DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST 2016 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

1 hour ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I think with her leaving WWE that will have Jojo on RAW, the NXT guy for SD! and the Latina announcer for NXT. That would be my guess.

Not that it's important, but I had no idea Jojo's father is former MLB nut case Jose Offerman. 

2 hours ago, Sammo~! said:

AKA The Shogun of the Row

AKA The Great Black Otaku

AKA The master of the Niko Niko Knee.

Brennan Williams has a huge YouTube following for his Let's Plays and Anime Reviews and his association with Best Friends Play. He appeals to the nerd subculture of wrestling fans in the same way Xavier Woods does. He's a hilarious guy on the mic and is also 6'7" and an ex-NFL player. The sky is the limit for this dude.

You can count on both hands the number of professional matches he's had.  I've been front row for almost all of them.  He's green, but a good athlete and he rarely seems lost in the ring.  Bookeer had him working with the best wrestlers on his roster, so he seemed to learn pretty quickly. He's got charisma and presence, and understands the showmanship aspects of the business.  Hanging out with Swagsuke will only help him on that front.  

You know how Jim Ross used to say you had to see Big Show live to believe it? I went to a house show a couple weeks ago, and the same goes for Jojo in a much, much different way.

Her dad once charged the mound and tried to beat a pitcher with a bat in the minor league stadium next door to the same arena and ended his own team's catcher's career though, and got sued for almost a million dollars, so there's that I guess.

The maniac put one of those dudes out of the sport after he whacked 'em in the back of the head. Yeah, I wouldn't be knocking on the Boss' door anytime soon. As if her older cuz didn't have enough contacts...

EDIT: Whoops I only read the bat part of Zakk's post before just looking up the guy's name to find out what happened

6 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

The maniac put one of those dudes out of the sport after he whacked 'em in the back of the head. Yeah, I wouldn't be knocking on the Boss' door anytime soon. As if her older cuz didn't have enough contacts...

EDIT: Whoops I only read the bat part of Zakk's post before just looking up the guy's name to find out what happened

I had the story wrong anyway it wasn't his own catcher obviously from the picture

I soent last night watxhing the dyong days if WCW... in retrospect to what the WWE has been deliverinf on its really not that bad. Scott Steiner is absolutely badass in hindsight as World Champion just being completely crazy. Jason Jett was a good bit of fun. Shannon Moore is the first guy i ever saw that didnt make Misterio look like a dwarf.

And Booker... wow... he had a presence.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wyld Samurai said:

I soent last night watxhing the dyong days if WCW... in retrospect to what the WWE has been deliverinf on its really not that bad. Scott Steiner is absolutely badass in hindsight as World Champion just being completely crazy. Jason Jett was a good bit of fun. Shannon Moore is the first guy i ever saw that didnt make Misterio look like a dwarf.

And Booker... wow... he had a presence.

The dying days of WCW is awesome as they're forced to cut a lot of bait and they basically build the company around Booker and Scott Steiner. I really like what Midajah added to Scott Steiner. I kind of wish WWE would've brought her in with Scott.

Also speaking of adding a lot to a person when they realistically shouldn't, I was watching some old ECW and Dawn Marie was a great presence for Lance Storm. My favorite thing was Storm and Dawn seemed to have a genuine friendship where she was so happy when he won and so sad when he lost. Also with the Impact Players she immediately would go to him to congratulate him when they won before celebrating with Justin Credible and Jason.

• Like 2

Yeah, it seemed they had quite the genuine friendship which was nice.  And going by Twitter it sounds they still think tremendously high of each other.

As for WCW in '01, the comparison to TNA now isn't that far off.  When all else fails, put on good wrestling and hope for the best.  Hopefully TNA can get out of the financial shithole they're in as the shows this year mostly have been pretty good.  I went from hate-watching to actually liking it a good bit.  Then again, I was hoping for a similar thing with WCW and that didn't pan out.

17 hours ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

You know how Jim Ross used to say you had to see Big Show live to believe it? I went to a house show a couple weeks ago, and the same goes for Jojo in a much, much different way.

That picture with the cereal box is secretly the cereal box that The New Day used for their Wrestlemania entrance.  It is just dwarfed by the magnificence of dat booty.

• Like 3

Well I guess I hope they are enjoying the sex....

The last few months have not been kind to Paige and her position on the roster. Once an integral part of the story during Nikki Bella’s historic title run, Paige has all but faded from televised events and now is being pulled from live events.

The self proclaimed “Glampire” was set to team with Women’s Champion, Sasha Banks, during live events in Australia and New Zealand next week. However, as of today, Paige was pulled from all four events. This on the heels of her rather bizarre behavior on social media and her controversial relationship with fellow Superstar, Alberto Del Rio, has many fans concerned about their favorite Raven Haired Lady. Could this all be to generate interest in the upcoming season of Total Divas? Or is the former 2x Diva’s Champion on her way to a meltdown circa Britney 2007?

http://www.diva-dirt.com/125699/paige-pulled-shows/

If this is legitimate and not just a Total Divas angle, I find it really interesting given that she's from a wrestling family and should have some sort of idea what the pitfalls of the road and business can be.

Edit: Technico we posted at the same time and you make a great point about her age, but she's already been on the main roster for like 5 years, so there's a discussion about age vs. experience in there to consider as well

• Like 1

Paige is 23. 75% of 23-year-olds make bad relationship decisions and act like hot messes about it on social media. The difference is Paige is acting like a normal 23-year-old while also working for a publicly traded corporation with fucked up politics and reactions to work place relationships.

• Like 2

Just for the record - her Mom is on Twitter claiming that Paige is just injured

Of course - she is doing it by cursing out everyone so that is clearly helping the family image

I love this

August 3rd: WWE.com reported that Heath Slater was in talks with EVOLVE after becoming a free agent following the WWE draft. We can now confirm that negotiations are at a standstill. Slater is now focused on his match against Rhyno this Tuesday on Smackdown Live on the USA Network. If Slater wins this match, he will be signed to the Smackdown brand.

That's from Gabe's most recent update

• Like 3