DVDVR Message Board

RAW is uncomfortably personal

Brian Fowler

Can't say I saw the whole show because I never do.

Cesaro/Reigns was pretty boss, would have been better had Claudio gone over but that's not realistic.

I thought the Paige/Charlotte bit was phenomenal. Why can't the guys ever go for straight up, old school, carny heat?

Cesaro/Roman was fucking great. I'll put $5 on none of the Survivor Series tournament matches being that good.

Charlotte is a bad talker with worse facial expression work than anyone in Chipman Alberta's community theatre troupe and that segment was... uh...

Nothing else on this show really mattered.

• Like 1

Roman vs. Cesaro ruled so much. Cesaro came off as a top level guy once again, and Roman held his own. The finishing sequence was superb as well. The BoD-Wyatts stuff kinda sucked, and holy Jesus was the main event promo exchange between Paige and Charlotte a disaster. They have Charlotte, who can't deliver scripted lines well yet, try and do that while also balancing TALKING ABOUT HER DEAD BROTHER and how she's fulfilling his dream. If it was part of her character's story, then there's a way to do that well and enhance her act - this wasn't that way.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2015/11/raw-11-16-15.html

Screens - 

9f77e3447646211.jpg 

NEW DAY!
66df63447650809.jpg 

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/rr75witkvlh8vuccz0uzjqvzezld5mzw

A couple great matches on the show so there's that. I applaud them booking a woman's feud about something other than boyfriends or slut shaming. Not sure using dead little brothers is a huge improvement tho.

So the third hour is a total white flag now, huh?

I was flipping back and forth tonight. Reigns/Cesaro was off-the-charts. Owens/Neville was great, too. I'm really happy they gave Paige and Charlotte the final timeslot. They did a good job building up that the whole night, and then they went THERE. I was hoping Paige would after Charlotte teed it up. Great nasty heel awfulness and awesome old-school "defending my family's honor" babyface passion from Charlotte.

I only caught the Divas contract signing, but I thought it was terrific.  Charlotte's delivery came across much more natural than it did in the past, and Paige is much better as mean girl than she was as the Anti-Bella.  The mention of Reid was a little icky, honestly, but man was the brawl after entertaining.

When Charlotte hit the spear into the barricade, fit a second, I thought they were going to have her "injure" Paige and take her out of the match. But then Paige fought right back, which was a bit annoying.

• Like 1