DVDVR Message Board

2016 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

RIPPA

If the Rams move, they will most likely move the Raiders or Chargers to St Louis since the city has passed it's bullshit new stadium thingy.

I'd rather there just not be football here. 8 games of football nobody here gives a shit about doesn't make us revenue.

My favorite thing about how little people give a shit about the Rams. We sold those team based wall calenders at work. We carried Cards, Blues, and Chiefs.

St Louis Raiders is the saddest sounding thing I've ever heard. Except maybe Utah Raiders.

San Antonio Gunslingers... which would be the team name if the Raiders moved there.

If the Rams move, they will most likely move the Raiders or Chargers to St Louis since the city has passed it's bullshit new stadium thingy.

I'd rather there just not be football here. 8 games of football nobody here gives a shit about doesn't make us revenue.

My favorite thing about how little people give a shit about the Rams. We sold those team based wall calenders at work. We carried Cards, Blues, and Chiefs.

St Louis Raiders is the saddest sounding thing I've ever heard. Except maybe Utah Raiders.

San Antonio Gunslingers... which would be the team name if the Raiders moved there.

Snyder would love that... "At least our name doesn't glorify gun violence".

A common theory I am seeing is that Pagano realized the only way to be able to stick around was to tie himself to Grigson

Not sure I believe that but it is out there

Deadspin also put it out there that Pagano & Grigson sticking around can be directly linked to the Colts talks with Payton breaking down.  So, yeah... that was a right purty speech, but it was more them going, "Eh, no one else is worth it."

Here's the new Executive VP of the Cleveland Browns

heres-why-the-guy-who-jonah-hill-plays-i

Paul DePodesta ............. yes, that Paul DePodesta

So they're going to hire Lou Brown as their manager. . .er, coach next, right?

(move to Browns' draft War Room)

GM: Here's a list of players I'd like to consider with the second overall pick.

Scout: This guy here is dead.

GM: Cross him off, then!

FORGET ABOUT THE CHECKDOWN JOHNNY, GIVE 'EM THE HAIL MARY!

Whatever needs to happen for the St. Louis Raiders to become real is what I want. 

I feel like the only way to get LA to give a shit about any of these teams is a full franchise reset of name/colors/everything.  Rams & Raiders fans will always hate the other one and pretty much everyone hates the Chargers.

Whatever needs to happen for the St. Louis Raiders to become real is what I want. 

I feel like the only way to get LA to give a shit about any of these teams is a full franchise reset of name/colors/everything.  Rams & Raiders fans will always hate the other one and pretty much everyone hates the Chargers.

And I cant see that happening with any of those three teams. Rams and Raiders have history as LA teams so no need to do full change. Plus its not like teams moving to LA have ever changed there names...how many Lakes are there in LA?

What I want to know is how do the teams that inevitably miss out on LA try to save face with their fans? Or do they just resign themselves to being lame ducks?

I'd be stunned if Kroenke doesn't sell the Rams if the move fails. He's outright hated in St. Louis.

And then there's this.

"No NFL club would be interested in the RSA's New St. Louis Stadium. Any NFL Club that signs on to this proposal in St. Louis will be well on the road to financial ruin, and the League will be harmed."

St. Louis Rams, in their Los Angeles relocation application

Kroenke buries St Louis and pees on the grave for good measure.

• Like 1

What I want to know is how do the teams that inevitably miss out on LA try to save face with their fans? Or do they just resign themselves to being lame ducks?

I'd be stunned if Kroenke doesn't sell the Rams if the move fails. He's outright hated in St. Louis.

And then there's this.

"No NFL club would be interested in the RSA's New St. Louis Stadium. Any NFL Club that signs on to this proposal in St. Louis will be well on the road to financial ruin, and the League will be harmed."

St. Louis Rams, in their Los Angeles relocation application

Kroenke buries St Louis and pees on the grave for good measure.

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn.

Cold blooded.