DVDVR Message Board

NXT 2015 - Q4

RIPPA

Thought the Nia Jax debut was perfectly decent. She looked comfortable in the ring, moved well, really worked the bearhug to make it look killer...no complaints. She may not have shown a huge moveset, but she's got several other squashes already taped, no need to show off everything in her first match.

Man I love that NXT has brought back the concpet and execution of TV squash  matches. Loved the Vaudevillains squash and love the post match interview with Dash & Dawkins calling out 2 tag teams(Vaudevillains and Enzo/Cass). I swear its feeling like TBS on a Saturday night with no Braves game delay around here!

James

Sadly, the best the WWE can do is Fishing with Orlando Jordan...

COMING SOON TO WWE NETWORK FOR $9.99 A MONTH~!

The weird thing is, I never watched an episode of Fishing with Orlando Wilson but due to TBS starting all shows 5 minutes past the hour, I always caught the closing vredits and know  the lyrics to "Gone Fishin' Again"

James

• Like 2

I wanted Jax to be the kind of wrestler that would give kids nightmares just thinking about her wrestling Bayley. The problem is Asuka just debuted, and she's clearly better for that role. I think having arguably the most impressive debut in NXT history come a week before hers took some of the steam off Jax' debut.

Jax debut was underwhelming, especially for a monster. The choice of gear made her look like Grimace.

I also agree that having ASuka destroy Dana Brooke the week before made Jax in ring debut look weak. Hell the fact they debuted Kharma/Awesome Kong like 4 years ago made Jax in ring debut look weak. Maybe its time to pinch Hudson Envy from STARDOM

James

As long as we're discussing gear...I like Asuka, she's a great wrestler and a comely young lass, but what the fuck is she wearing in the ring?  It looks like she coated herself in stickum and rolled around in David Lee Roth's closet.  And I noticed she wears those gross toe shoes under her kickpads.  What the actual fuck.

As long as we're discussing gear...I like Asuka, she's a great wrestler and a comely young lass, but what the fuck is she wearing in the ring?  It looks like she coated herself in stickum and rolled around in David Lee Roth's closet.

giphy.gif

• Like 2

After Rusev, I don't think WWE is on board with letting anyone wrestle barefoot again.

That's true, though I'm not sure barefoot shoes would have helped Rusev.

I noticed Dana seems to have switched back to amateur boots, having worn Chuck Taylors for a bit - curious if the reasoning is similar.

Count me in as a member of the "liked Nia Jax but she deserves better ring gear" club. She'll be CLUBBERIN' before ya know it. I think she fill a needed role in the rebuilding of the women's division.

Apollo Crews? Nope...don't care yet. Make me care before making him the #1 contender. This is filler at best. The guys I'm ready to see vs. Finn are a model and Samoan ass kicker.

Already seen Breeze wrestle Finn and it was mediocre. Unless Tyler's finally taking the gold, there's no reason to run that program right now.

I kinda don't care as much about Joe. It's not fair to him because it was twelve years and numerous injuries ago, but he just doesn't have that physical explosiveness in the ring that made me really get into him. He never was the same after that one Sting match where he did the really foolhardy dive down a bunch of steps and onto his tailbone. 

This is not to say that you're wrong, Ramsey, as much as it is to simply remark on those two guys. At this point, though, I'm all for Breeze getting a run with the gold, so I hope they find a way to do that while transitioning to Finn/Joe at the same time. Crews is a filler challenger for now, I think. 

Nia Jax's gear was unflattering, but it didn't help she was wrestling Evie who looks like a fitness model.  Evie's gear is the one that I thought should change though.  She was dressed like a woman who invited her new boyfriend over for the first time and wanted him to know that he was getting some.  Her gear didn't look like something someone would wrestle in, it looked more like something to sleep in.  Her ring gear looked a little too close to underwear to me, and just about everyone would look a little unflattering in comparison.  Nia Jax, best looked like a large woman in a goofy ass outfit.  Based on the pictures that were posted of her in workout clothes with Nattie and her old, Mad Max looking gear, she looks like more of a monster in the gear she debuted in.  If they want her to be Aja/Awesome Kong of the division, wearing something that makes her look a little larger could actually help.  That color scheme needs to go though. 

Who decides what the workers wear?  Bayley, Sasha, Dana, Emma, and Alexis all have great ring gear, but both Evie and Nia Jax's gear looked sub par when everyone else's looks so good.

Count me in as a member of the "liked Nia Jax but she deserves better ring gear" club. She'll be CLUBBERIN' before ya know it. I think she fill a needed role in the rebuilding of the women's division.

Apollo Crews? Nope...don't care yet. Make me care before making him the #1 contender. This is filler at best. The guys I'm ready to see vs. Finn are a model and Samoan ass kicker.

Corbin is ready for a title shot imo. He would get a lot of heat working opposite Balor, and his ring work has really improved as a heel. I don't know if I'd want him to win the belt, but I wouldn't hate it if he did.