DVDVR Message Board

Your Powerball jackpot plans...

Pete

Make everyone in my family, my wife's family, and all our close friends millionaires. Build a dream house. Buy all the things I've wanted but been too poor to buy. Keep enough to ensure I can live high and mighty and leave our son set when we are gone. Use the rest to try and make the world less shitty.

Also as to work I like a lot of people I work with but fuck a two week notice. I'll be a ghost the day that ticket hits. They'd figure it out.

If totally buy the Barbara Gordon clocktower apartment. And build a dream home here in mid Michigan. And give away shit tons of cash.

Then me and JT would actually start DVDVR Films.

I assume you cut a giant check to Joss to make something.

• Like 1

I'd make sure all my families and their kids and their kids kids never have to worry about money ever again.

I'd donate a shit ton to charities as well that are close to me - kids hospitals, cancer hospitals and dog sanctuaries.

That Brooklyn apartment is nice and all - I'd be buying this place for myself. I'd never have to buy Blue Jays tickets again - unless the roof is closed. I'll just watch the games from my hot tub on my patio terrace.

NmvArX6.jpg

I'd have a winter place in the Bahamas

I'd also play the top 100 golf courses in the world over the period of a year

• Like 2

Pay off my debt.

Pay off my girlfriend's student loan debt.

Set aside money for my daughter with a number of provisions.

Buy power armor leg type things for my mom so I don't have to worry about her falling when her legs give out.

Get my masters to complete that and to set an example for my daughter.

Buy a craftsman style home with an unfinished basement so I can finish it on my own as a project, solar panels, geothermal heating and a large space for a garden to live as much off the grid as possible.

Get married...again...and hope it goes better this time.

Get a lake house.

Buy a 2016 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat with the matte black paint job so it looks dusty and mean as hell.

Buy a Tesla Model X.

Buy a pair of Nike Air Mags.

Buy my girlfriend and daughter whatever they wanted.

Donate large sums of money to AIDS and Parkinsons research.

That's just what I could think of off the top of my head. Just some practical and fun stuff.

Pay off my debt.

Pay off my girlfriend's student loan debt.

Set aside money for my daughter with a number of provisions.

Buy power armor leg type things for my mom so I don't have to worry about her falling when her legs give out.

Get my masters to complete that and to set an example for my daughter.

Buy a craftsman style home with an unfinished basement so I can finish it on my own as a project, solar panels, geothermal heating and a large space for a garden to live as much off the grid as possible.

Get married...again...and hope it goes better this time.

Get a lake house.

Buy a 2016 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat with the matte black paint job so it looks dusty and mean as hell.

Buy a Tesla Model X.

Buy a pair of Nike Air Mags.

Buy my girlfriend and daughter whatever they wanted.

Donate large sums of money to AIDS and Parkinsons research.

That's just what I could think of off the top of my head. Just some practical and fun stuff.

That uses up about 4% of it, you have to think bigger. Like the moon...

I had a whole long post written or about how I'd travel the world to experience life in different parts of it but then I hit the back button on my phone and lost it so fuck it, I'm with that one dude on that local news video that gave no fucks. Hookers and blow all the way.

Just move to Thailand and open up your own criminal organization called uh Shadatwo to get by Capcom copyright. Also, learn to swap your soul into other bodies, you have the money, you can find that tech I'm sure. If you find any 7'4" muay thai fighters, hire them.

• Like 1

As a single man, I would not tell anyone other then immediate family, stay in my same house, and never worry about money again. I might go to a community college and try to get a degree in something I'd like to spend my life working on. I'd make some very solid donations to charity I've worked for in the last few years. 

This feels like a really basic answer, but I like my peace and quiet and don't want a big house.

• Like 3

For a realistic answer, I would help out anyone in my vast extended family(120+) that has any financial difficulties. Save about 10 million for myself(I could live on that so easily til the day I die it's almost hilarious) and donate literally every remaining cent to the most worthwhile charitable foundations and no, not start one myself as some kind of tax dodge.

And in the UK there's a 13 time rollover of £57million (I think it's $100m approx)

So, with that...

Debts (mortgage, bills, student loans etc) paid for me, family and extended family. Got a list of about 20 people.

buy house in each continent. Just so we can decide where we want to go.

Buy a stake in the NINERS, Liverpool and Luton Town.

Build a field hockey centre in Luton so that LTHC dont have to worry about chopping and changing places ever again. Three astro pitches, clubhouse, gym - the lot.

I also promised two of my ex colleagues that I'd pay for their kids to go through uni if I won, and vice versa. So I guess I have to hold that part of the bargain up...

And then live off the interest of the rest of it.

Tell no one
Buy some New Balance 574s.

Get like two nice suits (both black, one w/ emerald and one with orange)

Become a licensed therapist.

Get a personal trainer to help me shed weight and then get a little personal gym (nothing dramatic- barbell and weights, squat rack with pull up bar, chest dip station. Picking stuff up and climbing. All you really need.)
Build a house with a makeshift stage and a makeshift studio.

Never live in fear of hunger or illness.

Help my friends freely as much as I want to.

Maybe find a partner, maybe don't. 

an explainer: I have three daily goals and one lifetime goal. Daily: Make music, help people, move freely (so anything I do towards those goals in a day means I had a good day). Lifetime goal: own a house my friends can find shelter in and throw some house shows there. I don't really have interest in anything else.

EDIT: Oh, and a Replica Jonathan Papelbon or Darin Ruf Home Alt Jersey. 

If totally buy the Barbara Gordon clocktower apartment. And build a dream home here in mid Michigan. And give away shit tons of cash.

We will see if Phil Rippa can actually throw a dropkick.

• Like 3

Boring stuff, like paying off my debts and my parents' debts. Then buying the best gaming rig I can find. Fixing up the house, donating to several Kickstarters and Patreons, renting a movie theater to catch up on some recent movies.

We will see if Phil Rippa can actually throw a dropkick.

Well, Dean would be the first guy to tell you he can do a Ric Flair kneedrop in a shoot fight.

I would keep doing radio...from my new studio...in my hundred year old farm house.

I'd stay in Idaho, mainly to be the ridiculously rich "liberal media asshole" that fucks with the local GOP monopoly because I can.

Oh, and guitars.. Good god almighty, would I have tons of new guitars...

• Like 2

I'd pay off all debts, all my loved ones debts, set up college funds for my nephews and niece, and make sure my old man and step mom are set with whatever they need. Then get a place up in the mountains here in Colorado and a place in Key West with a boat. I'll be the homeless looking beach bum who is secretly rich.