DVDVR Message Board

Olympics Omnibus thread

odessasteps

As bad as NBC's website is,  the Streaming app for mobile/Roku sucks WORSE.

Good luck finding something actually running live that you actually want to watch.  And shit, the weightlifting stream had commercials AFTER EVERY DAMN LIFT.

1 hour ago, Charlie M. said:

Watching men's field hockey and I can't help but think of how fun it'd be to have ball hockey in the Olympics instead.

I would prefer the return of Men's Lacrosse since I believe clothelines are legal.

All the times I heard about rugby I never showed interest in it.  Watching it now it looks absolutely amazing.  I've heard it's more dangerous than football is due to no helmets and all that.  But so far I can't see why this couldn't translate well to the US.  Worth a shot at least.

3 hours ago, J.T. said:

I thought that was genetic engineering to create the world's first mermaid? Phelps is obviously half shark / half torpedo.

UK Gymnast Girl channeled her inner Sabu.  The soul cleansing power of hate magically healed her broken neck and her blown knees and torn ACLs..  I have expected her to do a victory moonsault onto the vault horse and break it in half..

Awww.  Little Flavia Saraiva is one of my favorite Olympic peeps right now.  She looks like she is no older than my own kid.  I keep wanting to text her coach and scold him for letting Flavia staying up so late.  Middle school kids need to stay on a steady sleep schedule.

Unbelievably, she'll be 17 next month.

Canadian women's basketball comes from down 12 starting the 4th quarter to take down Serbia. I love team sports at the Olympics! Well, not men's field hockey. They keep getting their butts kicked. :)

Streaming update:  Streaming on the laptop kind of sucks. There's a lot of lag for some reason and the design on the site is awful. 

Streaming with the mobile app is working much better.  Crystal clear HD and only a few minor hiccups. But my phone bill will be insane. I can't use the Wi-Fi at work.  :(

24 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Streaming update:  Streaming on the laptop kind of sucks. There's a lot of lag for some reason and the design on the site is awful. 

Streaming with the mobile app is working much better.  Crystal clear HD and only a few minor hiccups. But my phone bill will be insane. I can't use the Wi-Fi at work.  :(

Yep, same here which sucks.  Wish I could stream on computer but it's blocked by firewall.  I'm hoping to catch up on some of the cool stuff tonight before Raw.

3 minutes ago, NickMD said:

Yep, same here which sucks.  Wish I could stream on computer but it's blocked by firewall.  I'm hoping to catch up on some of the cool stuff tonight before Raw.

The good thing is at least there's live stuff on weeknights. I got the DVR working overtime this week. I guess maybe I'll watch RAW and then Olympics stuff after or vice versa.  I should have just taken time off from work and mapped this whole week around the games lol

25 minutes ago, El Dragon said:

I'm strongly considering doing the trick in the last Olympics and trying to "cheat" to get the BBC coverage of the Olympics instead of the NBC.

Rhymes with schmunnelbear.