DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY 2016 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Go watch Wrestle Kingdom 10 everybody. Show of the year, last 3 matches all fantastic!

Considering the year is barely 4 days old - it's not hard to be show of the year

• Like 8

Imagine if people thought Bryan Cranston was actually a meth cook.

or a dentist that converted to Judaism just for the jokes

Hey, watch yourself, anti-Dentite.

I caught Nakamura/Styles and it was really great.

Go watch Wrestle Kingdom 10 everybody. Show of the year, last 3 matches all fantastic!

Considering the year is barely 4 days old - it's not hard to be show of the year

Maximo vs Kamaitachi was match of the year for a couple days, being on 1/1.

[jfc, trim your quote boxes]

Who are we expecting/hoping for (realistically) for surprise Royal Rumble entrants this year?

Sami?

Bryan?

X-pac?

Sami debuting and eliminating Owens is a decent bet. A couple of the more recognizable NXT guys - like Joe or James Storm - would be fun; I think a good chunk of the crowd would pop for Joe eliminating some fodder and getting a spotlight showdown against someone like Ambrose before going out. And of course, we all want to see Meng/Haku now.

There is absolutely no chance that they bring Bryan back in the Rumble, even if he gets cleared to wrestle (which is probably not going to happen). Having a third Rumble match end in boos would be a disaster.

I'm going with Chris Jericho and Sami Zayn. I hope Baron Corbin debuts and gets a ton of eliminations. That kid has so much potential, I think he'd easily be the callup from NXT that gets treated properly.

I'm going with Chris Jericho and Sami Zayn. I hope Baron Corbin debuts and gets a ton of eliminations. That kid has so much potential, I think he'd easily be the callup from NXT that gets treated properly.

Corbin will get fat shamed by JBL on the main roster for his sad face stomach.

My money is on Jushin Thunder Liger being a surprise Royal Rumble entrant.

Also, people are really all in on thinking Sami is going to eliminate Owens from the Rumble. That seems so obvious, but it also seems like the smart thing to do, so watch them do something totally different instead.

If they did do something with Sami and Owens, I would like it if Owens drew #1 and then Sami comes out as #2 with Owens sticking around for the Final 4. It would be a hell of a showcase for both guys and a solid "narrative" for at least the first half of the Royal Rumble.

Zayn and Ambrose will help each other eliminate Owens (because he's fat Maggle), and then Jericho comes out and eliminates them both. Ambrose re-enters the Rumble, goes berserk on Jericho and throws him over the top rope and they brawl to the back, or something. Because rules make no difference in the Rumble!

God, the sense of dread that came over me when you mentioned Jericho.

I never had that burnout on him before, but I guess I've finally hit the wall.

At this point, all Jericho's doing is working house show to get paid and get interviews for his podcast.  Although, they never really did follow up on the Reigns Jericho Night of Champions angle.