DVDVR Message Board

2016 TNA General Thread

On 10/31/2016 at 2:17 PM, RIPPA said:

There's ya go

@Ace it appears that the 1.8 million is due tomorrow. The rest is later.

As it turns out, the 1.8 mil is correct. Reports from last week made it sound like it was 1.8 per taping.

7 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Al Snow announced that his wrestling school is now TNA's "Global Development Center"

Only works if his dojo is renamed the GlobalDome and he convinces two of his students to have a bungee match.

• Like 6

In Britain, Kodi has really taken off and so that might have pushed ratings down a bit. Smackdown and NXT have both really encroached on TNA's status of alternative product. And the matches haven't been good enough often enough recently.

I could see one of the UK feds like RPW/WCPW maybe doing TV for Challenge. I dunno, maybe I am underestimating the production costs.....

3 minutes ago, Michael Sweetser said:

For the cost of that sign, they could have probably actually paid a few of the workers on time.

This. Alternative, starve 'em so they pay their dues.....they've done that already as it's bloody TNA.

• Like 2

Naming it the Impact Global Development Center is a joke obviously, but I don't think this is school is that bad. Al Snow isn't the only trainer there, they also have Doug Williams, Bad Bones John Klinger, Joe E. Legend and a few other wrestlers with a lot of experience.

SURPRISE~! Another vendor TNA dicked over would like their money

http://www.sescoops.com/exclusive-tna-owes-yet-another-debt-this-time-to-merchandise-designerimporter/

The plaintiff/creditor, Fraley International, says on its website that it “provides expert resourcing and trading solutions for all of your importing/exporting needs.” In the complaint, it’s explained that “TNA has contracted at various times with Fraley for Fraley to design and order various merchandise for TNA, including, but not limited to, t-shirts, cups, and sunglasses.” They design, source, and order the merchandise, having it shipped directly to TNA from foreign suppliers, fronting all costs and not being reimbursed at all until TNA pays them after receiving the order.

This arrangement went south starting in September 2015, when TNA stopped paying Fraley. This went on for 23 different orders until the relationship completely fell apart after TNA never paid for a December 22nd, 2015 order. Farley insists that “TNA accepted the merchandise without objection or complaint” plus “the merchandise was in good working order and was consistent with TNA’s order.”

All told, TNA owes a total of $43,348.70. Nothing has been filed in the case since July 19th, when TNA’s attorneys filed their notices of appearance. That’s the procedure for when a lawyer puts him/herself on down as an attorney of record on a given case, and there’s been no official movement since TNA’s lawyers filed their respective notices.

11 hours ago, JohnnyJ said:

14910457_1777935119132244_547622176110072523_n.jpg?oh=97b96a14d0adad97560192de8ad66996&oe=58D3FB5D

Is that Mahabali Shera on the left?

I don't know why the name change. Arguably "I was trained by Al Snow" is a better introductory statement than "I trained at the Impact Training Facility".

• Like 1

Announce Credit Relationship

Toronto, Canada (November 3, 2016) – Anthem Sports & Entertainment Corp. and Impact Ventures, parent company of TNA Impact Wrestling, today announced that Anthem has provided a credit facility to TNA to fund operations.

Anthem Sports & Entertainment Corp. is a global sports media company that operates Fight Network, Impact Wrestling’s exclusive broadcaster in Canada, as well as the exclusive worldwide digital streaming partner for all TNA programming. It is also an equity stakeholder of Impact Ventures.

The agreement includes the appointment of Anthem Executive Vice President Ed Nordholm to the Impact Ventures Board of Managers. The company will be managed by the Board with Mr. Nordholm representing the Board on all major operating and restructuring decisions. Dixie Carter will continue as Chair of the Company, as well as her position on the Board of Managers. Billy Corgan is no longer with the company.

“We have had a successful, long-term partnership with Fight Network as our Canadian broadcaster, and more recently as our global digital partner,” said Dixie Carter. “Anthem’s team has extensive media experience, and I am excited to have that available to us as we plan for the future.”

“We have consistently maintained that investing in content as we grow our distribution is important as a strategic necessity, and working more closely with a strong brand like TNA is in line with that. This financing is an extension of the support we have been providing since the beginning of the year,” said Leonard Asper, CEO of Anthem. “There are tremendous opportunities to support the company’s growth on all platforms and in all media along side Dixie and the incredible talent and staff at TNA.”

http://impactwrestling.com/a-new-partnership/