DVDVR Message Board

Raw 11-23-15 is Dream Sequences and Jamborees

MGFanJay

Why do I watch, you ask? Because I'm far enough behind on NXT that it's a lost cause and because I'm sick of watching the Patriots. And the thought of watching anything but football or rasslin on a Monday is heinous.

You do know, that you don't necessarily have to watch every single episode of NXT? NXT is great, but it's not Game of Thrones.

One can only hope the New Day/Usos/Lucha Dragons segment leads to a traditional TLC match, but I doubt they would give us something fun like that.

I enjoyed Paige/Charlotte from Survivor Series but this Raw match was even better. Much more of the hate I wanted to see on Sunday. Paige excels at playing the bratty heel.

I really liked that post match Team BAD/Eden segment. Team BAD are just awesome. I'm hoping this brings in Nattie to align with Becky against them. 

In case you didn't know, there was a spider in the ring while Sasha was in the Disarmher. She didn't tap. (Oh, and catch Eden & Tamina at the end..)

http://www.wwe.com/videos/sasha-banks-denies-tapping-out-to-becky-lynch-wwecom-exclusive-november-23-2015-28259999

• Has Eden become the new whipping boy (girl) for the talent with Saxton at the booth.
  • Sasha does not give two shits about keeping her character up for these backstage skits.
  • Why does WWE.com have ads for tequila on their videos. I know their target on the website isn't kids, but damn.
  • Like 1

In case you didn't know, there was a spider in the ring while Sasha was in the Disarmher. She didn't tap. (Oh, and catch Eden & Tamina at the end..)

http://www.wwe.com/videos/sasha-banks-denies-tapping-out-to-becky-lynch-wwecom-exclusive-november-23-2015-28259999

• Has Eden become the new whipping boy (girl) for the talent with Saxton at the booth.
  • Sasha does not give two shits about keeping her character up for these backstage skits.
  • Why does WWE.com have ads for tequila on their videos. I know their target on the website isn't kids, but damn.

I think the tequllia ads are HHH's way of saying, "I know you can't get through a ppv or Raw without this. Neither can I."

Thought the show was really dull.  The wacky dream sequence was probably the highlight.  That, and Paige's submission somehow being more destructive because she's... gasp.... standing on something.

I should be more interested in Russo-Sheamus-Rusev, but... booking.  Also, Sheamus has been an afterthought since he came back from the injury and Barrett is a jobber these days.  So I have confidence the company will book them strongly why.... ?

Honestly, I've thought for awhile that Sheamus-Cesaro-Barrett-Neville-someone, w/ William Regal as their manager, would make a great heel faction.  

I wasn't greatly offended by Breeze doing the job in his third (?) TV match, but it seems kinda pointless.  Oh well, the eventual Bo-Breeze team should be fun on the house show circuit.

Goldust knows how to rock a cape. 

The mere idea of anything on WWE Network being Game of Thrones intrigues me. Kevin Owens would make a fine Robert Baratheon!

James

RAW is like Game Of Thrones in that in both cases I'd be happiest if the White Walkers just destroyed everything.

• Like 3

Did Ambrose show up at all tonight? Was he still sleeping off the Church's grease pieces?

He was definitely in a grease chunk coma when his good friend Roman was getting double teamed.  As was Charlotte when her good friend Becky was trying to survive Sasha Banks + 2.

WHAT THE FUCK IS UPWITH SHITTY BABYFACES???

What's Charlotte's last name? How often does a Flair run-in with odds against them? Now if you want to argue Charlotte should've gotten Eden and Bayley to come out with her and have the girls bring baseball bats to save Becky I'd be okay with that......as long as Becky and Charlotte turn on Eden because she's a Rhodes and turn on Bayley because she's a modern day Sting...

I just realized Becky is the Double A to Charlotte's Ric and I'm sad because that means I may not get a Becky/Charlotte title match

Did Ambrose show up at all tonight? Was he still sleeping off the Church's grease pieces?

He was definitely in a grease chunk coma when his good friend Roman was getting double teamed.  As was Charlotte when her good friend Becky was trying to survive Sasha Banks + 2.

WHAT THE FUCK IS UPWITH SHITTY BABYFACES???

What's Charlotte's last name? How often does a Flair run-in with odds against them? Now if you want to argue Charlotte should've gotten Eden and Bayley to come out with her and have the girls bring baseball bats to save Becky I'd be okay with that......as long as Becky and Charlotte turn on Eden because she's a Rhodes and turn on Bayley because she's a modern day Sting...

I just realized Becky is the Double A to Charlotte's Ric and I'm sad because that means I may not get a Becky/Charlotte title match

Charlotte is terrible at everything about being a Flair. This is why Paige already turned on her like she was Sting.

• Like 1

Wasn't Charlotte decent in NXT though? I seem to remember her not being so bad down there. Of course in NXT she wasn't trying to be Ric Flair's daughter move for move. They probably had her do the strut so they could update one of their second generation star videos someday.

Wow this show was really bad. The only saving grace of the show was The New Day. Please tell me they going to sell those riding Unicorns. They had me hurting from laughing (mostly because my neck was sore). Everytime I laughed i'd be ow. But it was pain that was worth it. Kofi saying shame to the all was just too much.

Yeah that open tag could have been so much more and instead it's just the Lucha's and Uso. Meh.

The Charlotte/Paige match is the one they should have had the night before. A lot more hate filled. But yeah Charlotte seemed to be better. I fear for Bayley being called up now.

Charlotte is actually better in brawls than anything. She throws strikes like she's seriously pissed off. I wouldn't call them stiff, but I'd call them realistic, if that makes sense. 

Because of her pedigree and obvious athleticism, I think they encourage her to work high spots/submissions when she's better off punching, kicking, slapping, and throwing people into things. 

Wasn't Charlotte decent in NXT though? I seem to remember her not being so bad down there. Of course in NXT she wasn't trying to be Ric Flair's daughter move for move. They probably had her do the strut so they could update one of their second generation star videos someday.

She was more athletic than having ring awareness or chemistry. She really could not make a match interesting without the likes of Sasha or Bayley. Her match with Natayla was alright if ignore all the shit Nattie does because she likes doing moves for the sake of doing moves. She has the athleticism of Naomi and the family background that makes Vince salivate. She just needs to work on her spots and not rely on dear old dad for pops. Charlotte is a helluva lot more athletic than Flair and pretty much should be her own character. She can get away with it unlike mr. Perfect's kid because unlike him, she actually has potential to be insanely good. I know how folks feel about Randy here, but honestly, Charlotte should look at Randy Orton when he is motivated and not in a perpetual shit show with Cena and Sheamus for inspiration.

• Like 1