DVDVR Message Board

2016 TNA General Thread

6 hours ago, Vader does my taxes! said:

Well, yeah, but WWE is also the same company that was supposedly poised to give Lana a monster face push, and Brandi's probably not any worse.

Let's not forget about Eva Marie, active wrestler. Brandi can't be any worse than Eva. 

• Like 1

Brandi Rhodes at least kind of looks like she knows where she's supposed to be for spots.  Has no idea what she's doing when she's there though.

Russo was terrible in a train-wreck kind of way.  Lagana was terrible in a boring kind of way.

Death Crew Council.  Death Group Group.

I hope Ricky Morton hot tags a tree and Robert Gibson falls out of it.

Was planning to put together a proposal to purchase Corgan's stock should he have chosen to convert.  Waited too long to get the funds together though.  Just didn't have anything smaller than a twenty on me.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, BEN! said:

I hope Ricky Morton hot tags a tree and Robert Gibson falls out of it.

I'm not sold on this unless he's being beaten down by the Thunderfoots or Cruel Connection.

Of course I say that knowing that if the DCC gets stopped by the Mulkeys, then Apocalypto gets MOTY.

Remember how when American Express sued TNA for not paying their bill to the tune of $269,049.50, the summons was served to a receptionist at TNA’s old office that they were evicted from months earlier? Well, that’s about to become an issue for TNA: This coming Wednesday, American Express will be in court arguing that they are entitled to a default judgment because TNA has not acknowledged the complaint. A default judgment is exactly what it sounds like, TNA losing by default. TNA has not filed anything in the case since it was fire filed back in July, and thus are currently listed on the court docket as having no legal representation recorded by the court.

Bix's full story

BTW, mentioned this in the appropriate TV episode thread, but did I really hear Josh Matthews say this week that he couldn't remember if Eli Drake had ever challenged for the world title before?!  I rewound it back a couple times and that's what it sounded like which is just baffling since Drake challenged for the WC two weeks ago in kayfabe terms (And it would have been either on the same day or the previous day when they taped it!).  Surely I heard that wrong, right?

1 hour ago, caley said:

BTW, mentioned this in the appropriate TV episode thread, but did I really hear Josh Matthews say this week that he couldn't remember if Eli Drake had ever challenged for the world title before?!  I rewound it back a couple times and that's what it sounded like which is just baffling since Drake challenged for the WC two weeks ago in kayfabe terms (And it would have been either on the same day or the previous day when they taped it!).  Surely I heard that wrong, right?

Isn't it LITERALLY his job to know that kind of shit?

I don't want to pretend I know everything about commentary just from doing it for six months, but would it kill him to work up a quick factsheet before a broadcast?

1 hour ago, Michael Sweetser said:

Isn't it LITERALLY his job to know that kind of shit?

I don't want to pretend I know everything about commentary just from doing it for six months, but would it kill him to work up a quick factsheet before a broadcast?

• Like 5

1 minute ago, JonnyLaw said:

I don't care enough to look for the actual details, but if TNA wasn't served the AmEx complaint properly, that's more of an issue for AmEx than TNA and perfectly explains why they haven't responded.

Bix says in the story that TNA never properly filed a change of address so it actually is their fault that they haven't been properly served

Again - my extend of understanding the law is other arm chair lawyers attempting to explain it

• Like 1

You don't have to be served in person.  Courts prefer it because, properly documented, serving documents in person leaves the defendant no room to claim he/she didn't receive the documents.  You can mail documents, for example, but then you may not have any way to prove the defendant actually received the paperwork and thus knows he is being served/sued/whatever.

There is a thing called "substitute service".  If you can't serve someone by the normal methods - whether because they have moved without leaving a forwarding address or because they simply are managing to avoid you - you can serve then through an alternative method.  For example, if you know what town the defendant lives in (or does business in), you can run an ad in the newspaper and the court will probably accept that.  

TNA still operates out of the same area, right?  They didn't leave the area altogether.  I don't know what other measures AmEx were taken to notify them, but, assuming Dixie and co. are still in the area, I would argue that media coverage would make it difficult for TNA not to be aware of the suit and that should constitute notice.

If Am Ex made good faith efforts to serve TNA, the court will probably side with them.  Not filing a change of address is usually not a good defense against being notified because courts don't want to encourage defendants in this situation to purposely not file change of address, then claim they weren't notified.. 

16 hours ago, caley said:

I rewatched the match but didn't catch where in the match it was said, still find it hilarious though.

18 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Bix says in the story that TNA never properly filed a change of address so it actually is their fault that they haven't been properly served

Again - my extend of understanding the law is other arm chair lawyers attempting to explain it

Pay people late or not at all.  Move without leaving a forwarding address in order to duck out of bills.  Panda conducts itself like a deadbeat dad. 

When things get really bad, Dixie will step out for a pack of smokes and never return.

• Like 2

By Mike Johnson on 2016-11-28 11:16:00
Several weeks after Billy Corgan announced via Twitter that he and TNA had come to a settlement agreement on his issues with TNA, which led to him filing his lawsuit against the company, Dixie Carter and others, the lawsuit remains active within the Chancery Court of Nashville, TN.  So, what happened?

PWInsider.com is told that while both sides came to an agreement in principal, getting that agreement officially signed on paper was a little trickier and there were several delays in that process since Corgan's announcement.  The belief among those we spoke to over the last several days is that the final paperwork has been completed and that everything will be officially settled sometime this week or early next week at the latest.

So, once Billy Corgan is out of their hair, what happens next for TNA?

We have heard from sources that a number of lawyers for Anthem Media have been seen regularly at TNA offices in recent weeks and the belief is that at some point after the Corgan matter has been closed, Anthem will then announce that they have purchased majority ownership in Impact Ventures.  At that point, it should be interesting to see what sort of changes are made to the internal structure of TNA, both from a creative and from a staffing standpoint.  

Based on material Corgan's attorneys uncovered, the initial plan was for Anthem to own 85% of the company, Aeroluxe would own 10% and Dixie Carter would be left with 5%, leaving her in a position to benefit should the company take off at some point but being pretty much out of power when it came to decision-making.   If that agreement holds up, we could also see Jason Brown of Aeroluxe installed at the CEO of Impact Ventures, although the previous announcement made by Anthem and TNA seemed to imply that Anthem's Ed Nordholm would be the one making all decisions going forward.

So, we still have some internal rapids to smooth out for the company before they hit easy waters.

TNA is still slated to film Impact Wrestling episodes the first week of January 2017 at Universal Studios in Orlando, Florida.