DVDVR Message Board

NXT 2015 - Q4

RIPPA

4 Things...

1. If you want to keep up with the "Dana isn't better than Eva", fuck off.  

2. It was nice to not see any over booked shennangans in the tag tourny or final, those matches didn't need it.

3. Baron Corbin sold me, boy came to play tonight.

4.  It's fucking criminal what goes on on the Main Roster with how fucking awesome that Ironman was.  

Can we give Tyler Breeze some kind of "Most underrated and consistent NXT guy" award?

Seriously. He may have the best selling in the whole WWE roster in 2015. When facing Ciampa the way he collapsed on Ciampa's leg on top made it feel like an exhausted/rattled desperation cutoff rather than blowing off the work because corner cutoffs. Dude has become amazing to the point that he may be top 10 in WWE overall. Definitely if you exclude the women.

• Like 2

Fantasy NXT booking: 

Breeze has a realization that he keeps losing his focus and can't win the big one. He resolves to finally win the big one, bugging Regal about getting his one-on-one title shot for beating Zayn last year since the original shot he got was marred by interference. Regal tells him to go out there and win the Battle Royal.

After Breeze makes it to the final two, Joe tosses him. 

Joe faces off with Finn in London and loses after he thinks he's got Finn beat. Joe snaps and turns heel on Finn. 

Breeze is forced to wrestle James Storm in London by Regal with the stip that he'll be in line for a one-on-one title shot against Finn if he wins. Storm kicks out of a beauty shot, but is able to keep his composure and ends up hitting an Unprettier for the win. 

We get video packages for Breeze that lead him toward a heel turn where he resolves to focus on his title shot and stop with the modeling gigs for awhile to train hard. We see him working out, running, etc., and the packages have the feel of a redemption story angle. Breeze beats guys left and right on TV, taking down Bull Dempsey, Solomon Crowe, and Rhyno before beating Apollo Crews in a rematch and shaking hands with him afterward. 

Next Takeover show, we get Breeze/Finn in the main event. After a twenty-minute match full of counters, Breeze fighting up valiantly and avoiding one Coup de Grace before kicking out of the next one, Finn gets the advantage and then goes up one more time for the CdG before Joe runs out and rushes the ring, knocking Finn off the ropes out of the view of the ref. Finn hurts his knee on the way down. Breeze comes over and helps Finn up, looking concerned. He points out Joe lurking at ringside to the ref, but since the ref didn't see anything, he doesn't call for the DQ. Breeze audibly tells the ref that this isn't right and that he wants to win the right way and helps Balor hobble out of the ring. As they get to the ropes, Breeze quickly turns Finn around and small packages him for three, then gets up acting like the old Tyler Breeze again, celebrating with the title. Then he and Joe destroy Finn's leg. 

There, sorry for the fantasy booking, but I just wanted to get that out. 

That is insane. I've been saying for years, "They should pick up James Storm, but that'll obviously never happen..."

It's probably too much to hope for for him to use "Longnecks and Rednecks". Love that song.

I believe I read they want him to be a player/coach, so he'll probably never go to the main roster (which is just fine, as I'm pretty much done watching those shows).

I have to assume Samoa Joe and Storm are allowed to use their names because WWE considers TNA dead.

I don't even know if I'd be shocked about AJ Styles coming in at this point.

• Like 1

Exactly what I was thinking.  They are great vet hands that can still put out good work, so why not?  I don't think an AJ Styles would be satisfied with being "stuck" on NXT though, when he can be a top guy everywhere else.