DVDVR Message Board

2016 TNA General Thread

On 11/4/2016 at 4:12 PM, Sammo~! said:

If Billy is this publically pissed off about "fake Cubs fans" and ownership over being a fan of the Chicago Cubs, I can only imagine how pissed he is about something he actually has an ownership stake in.

This feud with Dixie probably wouldn't even crack his top ten. My personal favorite is Billy v. The happiest place on earth. Looks like Billy lost that one too.

http://www.aux.tv/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Corgan-2.jpg

• Like 2

Update from the LAW radio show with Meltzer

- Dave says he knows people in the music industry who know Billy and they say this is who he is. If he doesn't get what he wants - he will make a scene

- Based on what the judge has already said - it is hard to imagine Billy will win full control but he can get 36%. Of course - 36% of TNA is worth what exactly?

- Also - if he is granted 36%, he still has partners who don't want to work with him

- Dave says the have officially breached the India TV deal so who knows what will happen there

Also - per Meltzer

Anthem is saying they will pay Billy IF Billy agrees to not sue

So of course - that isn't what Anthem told the judge

So yeah - this is gonna be good

7 hours ago, RIPPA said:

- Based on what the judge has already said - it is hard to imagine Billy will win full control but he can get 36%. Of course - 36% of TNA is worth what exactly?

Probably way more than what he paid to get him to go away. I could totally see Fight handing Corgan 4 million to just STFU. They've already proven to not be the smartest knife in the drawer.

9 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Billy is being a dick, but if they lied directly to the judge, I'd think they're fucked.

My uncle provided false information to a judge and is doing 6-9 in minimum security as a result. Ah, if only such a thing could happen to anyone (minus the wrestlers) supporting or a part of TNA...

• Like 1

11 hours ago, RIPPA said:

- Dave says he knows people in the music industry who know Billy and they say this is who he is. If he doesn't get what he wants - he will make a scene

I love this part.  It makes it sound like someone promised Corgan he could win the X-Title, then he didn't so he's making a scene!  They owe him million(s?) of dollars and gave him a fraudulent contract!  Is there anyone who wouldn't make a scene in this case?!  "Typical Billy, making a scene when he doesn't get his way over millions of dollars and fraud!"

• Like 3

That's kind of the exception in the big dollar entertainment business though, isn't it? Hollywood superstars get screwed out of their millions by Bernie Madoff or something and they just sign on to make a few bad movies for the paycheck (except Kev Bacon, who makes terrible mobile phone adverts for years instead). Big Rock stars find that the revenue split with their manager or accountant was the 80/20 they thought, but they were getting the 20% all along, and they release a new record and go back on the road.

21 minutes ago, mattdangerously said:

Did TNA come up with the fraudulent contract, or did Corgan?  That's the part that doesn't seem clear to me.

TNA's lawyer claimed that the transfer of ownership provision (penalty) was Corgan's idea and he "forced" TNA's execs to sign it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AxB said:

That's kind of the exception in the big dollar entertainment business though, isn't it? Hollywood superstars get screwed out of their millions by Bernie Madoff or something and they just sign on to make a few bad movies for the paycheck (except Kev Bacon, who makes terrible mobile phone adverts for years instead). Big Rock stars find that the revenue split with their manager or accountant was the 80/20 they thought, but they were getting the 20% all along, and they release a new record and go back on the road.

I think most of those rock stars/movie stars will still try to sue whomever's screwed them over, which is exactly what Corgan is doing.  The idea that he's being vindictive or "causing a scene" because he's trying to get millions of dollars he's owedis ludicrous.

1 hour ago, caley said:

I think most of those rock stars/movie stars will still try to sue whomever's screwed them over, which is exactly what Corgan is doing.  The idea that he's being vindictive or "causing a scene" because he's trying to get millions of dollars he's owedis ludicrous.

There is no question TNA did not pay on time per the terms of the loan. I'm also guessing Corgan was jerked around by TNA. However, prior to suit Corgan was offered back his money. When dealing with a company that is broke, if you can recoup your losses, you grab it and call it a day. You learned your lesson and move on with your life.  The suit was not about simply getting his money back. My take is Corgan sincerely wanted control of TNA, but if he didn't get it he wanted the whole world to know just how big of a clusterf*ck TNA is.  

I hope if/when Corgan gets his money he quickly strikes a deal with Spike TV to start his own promotion on their network. Not to drive TNA out of business, just to get more wrestling on TV. 

So it appears that basically Anthem is looking at TNA similar to how Sinclair views ROH

http://www.sescoops.com/exclusive-new-investment-into-anthem-is-funding-tna-deal-other-expansion-efforts/

Asper also explained the reasoning behind the TNA deal in very broad strokes. “I wanna sort of talk about TNA a little bit, because it really comes back to content,” he began. “And what we’re finding with the distribution as some of you know, is it’s harder and harder to get distribution, it’s harder to get a DirecTV, or even on the web, to get people to view you if you’re just licensing somebody else’s content or doing your own. And just pure talking heads.” The last reference presumably refers to The Fight Network’s original programming being heavy on news and analysis shows shot on their news desk set.

“So what we’re trying to do more of is acquire content, or at least get closer to it, develop relationships with the people who do own the content,” Asper said, “because if we don’t, they’re gonna go direct to the consumer around us.” He also told the staff that “you’ll probably see more of” TNA-esque deals to get content for their platforms.

Also Anthem has told their employees that the need to be careful what they say around their fellow employees because those who work in the new division might be obligated to report it

11 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Also Anthem has told their employees that the need to be careful what they say around their fellow employees because those who work in the new division might be obligated to report it

I'll take it that's a shot at the LAW people who are hip to all this drama because it's part of their job, right?