DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2016 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Yes. When Hogan did his "retirement" and POTUS stuff, Scott was put in charge of the black and white. Then after both sides reunited, Scott would get promo time along with Hogan and Nash every week. Then the nWo fizzled out because somehow Hogan and Nash were turned face by the crowd, and Scott was stuck in the mid card for the rest of 1999. And even in the New Blood, he still wasn't the main guy, had a quasi-face turn for a few weeks, then went full heel again and won the title in November. Of 2000. After turning heel originally in February of 1998.

Bryan will be on RAW (it's in Seattle so it makes sense)

Which is also interesting since he apparently tried to give notice.  

http://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2016/2/7/10933982/wwe-recently-blocked-daniel-bryan-from-giving-notice?utm_campaign=cagesideseats&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

Bryan will be on RAW (it's in Seattle so it makes sense)

Which is also interesting since he apparently tried to give notice.

http://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2016/2/7/10933982/wwe-recently-blocked-daniel-bryan-from-giving-notice?utm_campaign=cagesideseats&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

#lolindependentcontractors
  • Like 1

I kinda hate myself for taking so long to get in on Lucha Underground(like a year late).  I'm like that Jim Gaffigan bit about him watching HEAT 10 years after the fact but wanting to talk about it now.  I'll see something amazing and be like "I gotta talk about it", but then realize everyone is 3 episodes into season 2.

• Like 2

I feel like I should go off the grid for the next forty-eight hours or so.

No one, not one single person, is begging for Patrick B's take on Daniel Bryan. Every time, and I mean every single time Daniel Bryan is mentioned, you chime in like Eeyore and no one cares. No one. That you continue to do this is confounding. I don't understand it at all. You have even sent me PMs about Daniel Bryan and I have no idea why. You appear to have a view or perception of how the Daniel Bryan discussion goes and it's not accurate at all. If you could maybe enlighten us just why you always make this type of comment, then maybe that would help, but otherwise, stop. It makes no sense.

• Like 2

I could make the same comment about you yelling at Patrick for making the comment

Maybe I need to stop be so subtle on my requests for people to use the ignore feature

EDIT - That was obviously to Craig not Random

Edited by RIPPA
  • Like 3

I could make the same comment about you yelling at Patrick for making the comment

Maybe I need to stop be so subtle on my requests for people to use the ignore feature

EDIT - That was obviously to Craig not Random

I'm not yelling at him, I'm legit confused as to his comments about Daniel Bryan in these threads and in PMs because they don't make sense and he doesn't ever explain where he's coming from. There's no sense in ignoring Patrick because I like or am indifferent about other things he has to say, but about Daniel Bryan, I, and I know for fact others too, have no clue what the deal is.

EDIT: And further, I don't know Patrick, but I've seen him make comments in the fitness thread and elsewhere about how he usually feels, and if that's part of it, then that's something else entirely and I apologize because those types of feelings can bleed into everything.

Everyone wanted to push Steiner prior to the Big Poppa Pump thing - Flair wanted to give him the title in 91 and he turned it down, Watts gave him the TV title and wanted to push him but he balked at pay, Vince wanted to push him to the moon in 94 starting with KOTR but he turned it down. All of it was out of loyality to Rick I guess... plus I'm pretty sure half those examples are Scott Keith Conjecture™

Flair confirmed wanting to lose the title to Steiner. Watts said he wanted to push him as a heel since he knew he was a psycho.

I apologize.

Discussing him is like discussing Cena, Reigns, or the Bellas:  There's zero point and it only leads to an argument.

I don't think you need to apologize. I do feel that thought process makes no sense. Why discuss anything because with that mindset, literally anything would lead to an argument? Daniel Bryan, Cena, Reigns and the Bellas all have been discussed on here in every way imaginable, well, nearly every way, the Bellas even more so because of Total Divas talk, and it's not as if everything erupts into an argument.

I gotta say, I'm not feeling particularly sympathetic towards Bryan's contract situation.  Why should the WWE release him from that contract?  Legally, they don't have to.

The conditions for termination of a WWE contract are obviously unfair - basically, Vince can terminate you on a whim, you can't quit unless the company agrees and lets you out of the contract - but Bryan signed the contract willingly.  Maybe he didn't read it carefully or have a lawyer review it, but that would be entirely on him then,

Right, nothing is forcing WWE to release DB, so why do it?

I did some googling though, and couldn't find much, but what was the situation with Brock on his first go with the company? Was his contract up after WM 20 and he sued to get out of the no-compete clause, or was he still under contract and he sued to get out of it to work elsewhere? I guess my bigger question would be what changes were made to WWE contracts after that, if any changes were made at all.

So while WWE shouldn't have to release DB, if you're DB and you want out, is there a way to sue the company to get out of it?

To be fair, WWE didn't invoke the "Your contract rolls over your injury time" until Rey tried to leave.

Brock's situation was the non-compete clause. He could go on to other sports like football, but nothing WWE conceived as "competition" (i.e. another wrestling promotion, UFC)