DVDVR Message Board

NXT 2015 - Q4

RIPPA

I am close to calling shenanigans on Storm being brought in as a veteran presence. They want the kids to learn from a vet, so they bring in a guy who spent the last decade or so in TNA? One of TNA only homegrown talents? Is this like when people thought Vince sent Hall and Nash to destroy WCW?

Allegedly, Storm hasn't signed with WWE yet, and TNA increased their offer to him when the news broke he was at Full Sail, and Storm is weighing his options.

Unless TNA is offering him set for life money, he'd be an idiot to burn his WWE bridge for a company that might be gone by new year's.

• Like 1

What could TNA possibly have to offer him? Checks that may or may not show up on time? A chance to wrestle in front of a couple hundred bored fans, most of whom got in for free? A run with their worthless "world" title? I guess the TNA schedule is pretty easy, but it's not like NXT works a grueling schedule, either.

Yeah, what the fuck is going on with the Devin Tumblr page. PLEASE don't tell me that in 2015 wrestling fans have become SO FUCKING META to go beyond role playing wrestlers to role playing wrestlers post release!? Surely, we as fans have not JTTS and landed on the fucking moon? Fucking Christ on a segway!

It's nothing new.  I remember almost 15 years ago looking up other wrestling fans on livejournal and a majority of blogs who listed some wrestling-related interests were stuff like this.  It's infinitely worse on tumblr.

The issue I'm referring to is that some random NEWZ site broke the story, and Storm is apparently chummy with the person running said site.

Are you suggesting that TNA offering Storm an improved contract is a plant to get Storm an improved contract at WWE/NXT?

Nah, just suggesting that MAYBE Storm is fabricating a bidding war.  Probably not, because I hope he's not that dumb.

Hell, it's the way Joe went from part timer to locked in good and tight, a stroke of luck that meant he was pawn in a TV situation, if it was a bit of flim-flamming I wouldn't blame him.

Maybe TNA cancelled their tapings just to spend that money on Storm's contract. Next step is save up enough pocket money so they can run a show and use him. This is the business savvy you'd expect from TNA.

• Like 1

Losing Devin is pretty bad but this is much worse if true according to Mike Johnson:

The talk backstage at this week's WWE NXT taping is that Leva Bates, who had been working as Blue Pants, has completed her run. She hadn't been signed but became something of a cult personality after her appearances on TV. There had never been any serious consideration to signing her. NXT was not selling any "Blue Pants" merchandise at the NXT shows this past week.
  • Like 1