DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY 2016 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

If they could only let them do this on TV.

This is why WWE needs to return to pre-taped vignettes. Put Del Rio on the streets, making fun of people, ripping up their personal belongings and showcase him as a bully. 

I agree that WWE needs to just rip the 80s at home. I want an "At Home with Dean Ambrose" vignette. 

• Like 1

(And yeah, that double stomp is dumb)

Works fine when guys like Dragon Lee and Kamaitachi do it.

If it involves holding oneself up in the corner with the ropes, then I highly doubt it.

• Like 1

I fucking love Del Rio in ring.

But he's really hard to care about before and after match in WWE, because he's just kind of a blank now.

I really liked his in-ring style when he was a face. I thought he had really good baby face fire. It's weird b/c his character works a lot better as a heel but I've always felt that in-ring he's way better as a face. Same with Christian.

• Like 1

Indie rasslin in the St. Louis area for this month:

-Saturday 1/2:  World Powerhouse Wrestling in Collinsville, IL (was hosting at the local comedy club last night so I missed it)
-Saturday 1/9:  Dynamo Pro Wrestling in Fenton, MO; Mid-Missouri Wrestling Alliance in St. Louis, MO
-Saturday 1/16:  Southern Illinois Championship Wrestling in East Carondelet, IL
-Saturday 1/23:  Dynamo Pro Wrestling in Wood River, IL

• Like 1

In a funny note to get away from all this Del Rio talk... Kevin Eck, a writer for WWE as recently as 2013/2014, said that when Stephanie got "arrested" on TV for slapping Brie Bella, he proposed the idea of releasing a fake mugshot like they did with Vince this past week. Vince apparently loved it, but Triple H hated it because "The faux mug shot of his wife would exist forever in cyberspace, and therefore if someone did a Google search on Stephanie and the photo popped up, people might think she had actually been arrested, which could be detrimental to her career as WWE's Chief Brand Officer."

I hope Stro doesn't come in here busting my balls because I'm talking about behind the scenes stuff and conspiracies and blah blah blah. :P

In a funny note to get away from all this Del Rio talk... Kevin Eck, a writer for WWE as recently as 2013/2014, said that when Stephanie got "arrested" on TV for slapping Brie Bella, he proposed the idea of releasing a fake mugshot like they did with Vince this past week. Vince apparently loved it, but Triple H hated it because "The faux mug shot of his wife would exist forever in cyberspace, and therefore if someone did a Google search on Stephanie and the photo popped up, people might think she had actually been arrested, which could be detrimental to her career as WWE's Chief Brand Officer."

I hope Stro doesn't come in here busting my balls because I'm talking about behind the scenes stuff and conspiracies and blah blah blah. :P

To be fair, a writer is at least a legit source. 

I can see Steph's reasoning. Vince has already been on trial in federal court, it's not like his record isn't well known. Still stupid but understandable.  

The problem isn't internal.  There were people calling NYPD about Vince's 'arrest' last week.  HHH is on record as saying Trump called to WWE HQ after Vince's limousine exploded because he was hearing so much about VKM's demise.  For whatever reason, that sort of thing tends to spin out of control.  And HHH/Steph have school-aged children who may be asked about it.

While I don't see the issue, I can appreciate their not going with it.

Wrestling marks are like soap opera marks--each are so devoted to their favorite pastime that boundaries become invisible.  Actors getting hate mail because they cheated on a spouse or took their mother's company.  It's not as bad as it used to be, but the residual effects linger.

Not sure how that happens in 2016 however infrequent, but here we are.