DVDVR Message Board

The Hardys Not Really Dumpster Fire But Kinda Sad But Kinda Awesome Thread

On 25/07/2016 at 8:06 PM, clintthecrippler said:

One of the writers at the paper I work at spent a day following Jeff Hardy around at Gathering of the Juggalos

Pro Wrestling Gets Wild at Gathering of the Juggalos With WWE Legend Jeff Hardy

"Man, I want to Swanton [a forward flip that's Hardy's finishing move] off the top of the cell, onto the commentary table," says Hardy, who says he wants to end his career in a match with the Undertaker, at WrestleMania, in a "Hell in the Cell" match. "Then, I want to climb the cell, cut the fucking cage, when Taker's back in the ring, and Swanton though the cage, miss, and then Tombstone 1-2-3." Hardy wants to lose to the Undertaker, which is the pro wrestling equivalent to an actor being offered a death scene in a Tarantino movie.  

On 28/07/2016 at 9:20 PM, Playa Shunna Ver 3.0 said:

On 30/07/2016 at 1:38 PM, RIPPA said:

Brilliant. Just brilliant.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Ultimo Necro said:

Senor Benjamin being interviewed by Juventud and sharing lawnmower tips is the greatest opening to Konnan's podcast ever.

Broken Matt then deletes the conversation, worth seeking out for the randomness of it all.

The best part was Juvi asking if Senor Benjamin what he missed most about living in Mexico and the Senor was like "I'm form Puerto Rico". 

• Like 2

The Deletion of the Bucks of Youth promo is an instant classic. 

From now until the gimmick runs its course, all Broken Matt promos need to begin with Vanguard One hacking into a broadcast feed and end with Vanguard One releasing the video and audio transmission.

15 minutes ago, nofuture said:

It'll be a crime If Vanguard doesn't do a fly-in on one of those outdoor baseball indy shows the Hardy's do. 

Oh, fuck.  Now I need for V1 to do a run-in... uh... fly-in and distract a ref with a laser light show while Broken Matt gets a win by handful of tights or international object.

I'd only seen the initial vignette before the Jericho podcast. The TIJ blew me away and I laughed my ass off. Went back and watched everything, and it was fun, but that podcast is spectacular. If he keeps up the backstory and lines like 'Subterranean Lucha' and 'McMaHan', it's on.

Impact was pretty great this week.

"Jeff, youre not an honourable evolved gorilla" and banning Jeff from the top rope.

Jeff vs. Chuck Taylor & JT Dunn.

"Brother Nero Taylor, Brother Nero Dunn, I knew you'd  come" which is pretty great considering Chuck Taylor's recent image rights issues in Chikara.

Matt biting a fans ear off.

Matt somehow winning the match.

all greatness. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I am Inigo Montoya to Broken Matt's Vizzini.  He keeps using the word "ubiquitous" and I am not sure if he knows what that word means.

you-keep-using-that-word.jpg