DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown Spoilers for 2/4/16

victor

THE CALF CRUSHER! How random.

Is it wrong that Lawler's current role has me wishing for Dolph to drop some more elbows on him? Asking for a friend.

It was the Calf Killer, but #TVPG and all that.

Could've sworn it was the Calf Slicer...

Hey, SD was pretty good! Except Lawler. Wow, he's just so bad... Mauro is awesome though, so that helps balance shit out.

I also loved Dean's backstage interview with Renee. Although, he basically described that he has an open relationship with Roman.

Psycho Miz in that promo was pretty good. 

I came in right before the show was over, and had to mute the sound because Heel Lawler was so irritating. It almost makes you pine for his antiquated jokes. Eventually I just decided to wait for the NBC Universo broadcast and changed the channel. 

I'd like to see Miz as a manager who rarely wrestles, as it would play to his strength. He has the excuse of not wanting to damage his money maker and getting a shot in on Miz would then be a big deal. The only times I've loathed him are when he was headlining or being super serious tough guy.

My first time turning around on him was after winning the title when he cut a promo basically saying how everyone always treated him as a joke (and maybe even referenced JBL/locker room stuff), but he kept busting his ass and he finally proved himself and now everyone had to take him seriously.

Obviously, creative didn't get that memo, but still... it was a good promo.

• Like 1

My first time turning around on him was after winning the title when he cut a promo basically saying how everyone always treated him as a joke (and maybe even referenced JBL/locker room stuff), but he kept busting his ass and he finally proved himself and now everyone had to take him seriously.

Obviously, creative didn't get that memo, but still... it was a good promo.

That was after he won the US Title, started at the door of the locker room and worked his way to the ring. An all time great promo.

Midcard douchebag Miz is great.

One of my all-time favorite promos. Miz explained his motivations. I loved how it went from him talking in general about his treatment to singularly about his in-ring opponent when he entered the arena proper.

A shocking amount of people have had their best work while partnering with Mix. Riley was a really good stooge and looked like a star when he turned. R-Truth's best work came when he was with Miz. Sandow got over huge doing his method acting bit.

Miz sucks as a face but is a great douche heel.

Miz was such a missed upportunity.  The only thing he was missing to be truly great was a devastating easy-to-hit finisher that he can hit out of anywhere.  As a sneaky weakling, he could never beat people up, but with his personality if they had just let him use the Stunner or something like that so that no matter how much he was out-wrestled or out-muscled he still always snuck out a win, he could have been one of the best heels in history.  Having guys like Cena ourwork him only to fall prey to his cheap finisher would have made chasing him a big deal.

The finisher he has takes way too long to set up and the guy has to be already beat up a bit and so it never makes sense that he can even do it to someone bigger or better.

• Like 1