DVDVR Message Board

The Hardys Not Really Dumpster Fire But Kinda Sad But Kinda Awesome Thread

I thought that booking the Hardyz vs. Decay feud was going to be a bad idea now that Jeff is Broken, too and traditionally I have never been a fan of heel vs. heel or anti-heel tweeners vs. heel feuds. 

Boy, was I stupid.

The awesomeness of Brokenness transcends Good and Evil.

• Like 3

On 9/5/2016 at 2:44 PM, pgi86 said:

And also, have youer wanted to see Jeff Hardy wrestling with a kangaroo?

Why, yes.  Yes, I have wanted to see Jeff Hardy versus a kangaroo, as a matter of fact.  Too bad that's just Smokin' Joe Frazier's soul inhabiting the body of a kangaroo though.  Less sporting of a contest in my opinion.

• Like 1

I still think Crazzy Steve is the most bush league name for a wrestler of all time. Also two Zs means it should be pronounced as if it rhymes with "snazzy" and not "lazy" but whatever I ended up really liking Decay in their role tonight. This wasn't as good as Final Deletion but a decent follow up. They've probably only got the legs to do one more of these before the whole thing runs it's course, but it's still highly entertaining for now. Dilapidated boat cannot be stopped and shout outs to George Washington Giraffe and the Spot Monkeys.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Sammo~! said:

I still think Crazzy Steve is the most bush league name for a wrestler of all time. Also two Zs means it should be pronounced as if it rhymes with "snazzy" and not "lazy" but whatever I ended up really liking Decay in their role tonight. This wasn't as good as Final Deletion but a decent follow up. They've probably only got the legs to do one more of these before the whole thing runs it's course, but it's still highly entertaining for now. Dilapidated boat cannot be stopped and shout outs to George Washington Giraffe and the Spot Monkeys.

The last few weeks of Broken Matt calling him "Loco Steve" was cracking me up. I love Decay, great group.

• Like 1

Not much Delete or Decay talk? I thought it was very good but doesn't compare to the awesome Final Deletion match.

Highlights from Delete or Decay: the cameo of the dilapidated boat, Joseph Park and Vanguard 1. I particularly enjoyed Joseph Park's brief return.

I'm not sure about the child services part, but it is interesting that he's participating in this to such a degree.  I wasn't a big fan of that part, but thought the rest of this was great.  I feel this validated my point that Decay need to be in some kind of horror movie, that shit was awesome.  It might not have had the memorable quotes/moments like the first one did, but I loved it.  Really liked Matt calling one of the spot monkeys Nick and Matt, the Bucks of Youth.

• Like 4

Maxel didn't look any worse than and other kid on Halloween night.

Not enough love for Matt finding the true counter for Poison Mist.

Not as absurd as the first one, but still great.  Jeff fighting with the Kangaroo was great.  Kudos to Decay for going as all in over-the-top as the Hardys on this.  

• Like 5

I wasn't as big a fan of this as I am The Final Deletion. That's fine -- it's hard to top. But this one had too many knowing winks to the audience and wasn't played as straight. The reason why the first stuff worked so well was because it was played so straight. In fact, I'm of the opinion that they MEANT for it to be taken straight but then they saw it blow up because of it having an ironic love. But now they're going for it to have some irony/camp to it and sorta forgot why it worked so well in the first place (because it was insane).

The reason why Broken Matt has worked so well is that he's willing to stay in character the whole time with his act. But the direction/tone of the thing was off a bit.

It's still really fun, though.

Decay are so ridiculously bush league but I love it. Playing a whole Manson Teen Family thing in the year 2016 is completely ridiculous. They've thrown themselves into the roles and I'll give them credit for running with a very absurd ball.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Thunderlips said:

Trying to be a bit serious for a moment. Why would you put a young child who doesn't know on what's going on, with a woman who appeared to come from a C- level horror movie? I wouldn't be surprised if the Hardy's didn't hear from child services.

My guess is King Maxel has spent a lot of non-TV time with Rosemary. I do not believe Reby or Broken Matt would put him with Rosemary if they did not trust her or Maxel was uncomfortable with her.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

I'm pretty certain the guy who stopped to pick up Rosemary was taken advantage of.

That is all. (cues Deliverance music)

Really enjoyed Delete or Decay.

I'm positive the guy in the pick up was raped. I'm thinking it was Abyss that did the deed. 

I popped for the return of Joseph Park. I think that was my favorite part. 

• Like 1

I'm intrigued by the Hardy compound lake and it's magical properties that transform guys that work multiple gimmicks. If you threw Ed Leslie in there would he thrash around morphing into Brutus/Bootyman/Zodiac/Dizzy/The Disciple like at the end of T2 when the T1000 was melting?

• Like 8