DVDVR Message Board

2016 LUCHA UNDERGROUND DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Since I watch this show with my 6 year-old daughter (and geez El Rey, do you have to show commercials for gory movies EVERY SINGLE BREAK) she was especially happy to see both an extended vignette with Sexy Star ("Marty the Moth looks fat.  Was he this fat before?") and a vignette introducing a new luchadora.  I think Kobra Moon is supposed to be a cat burglar or something?  I thought this vignette was a bit weak compared to some of the others they'd done introducing new talent, but I like her look.  No idea if she's any good in the ring of course, but it would be nice to have another decent female worker in the company, Ivelisse can't carry all that burden herself.

No worries on Kobra Moon. She's pretty good.

I'm surprised anyone mistook her for Cheerleader Melissa. Totally different looks/builds. 

http://segundacaida.blogspot.com/2016/02/lucha-underground-season-2-episode-2.html

I thought the episode was decent enough, Phil thought it was one of their worst. Agree that this is the best Killshot and the Disciples have looked (Killshot still looks plenty dodgy though). Darewolf is one of the worst nicknames I've ever heard, but I did enjoy Vampiro incredulously asking what a Darewolf was. 

Plus, I'm pretty sure that there are fourth, fifth or more generation Mexicans in LA. Why would he necessarily have an accent at all?

Just say he moved to Boyle Heights and used to live in the Latino section of Paducah, KY.  Problem solved.

PJ should team with Paul London.

(aaaawoooooo Darewolves of London)

I'm so sorry

• Like 6

Dear El Rey Network.

GET A FUCKING POSTER OF THIS SEASON'S SPLASH LOGO ON YOUR FUCKING MERCH WEBSITE SO I CAN BUY ONE AND HAVE IT FRAMED~!

lucha-underground-2-yt.jpg

FUCK~!

Love,

J.T.

And Holy Shit, but if you ever told me that Ricky Banderas would be in two of the matches I'd be considering for 2015 MOTY, I'd have said you were smoking crack. 

How the fuck did Judas Messias in a mask become one of the best workers on Planet Earth?

They've been giving us that poster for free at like every taping.   It's only like 12x18 or something though.  Mine is on my cubicle wall at work

ISSUE TWO OF THE COMIC IS OUT

http://comicbook.com/2016/02/10/exclusive-read-the-second-issue-of-the-lucha-underground-comic-h/

AN ONSCREEN CHARACTER FROM SEASON ONE DIES

They've been giving us that poster for free at like every taping. It's only like 12x18 or something though. Mine is on my cubicle wall at work

ISSUE TWO OF THE COMIC IS OUT

http://comicbook.com/2016/02/10/exclusive-read-the-second-issue-of-the-lucha-underground-comic-h/

AN ONSCREEN CHARACTER FROM SEASON ONE DIES

If only the Diciples were half as cool on the show as they are in the comic.

Joey Ryan.

If it wasn't for the fact that they taped that scene months ago, I would have said it was 100% trolling on Cornette.  Instead it was an awesome coincidence.  

If only someone could have told them about Dick Justice.  Come on all cop shows has a fat guy in it

I always told you guys Aero Star was way ahead of his time with the spots he innovates. Now you know why!

Great episode. The secret skits at the end just keep getting better and better. We could literally end up going another 3 episodes before we even see Dario again.

Fenix/Fantasma was so great. Even the "they do too much" crowd could appreciate how they ended the match after the first big bump.

So both Konnan & Big Ryck were found out to have been murdered this week. Rough times for Lucha Underground.

PUMA VS PENTAGON JR. NEXT WEDNESDAY. OH MY.

So both Konnan & Big Ryck were found out to have been murdered this week. Rough times for Lucha Underground.

Katrina mentioned Konnan's death and Captain Vazquez talked about Bael, but I didn't hear any talk about Big Ryck's death. Did I miss it?

Cortez Castro and Joey Ryan. Greatest buddy cop action/comedy duo ever.