DVDVR Message Board

Raw is MitB Rematches - 6/20/16

Dolfan in NYC

Reads through spoilers...

Shield Triple Threat at.... Battleground.

Ugh.  Fuck these fucking morons.  Dean vs. Seth.  Or Dean vs. Roman.  THEN you end up with a triple threat at SummerSlam.  Milk this for all its worth.  Nope.  Let's throw away the one match we all knew was coming that was years in the making on a show that nobody cares about.  

• Like 1

Also - why have Ambrose lay out Reigns twice in two weeks, *and* steal "his" title?

if you're going to turn Reigns heel then that is seriously going to dilute the reaction when he beats the shit out of Dean in the coming weeks, as he's kinda justified in doing so.

Unless they're turning Dean? Surely not...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sydneybrown said:

Reads through spoilers...

Shield Triple Threat at.... Battleground.

Ugh.  Fuck these fucking morons.  Dean vs. Seth.  Or Dean vs. Roman.  THEN you end up with a triple threat at SummerSlam.  Milk this for all its worth.  Nope.  Let's throw away the one match we all knew was coming that was years in the making on a show that nobody cares about.  

Honestly the Shield triple threat means more here than it seems to the regular audience. It never really has come off as something potentially big. The booking of all three guys over the last two years would have had to have been a whole hell of lot better to make mean more now let alone Summerslam worthy.

37 minutes ago, RolandTHTG said:

if you're going to turn Reigns heel then that is seriously going to dilute the reaction when he beats the shit out of Dean in the coming weeks, as he's kinda justified in doing so.

Because the guys booing Reigns don't really give a shit whether Reigns is justified in anything.

• Like 1

There is no way that Smackdown is getting any of the Shield guys. Them three are staying on RAW if Cena has to work Tuesdays.

It really makes me wonder what the hell they have planned for Summerslam if they're gonna piss this away at a transition ppv like this. Styles/Cena was a money match for Summerslam. The Shield triple threat for the title was a huge money match for Summerslam. Vince better hope and pray that Lesnar doesn't get his jaw broken by a Mark Hunt right hand.

7 hours ago, ChrisM said:

Xavier Woods being brainwashed into joining the Wyatts could be the most batshit insane angle they've done in a while....and I really hope to hell they do it! 

Really hope they do this too. My girlfriend, who was pretending not to be interested, let out a "noooo" when Xavier started to walk towards them. 

Also, does anybody know why Paige was visibly upset at the end of the match? She can't be that good at selling. Did she catch one in the nose? That'd do it for me. 

How can people complain about anything WWE related without bringing up the completely, utterly, monstrously moronic lead-in to the Zayn/Owens match.  "THIS FEUD IS GOING TO BE SETTLED, ONCE AND FOR ALL. TONIGHT ON RAW!"

Oh, and who is gonna be the person to tell Vince that Kofi accused Bray of jacking off on the audience?

6 hours ago, Fallacy! said:

The chances of Ambrose/Rollins/Reigns all ending up on the same show in the brand split seems pretty slim, so they kind of had to do the Shield 3-way now.

This is absolutely true. What's terrible is that they were like, "Oh shit...guess we need to get that match outta the way!" At Battleground. Hahaha

I enjoyed the show. I actually really really like the prospect of New Day/Wyatts. Seems fresh and different.

8 minutes ago, Trocar Slush Weasel said:

Oh, and who is gonna be the person to tell Vince that Kofi accused Bray of jacking off on the audience?

If any of you does anything that results in New Day getting taken off my TV, I will find you. 

2 hours ago, Mr Harms said:

Really hope they do this too. My girlfriend, who was pretending not to be interested, let out a "noooo" when Xavier started to walk towards them. 

Also, does anybody know why Paige was visibly upset at the end of the match? She can't be that good at selling. Did she catch one in the nose? That'd do it for me. 

I am all-in on a slow-burn "Xavier gets mesmerized by the Wyatt Family" storyline. Especially so if they do the Daniel Bryan/Wyatts resolution of having him join the family but come out of it eventually.

And I'm guessing Paige was upset because Dana Brooke blew the "foot on the rope" spot?

I can't wait to see what'd happen if Xavier's falls under Bray's spell.  If anything he's the perfect guy to do this with.  He's over-the-top, fans love him and they'd be perturbed by him being affected by it.  I'm all for it.  However, if they get split up next month it wouldn't get the needed time to really go all-out with this.  Might as well roll with it while they can.

3 hours ago, Mr Harms said:

I dunno, Paige always looks kind of sulky whenever she's booked to lose a match.

Most awkward moment of the night is Becky saying that she doesn't know why people keep turning on her but that she's going to focus on herself now followed by Natalya attacking her and saying she's going to focus on herself now.  I expect that next week Paige will attack both of them and announce that she's going to focus on herself now.

I actually think Raw is a pretty entertaining show overall (That Titus-Rusev fight was GNARLY stuff, the Wyatt-New Day stuff was entertaining, Ambrose was good, loved the tease of the package piledriver in Zayn-KO) but the thing that's the most insufferable about it is the #branding.  Every guy has to say some variation of the same thing in every promo: Roman  Reigns must feel like a doofus having to find ways to work "Guy" (The guy, a guy, I'm the guy) into his promos every night.  And it's bad enough that every match has to end either with a finisher or roll-up, but that there various trademark spots in every single match is also the worst: Someone always tries to irish whip Sami into the barricade from a long ways away so he has time to jump onto the barricade and moonsault off of it, someone who doesn't go to the top rope ever always has to go to the top in a Del Rio match, Neville always has to do his multiple flips across the ring etc. etc.  When you have 5 hours of wrestling to fill each non-PPV week (Not even counting Superstars etc.) I don't understand why they don't let the wrestlers change it up a bit and not have Sami dive over the ropes every week, but let the moment come organically so the crowd will pop more for it instead of getting to the PPV and having the pop muted because the audience has already seen him do the same dive twice within the same week.

1 hour ago, Trocar Slush Weasel said:

How can people complain about anything WWE related without bringing up the completely, utterly, monstrously moronic lead-in to the Zayn/Owens match.  "THIS FEUD IS GOING TO BE SETTLED, ONCE AND FOR ALL. TONIGHT ON RAW!"*

Oh, and who is gonna be the person to tell Vince that Kofi accused Bray of jacking off on the audience**?

* Was it Byron or Cole who said afterward, "Wow, I guess they really are destined to do this forever," or some similar comment?

** Don't forget the half-commital accompanying hand gestures by Big E.  Yeah, it looked like he was dealing cards, but we know, man ... we know .  But, considering that Cena does his 5 Knuckle Shuffle on dudes' faces in every match, surely Kofi's okay.  I mean, Loki calls Black Widow a crying pussy in a PG-13 movie and nary was a backlash mounted.

23 minutes ago, caley said:

I dunno, Paige always looks kind of sulky whenever she's booked to lose a match.

Most awkward moment of the night is Becky saying that she doesn't know why people keep turning on her but that she's going to focus on herself now followed by Natalya attacking her and saying she's going to focus on herself now.  I expect that next week Paige will attack both of them and announce that she's going to focus on herself now.

I actually think Raw is a pretty entertaining show overall (That Titus-Rusev fight was GNARLY stuff, the Wyatt-New Day stuff was entertaining, Ambrose was good, loved the tease of the package piledriver in Zayn-KO) but the thing that's the most insufferable about it is the #branding.  Every guy has to say some variation of the same thing in every promo: Roman  Reigns must feel like a doofus having to find ways to work "Guy" (The guy, a guy, I'm the guy) into his promos every night.  And it's bad enough that every match has to end either with a finisher or roll-up, but that there various trademark spots in every single match is also the worst: Someone always tries to irish whip Sami into the barricade from a long ways away so he has time to jump onto the barricade and moonsault off of it, someone who doesn't go to the top rope ever always has to go to the top in a Del Rio match, Neville always has to do his multiple flips across the ring etc. etc.  When you have 5 hours of wrestling to fill each non-PPV week (Not even counting Superstars etc.) I don't understand why they don't let the wrestlers change it up a bit and not have Sami dive over the ropes every week, but let the moment come organically so the crowd will pop more for it instead of getting to the PPV and having the pop muted because the audience has already seen him do the same dive twice within the same week.

Well, no one was EVER able to powerbomb Billy Kidman.  Esp. all those dudes who never used a powerboat before in their lives