewomen" just flows off the tongue? It's probably one of the most forced monikers I can remember. 

I could go further with this, but then I'd just be arguing over the internet. 

It might not roll off the tongue as well for you, but Four Horsewomen is the far better name to go with.  And how can it be forced when from what I remember that's kind of what they were calling themselves to begin with?

You don't have to get in an online argument, but at least look this up.

They were, and even have a pretty awesome shirt on Pro Wrestling Tees.  Apparently it's trademarked by a clothing company so neither group has it.  But yeah, it was Ronda's group using it for a long time, and with her not around much it's been mainly brought up in WWE only.

5 hours ago, Beech27 said:

Regarding Asuka's (and Nakamura's, to a lesser extent) perceived dominance: Fivethirtyeight, of all places, is on it. Asuka's 73-0, which, I gather, is pretty good. 

That's awesome. I already never want her to lose, now I wanna see how long the streak can go.

Yeah, I'm kind of thinking she goes undefeated in NXT, gets called up to the main roster, and is forced to forfeit the title similar to Paige.  Getting pushed as "the woman who did what the Four Horsewomen didn't, run undefeated through NXT" should instantly get her over.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Until Stephanie beats her. 

I hate you for saying that because it's so fucking likely...;-(

• Like 2

WWE is crazy if they don't give Asuka the full Goldberg push with that streak.

150-0 Asuka vs. Sasha Banks could main event a Raw single-brand ppv.

Edit: Or do a Bobby Lashley angle where she wins the Raw and SD women's titles to go with her NXT one.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Go2Sleep said:

WWE is crazy if they don't give Asuka the full Goldberg push with that streak.

150-0 Asuka vs. Sasha Banks could main event a Raw single-brand ppv.

I'd pay the old PPV price to see a show headlined by that--but, I'd watch through my fingers, afraid Sasha might want to try some Hokuto/Kandori dives. So, I don't really know what I'd like the endgame to be. But it's interesting for now, and will be more so if WWE makes a thing of it. They mentioned Charlotte's PPV record--an ESPN stat--so it wouldn't be without recent precedent.