DVDVR Message Board

Wrestlemania XXXII

Dolfan in NYC

In my fantasy booking of the match Taker wins and Vince keeps control of Raw.

But then the next night on Raw Shane gets control over some other parts of WWE, but you won't like how this plays out, because it involves Linda McMahon.

The show will be fine.  Reigns/HHH, Lesnar/Ambrose, the women's triple threat, Styles/Jericho, and the pending IC match should be good.  Taker/Shane will be overbooked to be entertaining.  As long as the other matches don't completely dry heave, it'll be a solid show.

I agree. I'm actually looking forward to it more than last year's, which turned out to be in my top five favorite 'Mania's of all time, despite looking like crap on paper. 

Taker destroys Shane, then walks out, losing by countout. That will lead to his retirement angle somewhere down the line...

Can you be counted out of a Hell in a Cell?

I mean, what're they gonna do if he just leaves? 

This whole Mania season is like a nightmare for the writers and agents. Like, a literal nightmare.

"It was the road to Wrestlemania but most of the top stars were injured and nobody liked the guy we kept pushing but we hadn't built anyone to take his place and the Undertaker was fighting Shane for some reason and when I got to AT&T Stadium I was naked and all my teeth were falling out."

• Like 4

Here's who I think r gonna be the participants in the ATGMBR: Heath Slater, Damian Sandow, Curtis Axel, Bo Dallas, Adam Rose, Stardust, Mark Henry, R-Truth, Goldust, Eric Rowen, Luke Harper, Braun Strowman, Derek Young, Jack Swagger, Fandango, Konor, Viktor, Diego, Fernando and Kane.

With Mark Henry winning and something along the line of Mark Henry in the ring afterwards with the trophy and Renee Young conducting a brief interview with Henry briefly announcing his retirement. Then the next night on Raw getting a send off.

With Mark Henry winning and something along the line of Mark Henry in the ring afterwards with the trophy and Renee Young conducting a brief interview with Henry briefly announcing his retirement. Then the next night on Raw getting a send off.

Of all the DVDVR posts on this board, this was the DVDVRiest.  And that's even without you making an "air bill" joke or having a surprise Sasha Banks run-in to eliminate him.

It's so......sad that the WM card this year is so underwhelming. I mean, I understand that losing a majority of your roster to injuries puts a huge damper on plans, but the card they put together could've been saved and made so much more interesting with just a few small tweaks.

No reason for the IC match to be multi-man and the US title to be a thrown together Kalisto/Ryback one on one match. Contiuing to push Roman Reigns in the top spot against HHH for the title has proved to be a disaster, but they refuse to change their plans. Ambrose has become the top face over the last few weeks and either inserting him into the title match or making his match with Brock for the title or making the main a 4-way would've gone a long way in making those top matches way more interesting. Shane vs. Taker is a joke, even if the stipulation has an intriguing end-game. Shane should not be in a match with the Undertaker. It really should be Shane vs. HHH. If there were no other alternatives for Taker this year, leave him off the card. Or hell, spend a month building up Mark Henry or bring up somebody from NXT like Corbin or Joe as a rookie trying to make a name for himself right out the gate by taking out a past his prime but still clinging to his past Undertaker......anything would've been better than Shane being a credible threat in this match.

Instead, we have a few interesting undercard matches and two duds of main event matches that just bring the whole thing down. Walking Dead finale is on the same night as Mania, and I'm going to turn off Mania in the middle of the show to watch that instead. There is no way I would've considered turning off Mania at any point in the past, but this year just doesn't feel like Mania.

I'm fine with Mania being a less than stellar show if the booking sets up some interesting things coming out of it. Last year we got a good Mania, but the booking set up the year of shit that followed. Last year they had a chance to make several young stars while this year I'm seeing Ambrose(who doesn't have to win) Sasha, and maybe Zayn as the people who could benefit the most from a great performance. They balked on making Rusev, Roman, and Bray last year so lets see what's in store for the millennials this year.

Here's a question. Will anyone be made at this year's Mania?  Roman Reigns is their guy but I have a hard time thinking a win over Triple H in front of a crowd who is supporting Triple H is going to MAKE him. 

Maybe if AJ and Jericho tear the house down it'll go a long ways into having AJ be the next Bryan/Punk/Benoit guy. 

So here is my question everyone is dead set on Roman winning because the WWE always 'sends' the fans home happy after Raw. But if we also all believe the crowed is going to be 100% behind Hunter...why not just have Hunter win?

It would be pretty damn hilarious to see Triple H get the fireworks and confetti. Probably better than some drunk fans pelting the ring with cups and beer bottles at Roman.

So here is my question everyone is dead set on Roman winning because the WWE always 'sends' the fans home happy after Raw. But if we also all believe the crowed is going to be 100% behind Hunter...why not just have Hunter win?

Because why keep Reigns after that?  They'd just about have to can him. He'd be deader than Fandango/Damien Sandow combined, and would have been buried by one Hunter Hearst Helmsley.  People are already assuming that's what is happening anyway.  Despite current popular belief, HHH is still seen in that light by many.

Here's a question. Will anyone be made at this year's Mania?  Roman Reigns is their guy but I have a hard time thinking a win over Triple H in front of a crowd who is supporting Triple H is going to MAKE him. 

Maybe if AJ and Jericho tear the house down it'll go a long ways into having AJ be the next Bryan/Punk/Benoit guy. 

Perhaps Zayn or Owens, as well. Although, I think KO is already well on his way to being made. 

RE:Reigns- I never understood the hatred towards him from hardcore smarks. He got huge pops in The Shield, especially during his 2014 Royal Rumble performance. But after he came back from an injury, everyone seemed to turn against him because it was reported on "news" sites, that he was chosen to headline WM31. From there, the snowball effect was ridiculous until he became the most divisive guy on the WWE roster. 

I'll say it:

The Rock

I think like 3 other people already said it :-)

That being said - I have no idea how they would spin that thanks to New Day's last interaction with the Rock

But this is also the WWE and they clearly don't feel the need to explain things

WWE thinks if they go a few weeks without mentioning something, the audience will forget all about it. 

They've spent two years setting up for Roman to have a "WWE moment" and be crowned as a top guy.  I don't see them altering that plan now.  If they were that tuned into fan sentiment, Roman's push would have been abandoned long ago.

Here's a question. Will anyone be made at this year's Mania? Roman Reigns is their guy but I have a hard time thinking a win over Triple H in front of a crowd who is supporting Triple H is going to MAKE him.

Perhaps Zayn or Owens, as well. Although, I think KO is already well on his way to being made.

RE:Reigns- I never understood the hatred towards him from hardcore smarks. He got huge pops in The Shield, especially during his 2014 Royal Rumble performance. But after he came back from an injury, everyone seemed to turn against him because it was reported on "news" sites, that he was chosen to headline WM31. From there, the snowball effect was ridiculous until he became the most divisive guy on the WWE roster.

The hatred is mostly meta.

The story is that the authority (wwe corporate) doesn't want Reigns as their guy.

WWE corporate does in fact want Reigns as their guy and the hardcore smarks take umbrage that the WWE has the nerve to tell such a false story when they, the hardcore smarks know what corporate wants and they refuse to get behind a corporate golden boy. Then you add in shit like Papa H of nXt which the hardcore smarks love. Combine with Roman not being perceived as a good promo because they have written him like ass. His in ring not being as strong as the indie darlings the smarks would rather be worked over and the misunderstanding of the house show audience vs the TV taping audience and you get the shit show that is Roman's 2016 mania season.

I think some of these people still feel "cheated" with what happened to Bryan and hating the new hand-picked guy is the cool thing.. plus, there's a generation that grew up booing Cena for similar reasons.

If Hunter does win, will there be outrage and "2003" and "burial" chatter?

• Like 1