DVDVR Message Board

Olympics Omnibus thread

odessasteps

On 7/29/2016 at 2:23 PM, Ryan said:

Or be expanded. They have to dance with their horse like some bizarre ballroom dancing competition.

Horse dance-off.  It's like The Preakness meets You Got Served.

On 8/1/2016 at 0:31 PM, odessasteps said:

Since its Tokyo, make surreptitiously rubbing your junk against schoolgirls on the train an Olympic event. 

ftfy

• Like 1

Wasn't grammar naziing, just poking fun and being silly, I'm fine with people rooting on their countries and teams by using we, I just like playing with the usage for humor. I am no one's friend. I am the man who walks alone. Ow, I just tripped. Carry me.

• Like 1

I think more interesting than the medal table will be the "athletes robbed" table. -1 days in and you already have Australians and Danes on that list. Austrians missing out so far as only reporters and students working for the delegation so far have been effected.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Ryan said:

Wasn't grammar naziing, just poking fun and being silly, I'm fine with people rooting on their countries and teams by using we, I just like playing with the usage for humor. I am no one's friend. I am the man who walks alone. Ow, I just tripped. Carry me.

Batista-entrance-o.gif

Ryan is Batista. Confirmed.

• Like 3

I'm confused, If I'm Batista, wouldn't that make you one of the other two? How can Batista refuse to carry himself! So illogical. Anyways, back to the games, everyone has caught Super Zika Rio De Janeiro Dance Fever.

2 hours ago, Ryan said:

I'm confused, If I'm Batista, wouldn't that make you one of the other two? How can Batista refuse to carry himself! So illogical.

It's that same thing where that girl from the M. Knight Shyamalan trailer is really John Cusak from The Three in Adaptatioin, which makes you the Nicholas Cage that wasn't John Malkovich.

GODDAMN MAN ITS NOT THAT DIIFUCLT!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Ryan said:

I'm confused, If I'm Batista, wouldn't that make you one of the other two? How can Batista refuse to carry himself! So illogical. Anyways, back to the games, everyone has caught Super Zika Rio De Janeiro Dance Fever.

Apparently according to your signature so have those dancing. :)

The Olympics are going to be a literal shitshow for outdoor events.  I have a morbid curiosity to check those out just to see how bad it truly gets.  But I'm super interested in Judo, Wrestling, and Taekwondo.  It's too bad that fringe events get no love on NBC, but I'm hopeful with all they've been promising I should still be able to watch live/catch up without much difficulty.  It's amazing to think how easy it should be now compared to even four years ago.

On 8/3/2016 at 0:15 PM, The Natural said:

IOC fucking bottled it.

I'll be watching: Athletics, synchronized swimming, diving, Judo, Taekwondo and I'm probably missing something out.

*whispering* "The password is "handball."

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Kuetsar said:

Wasn't the Iron Sheik an Olympian too?

Nope

Everyone likes to claim he was on Iran's 68 team but he didn't make the final roster.

He was an assistant coach to the US Olympic team in 72 but he never competed himself.

3 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Nope

Everyone likes to claim he was on Iran's 68 team but he didn't make the final roster.

He was an assistant coach to the US Olympic team in 72 but he never competed himself.

Thanks, that's one of those things that hard to confirm either way on an internet search. The more you know. .. . .