DVDVR Message Board

Raw 11-23-15 is Dream Sequences and Jamborees

MGFanJay

Raw was alright. Charlotte/Paige from tonight was better than last night. Titus wandering into Stardust's promo was awesome. Reigns vs. Rusev was good stuff and I like that they are not only continuing the Euro Faction that was starting up before Rusev's injury, but putting them in decent angle.

Some people actually don't like the New Day.

I know, I don't get it either.

I hated the concept at first.  Still not crazy about it. But the three guys involved have taken it to some unique heights that I didn't expect.  Kudos to them, they're selling the daylights out of what, at its core, is a terrible gimmick.

Guess I'm lucky as I got back from work for the last ten minutes and just saw Rusev (who I thought was still out, and love) fight a hard-hitting match against Reigns (who actually had the crowd behind him big time) with Sheamus running away soon as I tuned in and Barrett showing out of nowhere to be a dick. It was confusing but pretty neat. 

Did Ambrose show up at all tonight? Was he still sleeping off the Church's grease pieces?

That opening promo was fun as hell.  Super-hot crowd.  Stephanie doing her "Get out of my ring" to a guy who was simply not going to get out of her ring, followed by Triple H stepping up, and Reigns not backing down.  And the crowd was into every single second of it.  I was really hoping that Triple H was going to announce Rusev as the new Authority bodyguard.  Also, I'd forgotten that Randy Orton was injured and was dreading his inevitable return to take on Sheamus, so was excited that he didn't.

I only watched the next 30-40 minutes before my DVR kicked in recording two shows at once and I turned it off and watched 'Insurgent' instead.  Theo James is dreamier than Roman Reigns, I'm sorry.

Tuned back in for the back stretch of the main event and it looked pretty good.  Wade Barrett randomly appearing only to get knocked out and never seen again was amusing.

I'm also surprised how much the internet shits on Byron Saxton.  I think he's easily the best guy on Raw and the only guy who seems to have any understanding on what his role as commentator is SUPPOSED to be: someone who gets the wrestlers over.

I guess Raw is more watchable now than it was at this time in 2013. The problem is that the only person on the horizon that can inject any life into the  product is John Cena, which dampens my hopes for an early 2014-esque rennaissance heading into Mania.

Did Ambrose show up at all tonight? Was he still sleeping off the Church's grease pieces?

He was definitely in a grease chunk coma when his good friend Roman was getting double teamed.  As was Charlotte when her good friend Becky was trying to survive Sasha Banks + 2.

WHAT THE FUCK IS UPWITH SHITTY BABYFACES???

Fuck all of you for nobody mentioning that Byron referenced Cowboy Bebop during New Day's bit.

What did he say?
"See you, unicorn cowboys."

This just saddens me that the Yoko Kanno OSTs aren't on Spotify.

• Like 1

Just caught the Paige-Charlotte match and it was pretty awesome, save for a bit of clunkiness here and there (I'm pretty sure I heard Paige say at one point "What are we doing?").  The opening slap exchange was good and I really enjoyed the match.  Felt like a big deal.

Enjoyed Charlotte/paige as well, good to see them get a lot of time again right after the PPV and they did a solid job continuing the feud. Real good main event as well with Reigns/Rusev. The opening had me looking forward to a potential Reigns/HHH match.

Kris threw out the idea of Beer Money answering the Tag Team Open Challenge

Then it didn't happen and the show was ruined

I will not listen to any other arguments

tumblr_nyaqzhEnfV1rnjfjfo1_r1_400.gif

• Like 1