DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST 2016 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

So biggest news so far from NWA Legends convention in Charlotte (which seems awesome to go once) is that Bobby Eaton is missing.  He was last seen at the Atlanta airport and never made it to the convention.   Everyone from Shane McMahon to Dreamer to the Rock is tweeting about concerns.  Hope he is fine and just decided to not show up but man lots of nervous people

56 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

I want to say they cut a promo without JC after jim took the scaffold bump at Starrcade. 

The 6:05 after Starrcade Condrey and Baby Doll did all the talking.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I want to support Rhyno but I need to know where he stands on the TPP

All you need to know is that Rhyno cares deeply about the Deerborn public swimming pools and wants Little Caesars Pizza to sponsor it. This is the only political stance he has on his website under the "issues" tab. I find this hilarious.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, hammerva said:

So biggest news so far from NWA Legends convention in Charlotte (which seems awesome to go once) is that Bobby Eaton is missing.  He was last seen at the Atlanta airport and never made it to the convention.   Everyone from Shane McMahon to Dreamer to the Rock is tweeting about concerns.  Hope he is fine and just decided to not show up but man lots of nervous people

I went in 2010 and it was a lot of fun. I took a shot with Terry Funk and Gerald Brisco. My buddies and I are all either Miami alums or fans so we were wearing Miami shirts the night before. We saw Funk and Brisco in the hotel bar and Brisco comes up to us and says, "hey you guys are from The U! Awesome. Let's get a pic together throwing up the U! JR, these guys are from The U!" Gerald Brisco actually requested to take a picture with me. Also, JR talked to us about college football for a little bit but he was kinda hammered and I could barely make out what the hell he was saying. He said something like, "man, dang old Miami is a fertile recruiting ground I'll tell you what I can get in my car and drive around Miami and recruit some 5 star man I'll tell you what you can get in a car and find any dang old recruit you want down there I'll tell you what."

• Like 9

5 hours ago, Salads said:

Had a dream that for the new era Roman Reigns was repackaged as 'Big Sexy' Leo Kruger.

I rarely ever have wrestling related dreams. I had a few years ago that a co-worker at the time and Hulk Hogan shared a house together in East Brunswick, New Jersey. They had a huge house party, but when somebody spotted a rat run through the house, everyone freaked out and the party ended. 

Bret basically accuses Rollins of being reckless every chance he gets.  He cites Sting and Cena's injuries during their matches with Rollins as examples.

When it comes to the Face That Runs the Place, it's hard to argue with Bret.  It was unintentional, but he basically turned Cena's nose into a crater.

Bret being his usual salty self, insinuating that Rollins isn't a safe worker because he's injured John Cena and Sting in the past. Saying he could have killed Cena with that knee, then "not a week later" he injured Sting and he should have been more careful because Sting is one of those guys you "have to take care of in the ring". Also said Drew McIntyre, Wade Barrett and Cody Rhodes should have been top stars.

49 minutes ago, Casey said:

Bret being his usual salty self, insinuating that Rollins isn't a safe worker because he's injured John Cena and Sting in the past. Saying he could have killed Cena with that knee, then "not a week later" he injured Sting and he should have been more careful because Sting is one of those guys you "have to take care of in the ring". Also said Drew McIntyre, Wade Barrett and Cody Rhodes should have been top stars.

Not really sure it's insinuation at all.  

Bret on the Cena incident:

"It's a testimony to John Cena. A, he finished the match and b, that he didn't get a shotgun and shoot Seth Rollins when he came through the curtain."

So I guess we know how Bret felt about Goldberg at the time...

• Like 1