DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2016 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

If the baseline is so low as "he was still suplexing guys" then you might as well say the Kurt Angle of 2010 was the same worker as the Kurt Angle of 2000/2001 as well.

Scott's athleticism and explosiveness had long since vanished by the time he WCW champion. Replaced with bulk and clubbing forearms. 

Don't forget the freaks!

I am more chuckling that PWI said he worked Big E but WON said it was the Lucha Dragons over the Matadores

If the later is true - talk about a "Hmm... we really don't know what the fuck to do with these guys despite making one a champ"

Looks like Sin Cara is back from his injury as he wrestled Big E at the San Jose show last night.

Poor going to be lost in the shuffle fella...

The League of Nations needs some reserves right now...

I'd love to see this, simply to see if they would bother to try to explain why Hunico is being unmasked as Sin Cara a second time when the inevitable Mask vs. Mask match happens.

He was working the same style, throwing guys around the ring. But he could not do the Frankensteiner by 99.

He was also a smarter worker by that point.

I remember him doing a top rope version in very late WCW or TNA.

here's one from 2007 (!)

Yeah he used the top rope one on special occasions. He also used one on the Dudleys in TNA.

I like to remind people that Scott said, I'm the middle of a promo, "if you make me rice, I'll make ya scream twice." It just kinda came out of nowhere. Like, what a fucking giver that guy is.

• Like 5

Everyone wanted to push Steiner prior to the Big Poppa Pump thing - Flair wanted to give him the title in 91 and he turned it down, Watts gave him the TV title and wanted to push him but he balked at pay, Vince wanted to push him to the moon in 94 starting with KOTR but he turned it down. All of it was out of loyality to Rick I guess... plus I'm pretty sure half those examples are Scott Keith Conjecture™

What's really crazy to me is that Scott was clearly a main event heel like...2 months into Big Poppa Pump. Yet it was over 2 years later before they actually put the title on him. Then again, this is the same company that had the ultra hot DDP, and put the title on him a year and a half too late...as a heel for no reason. And gave him an extremely shitty one month reign where he needed help to win every match, then immediately put him in the tag division.