DVDVR Message Board

2016 NXT GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

I thought it was strange that they mentioned that Joe was facing Balor at this show on this weeks TV. They announce dates and locations but never matches so it stuck out and now I know why.

Yeah - Meltzer is assuming they are going to show stuff from the Lowell show for NXT this week instead of the remaining taped matches they have..

But they also are not trying to hide the fact that it happened

Very weird that they would do it this way.

Maybe Joe was originally supposed to debut on Raw after Mania and they switched it last minute with Corbin or Crews?

Maybe Vince was pissed off about Joe bleeding in the NXT title match? You never know with that guy.

8 hours ago, Michael Sweetser said:

That's how you get interest in house shows. 

Man, NXT champ Samoa Joe *AND* Nakamura.  NXT Seattle is gonna be off the hook, Maggle.

I wasn't aware house show interest was a concern, seeing how fast those suckers usually sell out.

• Like 1

So assuming Balor's getting called up along with the other recent call ups, NXT really needs to reload it's talent.  On the face side, they only really have Aries and Nakamura as your next challengers.  Hopefully this means Manny is close to debuting and Itami is ready to come back. 

36 minutes ago, nofuture said:

So assuming Balor's getting called up along with the other recent call ups, NXT really needs to reload it's talent.  On the face side, they only really have Aries and Nakamura as your next challengers.  Hopefully this means Manny is close to debuting and Itami is ready to come back. 

If there's one thing NXT really doesn't need, it's a talent reload.  

The win that Joe should've gotten on a PPV he gets in a house show that may or may not carry over to television.  I am bummed.

I would start programs with Aries or Otami and keep the belt on Joe for at least 90 days if not 6 months..

I wouldn't put Nak in the mix so soon.  Either Nak jobs in a title defense and you kill the buzz or Joe jobs and you cut the legs out of his title reign.

So, does Finn getting called up mean he doesn't finish his NXT bookings? My 11 year old daughter is gonna be pissed if she doesn't see him. I'm afraid of pissed off 11 year olds. Everyone should be.

• Like 1

I guess I'll be guy excited for Finn likely debuting on the MR.  I'm going to Raw in late May and would be over the moon ecstatic if I see Finn and some semblance of the Bullet Club.  That'd be weird as weird can get, but damnit I'd lose my mind.

And very happy for Joe, so glad he's returned to form and gets a chance at the top spot.

Logically, I get (and endorse) the idea of having Joe reign for a year and building up an Andrade or someone to defeat him.

My guess is that he holds it for four months and then gets beat by Nakamura in Brooklyn.

The pure, illogical fan in me wants that second one to happen much more than that first one. 

• Like 1

I don't think they have any long term plans for Nakamura in NXT.  Regal has said he's in NXT now as an adjustment period from moving to the US/getting use to the WWE tour schedule.  I'd imagine he gets called up sometime between Summerslam and Survivor Series.