DVDVR Message Board

Raw is Wacky Kane 9-28-15

MGFanJay

Really enjoyed the main event. Are they going to keep this feud going until Survivor Series? Then we can get the Wyatt Family (the current guys, a returning Rowan, and a new guy, I'll say Corbin) vs Shield MAX (Ambrose, Reigns, Orton, Bryan, and Joe).

Main event was no surprise to me. Their Battleground match was damn good and they've been working house shows against one another on and off for over a year. I've been in attendance for two of those matches. Their shit is right and both have come a long way since their first heatless dud early last year on Raw.

I love that Roman being portrayed as a powerhouse has led to people believe he's taller than he is. If only Taz had been so lucky.

Must be the vest.

He was listed at 6'3 when he was with the Vikings and they don't tend to exaggerate heights. That happens a lot in college but then once guys get measured at the combine and at team tryouts, their real heights come out and quite a few people are an inch or two shorter than what they were listed in college. That happened to a UM linebacker named Denzel Perryman. UM used to list him at 6'1 or 6'0 and he got listed at 5'10 at the NFL combine. If the NFL says Roman is 6'3, he's likely a legit 6'3.

Jeez I feel like we get one of these "Raw ratings hit a new low" articles every week. Though some of them are weirdly specific, like "it was the lowest rated non holiday, football Monday Raw in a leap year since 2002"

On another note I stood next to Roman at a house show when he was coming down the steps and 6'3 sounds about right

I know I may be opening a can of worms here but I seriously give zero craps about the ratings. Most of the music I like is crap that doesn't sell probably six figures worth of albums. I avoid blockbuster movies like the plague -- the Transformers movies made billions of dollars and they're absolute garbage.

I like what I like. Raw has some things I like a lot (New Day, Cena's US Challenge, Rollins/Kane, Wyatts/Shield 2.0) and some things that are snoozes. But I don't own their stock and I'm not employed by the company and I'm not an advertiser. Why do these numbers matter one bit whatsoever to anyone?

Because low ratings ultimately lead to panic booking and, most likely, less enjoyment of what is being presented on my part. And I'm not saying that to be a jerk, so if that answer sounds snarky I'm sorry and that's truly not my intention. But I just know the second that number dips into the 2s, were gonna get Cena's 16th reign

Because low ratings ultimately lead to panic booking and, most likely, less enjoyment of what is being presented on my part. And I'm not saying that to be a jerk, so if that answer sounds snarky I'm sorry and that's truly not my intention. But I just know the second that number dips into the 2s, were gonna get Cena's 16th reign

That's where I am. For the most part, I could give a shit about the ratings BUT a publicly traded entertainment MUST read them like gospel Rating = ad buys. Ad buys = life. The booking will be affected as Vince is a HUGE reactionary.

You're not wrong.  Raw would have to go below 2 million viewers for there to be a need for real problem.  But that won't matter to Vince.  He'll push all the panic buttons and overbook programs for Lesnar and Cena.

New Day was so damn awesome in their promo.  I loved the Duck Tales reference, and the "At the same time" chant had me in stitches (had to lookup where they got that from)  I actually liked Xavier's match.  While it lacked certain elements that make for a great match it would make sense for him to just do a bunch of high spots out of desperation.  Fun little tag match too.  Also enjoyed shiny happy Kane, and nothing wrong with a Seven reference.  The way he goes from slightly Demon Kane right back into happy Kane is magical.  Didn't hate the turn to full-on Demon Kane either.  Really enjoyed the Wyatt-Reigns match near the end and afterwards.  That clothesline Wyatt did was wonderfully brutal.

Bray Wyatt used another human as a projectile weapon that automatically made the show not suck, I also watch the 90 min Hulu version so I'm not subjected to all the bad but really outside of New...Day Rocks/Cena and the Main event brawl it was a pretty lackluster 90 minutes.

I've found the past few weeks to be just about unwatchable. If it wasn't for NXT my interest level in WWE's overall product would be 0. I'm sure Bray and Roman had a fine match, but that crowd was dead 30 minutes into the show and I didn't need to see the 100th match between those two in front of a dead crowd. I saw Roman come out, and maybe 3 people popped it's a lifeless product.

I know I may be opening a can of worms here but I seriously give zero craps about the ratings. Most of the music I like is crap that doesn't sell probably six figures worth of albums. I avoid blockbuster movies like the plague -- the Transformers movies made billions of dollars and they're absolute garbage.

I like what I like. Raw has some things I like a lot (New Day, Cena's US Challenge, Rollins/Kane, Wyatts/Shield 2.0) and some things that are snoozes. But I don't own their stock and I'm not employed by the company and I'm not an advertiser. Why do these numbers matter one bit whatsoever to anyone?

Well, when ratiings are lousy and we're unhappy with what we're watching we blame WWE for not putting on an engaging product. Similarly, when ratings are great and we're unhappy with what we're watching we blame WWE for catering to idiots. Get with the program. 

• Like 1

I've found the past few weeks to be just about unwatchable. If it wasn't for NXT my interest level in WWE's overall product would be 0. I'm sure Bray and Roman had a fine match, but that crowd was dead 30 minutes into the show and I didn't need to see the 100th match between those two in front of a dead crowd. I saw Roman come out, and maybe 3 people popped it's a lifeless product.

Thing is, the crowd got completely into the Main Event several minutes before the show ended.  Which means that when given space to operate, the talent can work the audience into enjoying a match, even if it's one we've seen before.  Let's not sell the wrestlers short--they often hold their end of the bargain.

• Like 1