DVDVR Message Board

2016 TNA General Thread

On 11/2/2016 at 9:05 AM, JohnnyJ said:

They've invested in neon. That's how you know it's legit. 

14910457_1777935119132244_547622176110072523_n.jpg?oh=97b96a14d0adad97560192de8ad66996&oe=58D3FB5D

I'm surprised they are using the ASWA initials, since there is already a promotion with that name in another part of Ohio. That's where I started, and Chris Harris and (more recently) Sawyer Fulton also came from that group. 

14 minutes ago, Gorman said:

I'm surprised they are using the ASWA initials, since there is already a promotion with that name in another part of Ohio. That's where I started, and Chris Harris and (more recently) Sawyer Fulton also came from that group. 

This isn't in Ohio. This is in England, isn't it?

By Mike Johnson on 2016-11-03 13:55:00
Just as TNA and Anthem Media issued a press release announcing that Anthem was effectively taking control of TNA via a new "credit relationship", a letter to TNA wrestlers and staff was sent by Dixie Carter, telling them that TNA has "concluded agreements" with Anthem for a "funding plan that will stabilize the company."

In the letter Carter stated, "This is excellent news for all out shareholders in that it means, we, as a company, will continue to provide our fans with the best wrestling content on the planet."

In her letter Carter also informed the staff and talent that Billy Corgan was no longer with the company, but provided no context to his exit.  Obviously, given what Billy Corgan stated on Twitter, it's pretty clear to see he was effectively fired from his position as President and as of this writing has yet to be paid back. 

Five minutes ago, the Chancery Court in Nashville confirmed to PWInsider.com that Corgan's previous lawsuit against the company remains open and has not been dismissed.

In today's letter to talent and staff, Carter also stated that there would be changes to the company going forward.  As noted in the press release Anthem and TNA issued, Carter will remain Chair of the company while the Board of Managers will add Anthem's Ed Nordholm as their representative.  Carter praised Nordholm in the letter, stating he was "instrumental" in concluding agreement and the documents, which were signed today. 

Carter stated that Nordholm will represent the Board on all major "operating and restructuring agreements", which in corporate speak, pretty much means that he will be the force driving the company going forward.  Carter appears to be remaining as a figurehead.

PWInsider.com sources have indicated that representatives for Anthem have been in Nashville since Tuesday working on this deal. 

Carter told talents and staff in the letter that the company's organizational structure will otherwise remain the same, which appears to mean that, at least initially, Serg Salinas and Dean Broadhead will also remain on the Board of Managers.

Carter noted that Anthem's other "sports property" ownings will benefit TNA and that Anthem's sales team will support the company in both the TV and digital ad markets.

Carter also stated that Aroluxe Media, described in the letter as "also an equity stakeholder" will continue on as the production team overseeing TNA's shows in 2017.  Carter's letter stated the next set of tapings would be in early January, confirming PWInsider's report several weeks back that they would be taping 1/5/17-1/10/17.

Carter stated that the Board of Managers are continuing to "develop a longer-term business plan" for the company.  Carter stated she is personally excited to have Anthem on board to utilize their experience as TNA plans for the future, noting, "With financial stability, we can focus on executing our near term objectives while planning a measured and thoughtful approach for the future."

Carter also outlined some insight into that "thoughtful approach", stating Fight Network's strategy is to continue "expanding its distribution while developing strong relations with content creators" adding, "It is natural that they are keen to work more closely with us and support the company's growth alongside their own, on all platforms, and in all media."

Carter told talent that both she and Nordholm would be available to them today for any questions as well as on an "ongoing" basis. 

Carter said she wanted to thank everyone personally for "your patience and support through this process" and closed out her letter by stating, "Over the years, we have built TNA and Impact Wrestling to be a very successful, global brand.  You should all be excited for its future and be more determined than ever to work dilligently to take the company to the next level."

For those wondering, TNA wrestlers received their latest scheduled checks earlier this week after they were due last week.

You should all be excited for its future and be more determined than ever to work dilligently to take the company to the next level."

She had the fucking nerve to tell the fucking wrestlers to work harder

• Like 16

On the show, I really enjoyed Billy as an authority figure so that sucks to see him gone just like that. I guess Rockstar Spud will lose his Smashing Pumpkins theme music but I hope it doesn't affect other Corgan influences like Decay's Manson theme.

Meanwhile, the Twitter War continues..

1 hour ago, Rev Ray said:

If Billy still some how gets stock because they were late paying him do they do feuding tag partners angle except in the board room? 

Nah, they'll just roll out a tarp and have a brief rain delay before resuming the litigation.

All I can picture is some 90s alt-rock nerd who follows all of his faves on Twitter seeing this and having no idea what the hell is going on.

My hope is this whole experience inspires Corgan and we can get the Smashing Pumpkins wrestling emo album we didn't know we desperately needed. 

• Like 2