DVDVR Message Board

2016 NXT GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

18 minutes ago, Vader does my taxes! said:

I'm trying to imagine what an Asuka/Eva Marie match will possibly look like....

This may take a while.  I can't imagine Asuka selling for Eva Marie and Asuka's offense seems a little stiff for someone at Eva Marie's level.  I didn't really believe they'd ever try to run this match.

I'm strangely interested in that ARiley-Drifter match.

I posted a Youtube video of an Asuka/Eva house show match a few pages back.

It's...not pretty.  Eva is so bad, if you didn't know any better, you'd think Asuka was bad, too.

1 hour ago, (BP) said:

I wonder if Ric will get in Charlotte's ear about great workers being able to carry bad opponents.

"Eva, tonight you're Ricky Steamboat!" 

Using this logic, Eva is George South.

Eva is no George South. Shit, Eva isn't even a Mulkey...

1 hour ago, Gorman said:

I'm still trying to get over the irony of a guy nicknamed "The Lone Wolf" teaming with anybody.

Lenny on Laverne and Shirley set that precedent.  Baron needs the big L on his shoulder.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RIPPA said:

The WWE Instagram account posted a photo of the 4 staples Nak got in the back of his head

Nak is a beast.  He responds to that with a tweet that just says "I'm okay."

I haven't read the spoilers from the tapings, but I assumed he has a heel turn coming up.  In Charlotte, err... Concord, he was the first one introduced for the main and had a brief heel promo where he said the show had been a 4 so far and he blamed the crowd for that.  He teased jumping Nakamura during his entrance and also got heat for holding up a 2 for Nakamura before things started.

You can see how much they value Tye based on him being Sami's first opponent back, as well as Shinsuke's main opponent on his first loop.  I wouldn't be shocked if he was in the Tyler Breeze/Jason Jordan role of long time vet makes good role in the next season of Breaking Ground.

Might've said this before, but I really liked Dillinger's work in OVW. Went from babyface tag champ with Cody Rhodes to one of their top heels with what seemed like ease. Great at getting heel heat in studio and house shows.

WWE could've used him better during his time as Gavin Spears, and I'm legit glad to see him working in NXT.

23 hours ago, JonnyLaw said:

You can see how much they value Tye based on him being Sami's first opponent back, as well as Shinsuke's main opponent on his first loop.  I wouldn't be shocked if he was in the Tyler Breeze/Jason Jordan role of long time vet makes good role in the next season of Breaking Ground.

I know Kevin Owens said that Dillinger was huge in helping him make the transition to WWE.