DVDVR Message Board

RAW is uncomfortably personal

Brian Fowler

Echoing the awesomeness of Reigns/Cesaro.  It would have been so much better if this had been the final of the tournament with them showing Cesaro being courted by the Authority all night (HHH wants Cesaro to take out Reigns after he publicly rejected their offer and get the chance to be the new face of the company), only to pull the swerve with Reigns winning and turning heel.  

Regardless of who ends up winning, I'm all for a fish tank replacing Cole.  Or any of the other commentators for that matter.

"Where's your accent Kofi?" and "Our wives came here to see Roman" were tremendous signs.

Survivor series is Sunday and they've got five matches announced, none of which is the traditional elimination variety.

I realize he's being ordered to do it by THAT GUY but Cole constantly killing every near fall with some variant of "This could be it" annoys me no less now than it did years ago.

Hey, suprise, people bitching on the Twitter Machine about the closing angle.

Well that doesn't say much. People are going nuts on Twitter over the half-American/half-Mexican flag. They're writing to WWE saying they are disgusted that they would desecrate the flag

In the past those people would have had to spend $$$$ to vent their rage by throwing shit at Zeb and it would have been amazing.  Fucking twitter ruins the market of ideas.

• Like 2

Regardless of who ends up winning, I'm all for a fish tank replacing Cole. Or any of the other commentators for that matter.

Careful what you wish for. How long do you think it would be before the fish tank started putting itself over wrestlers and calling its fans the Aquarianettes?

Would the fish be constantly shilling Aquanet?

JBL: "By Gawd, Maggle, the fans oughta try to pull off that move Reigns just used!"

HOLY SHIT, was I ready to injure some people & get fucking paid! "Uh uh, JBL said it was okay to try that at home."

Another reason to say "Fuck Michael Cole."

• Like 1

Del Rio vs Kalisto was kind of a mess and went completely downhill when he pulled his mask off.

What exactly happened there? Del Rio rips the mask off and then was nice enough to put it back on for him. If they had planned a spot with Del Rio teasing pulling off the mask, you'd think Kalisto would have cinched his mask up a little tighter.

I also hate Del Rio's finisher. Even Sabu thinks it contrived. What's wrong with the arm bar? Too many people on the roster with arm finishers?

• Like 1

The show could have ended with Reigns-Cesaro and got a solid ****.  Booty-ade and fish tanks!

The finale wasn't the worst thing I've ever seen--actually, the brawl was good and I thought Charlotte was legit laying hands on Paige--but it got icky really fast.  The dead brother card, really?  Just no.

The worst part of the night, though, goes to Alberto Del Rio.  This dude!  I want to hear about Kalisto whupping that ass over his mask.  Del Rio was botching everything tonight.

It was weird seeing Paige/Charlotte end the show. The feud really did not have that kind of momentum going in though I suppose with the direction they went tonight that might have changed a little. The promo stuff was decent on Paige's part. Charlotte had a her moments but still isn't a good promo and especially was going to be no good when bringing up Reid. She really can't do so w/o tearing up. The brawl was pretty damn awesome though. Its something I wish we would get a little more often with the divas.

With exception of Del Rio/Kalisto, I pretty loved all of the tournament matches. I'm still hoping for some craziness that sees a heel Cesaro as champ on Sunday. Right now though it really does look like either Dean/Roman turn or Sheamus cash in, none of which thrill me.

Hey, suprise, people bitching on the Twitter Machine about the closing angle.

Well that doesn't say much. People are going nuts on Twitter over the half-American/half-Mexican flag. They're writing to WWE saying they are disgusted that they would desecrate the flag

That wouldn't happen if Derrick Bateman were in ADR's spot because he's about chicks...and America.

Reddit.

It's already happened.

Twitter is fine it just requires you to self moderate and not wait for some mythical moderator to hold your hand and do it for you. Let's not do this herp derp social media is dumb but message board people are cool thing again.

Regardless of who ends up winning, I'm all for a fish tank replacing Cole. Or any of the other commentators for that matter.

Careful what you wish for. How long do you think it would be before the fish tank started putting itself over wrestlers and calling its fans the Aquarianettes?

I can't believe it took us less than 19 mintues to stumble onto what will cause us to make Rippa want to kill us all.

This can't be our fault, right?  Dean did this, right?

And yes, his finisher will be the "block and tackle."

• Like 1

I am kind of confused by the narrative that Paige and Charlotte were so connected in NXT.  Did Cole say they were in the same tryouts?  That seems extremely unlikely given that Paige was a developmental person for at least 3 years.  Unless we are supposed to act like FCW never existed and even then Charlotte did start showing up until Paige was a regular on the main roster.

I am kind of confused by the narrative that Paige and Charlotte were so connected in NXT. Did Cole say they were in the same tryouts? That seems extremely unlikely given that Paige was a developmental person for at least 3 years. Unless we are supposed to act like FCW never existed and even then Charlotte did start showing up until Paige was a regular on the main roster.

ban plz

I can't believe it took us less than 19 mintues to stumble onto what will cause us to make Rippa want to kill us all.

This can't be our fault, right? Dean did this, right?

And yes, his finisher will be the "block and tackle."

It wasn't our fault! Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go back to punting babies.

Klaus_Heissler_5637.png

• Like 1

I am kind of confused by the narrative that Paige and Charlotte were so connected in NXT.  Did Cole say they were in the same tryouts?  That seems extremely unlikely given that Paige was a developmental person for at least 3 years.  Unless we are supposed to act like FCW never existed and even then Charlotte did start showing up until Paige was a regular on the main roster.

Charlotte mentioned how much she looked up to Paige the night after she won the Divas title, when Paige started her turn.

I was glad to see Paige/Charlotte being treated like a big deal match with the highlight segments and getting the final slot of the night. I thought the promo work was good and I couldn't believe that they went there with Reid. Very old school and so unlike current day WWE. Very nice brawl too. I've been looking forward to this match since Paige became number one contender. But this got me even more into it.