DVDVR Message Board

2016 NXT GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

I just got my tickets for Seattle and I am overjoyed. Bringing my sister, a longtime wrestling fan, and my wife, who just loves the Paramount and enjoys Bayley. This will be incredibly fun. 

• Like 2

Damn, I wish I caught on to the lame pre-sale code earlier. Only could find three seats together for the Seattle show in the worst section. Buuuuuuut fuggit! I'm going to NXT BAYBAY! Now to pray that Nakamura is there.

• Like 1

It actually sounds pretty neat. We're in this mini side section on the main floor. 3 seats for the 3 of us and a space between the rest of the isle. Looks a beautiful venue. I'm heck of excited. I will probably have a joygasm if I get to experience Nakamura's entrance live. 

Sombra/Andrade has been doing the Florida circuit for house shows, right? It would be system overload if I got Swagsuke AND Sombra (AND Busick?!). 

4 minutes ago, nofuture said:

Andrade wrestled Aries tonight in Concord, NC so it looks like he might have been promoted to the touring shows.

That gets one shake of the crime stick! And a massive wrestling erection...

35 minutes ago, nofuture said:

Andrade wrestled Aries tonight in Concord, NC so it looks like he might have been promoted to the touring shows.

Manny got over pretty big in the match, even though it seemed clear most people had no idea who he was.  Some guy near me tried to start a "Who are you" chant.  By the end, Aries left the ring to give Manny the spotlight.

Tye Dillenger won me over tonight.  Some good heeling/stooging, along with dueling Flair spots with Finn.

Drifter and Eva Marie are two people who are noticeably better on house shows.  I came away actually kinda maybe liking Drifter after tonight.  His routine works so much better for live crowds, and he got good heat.  Eva actually looked like someone who's had more than 3 matches in her life.

Sombra was great, and managed to drag Aries to a fun match.

"No Way Jose" put the biggest smile on my face.  The music is catchy af, and I love that he's just the same dude he's always been.  He's gonna be a cult favorite once he's on tv.

Finn Balor working 1/4 of the match as Ric Flair has to be seen to be believed.  Like @JonnyLaw I came away with a new appreciation of Dillenger.  Dude really carried the main event.  Corbin brought the tremendous banter, and Nakamura is still the most charismatic worker I've ever seen in person.

People in my section cheered Aries because they recognized him from TNA, but by the end of the match the talk was how Aries was boring and How Andrade was awesome.

Drifter came across really well. He has the same old school, give them nothing to like vibe that Corey Graves had and the Revival has now. 

Also hearing Corbin bicker with the crowd was aces. 

Well - it's more a matter that they are doing it at all

I mean there wasn't exactly a flood of tweets going "Hey! This Hideo Itami guy is the real deal!" (For example)

Tonight at NXT columbia

Shinsuke vs Manny

@mannyandradewwe Today #nxtcolumbia #nxtwwe recordar viejos tiempo. Enfrentando a NAKAMURA.. @ The Township… instagram.com/p/BD889uxFnHn/

Weird: the youtube match i posted isnt here anymore.

I'm trying to imagine what an Asuka/Eva Marie match will possibly look like....

This may take a while.  I can't imagine Asuka selling for Eva Marie and Asuka's offense seems a little stiff for someone at Eva Marie's level.  I didn't really believe they'd ever try to run this match.

I'm strangely interested in that ARiley-Drifter match.