DVDVR Message Board

NXT 2015 - Q4

RIPPA

I'm gonna go out on a limb here, (since I have no idea what you're talking about,) and say that the problem is you.

I'm a pretty big Becky Lynch fan, so he might have a point.

Well, you're kind of a douche too...

That was the joke I was making.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here, (since I have no idea what you're talking about,) and say that the problem is you.

I'm a pretty big Becky Lynch fan, so he might have a point.

Well, you're kind of a douche too...

That was the joke I was making.

The dirtsheets never said that.

Probably because they don't see a future for her in WWE outside of the occasional shot on NXT. Why sign her up to a deal if they don't plan on going anywhere with her in the long term? They can bring her in when/if they want her, she gets paid per appearance and gets on WWE TV, which she can then use to parlay in to a larger payday on the indies. Seems like a decent arrangement for both.

I still think Leva Bates and WWE is one of the bigger wrestling stories of the year. She gets to be the only true independent contractor with WWE, she has gotten a win on WWE TV over a WWE full-time worker, gotten a WWE.com spread and interview, has had merchandise made for her character while selling her own set of merchandise, has her own theme music, a specialized name plate on screen, and her own entrance lighting. That's a lot of time and effort put into someone who is not a WWE wrestler nor will ever be a WWE wrestler. I do wonder what her WWE deal entails though, there's got to be a lot of interesting caveats in it. Also we need a Blue Pants/Eva Marie feud, the women can feud over the better color because it still makes more sense than fighting over a Japanese shampoo commercial.

Booker T was right to be mad about losing that endorsement deal, think of the money he lost out on. Also Edge's hair never looked that great, I wouldn't be clamoring to use the shampoo he used, the company made a huge mistake.

I think they accidentally pulled off a double-turn by having Samoa Joe eliminate Tyler Breeze in the battle royal, whose constant losing has essentially turned him into an underdog face as far as that crowd is concerned. 

What the hell were they thinking letting Nia Jax dress up as a Christmas ornament? Decent debut for her, but Asuka is 10 times scarier. I can't say I'm that exited for Crews/Balor. It feels too early to me for Crews to be wrestling for the title.

• Like 1

Super-fun show there. Loved everything but the battle royal, and Nia Jax's debut. Her gear wasn't flattering in any way and she came off as having more talent than Tapa, but far less "it factor" than Kong.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2015/10/nxt-10-14-15.html

Screens -

9a4224440844960.jpg

3b18ec440847331.jpg

b80810440847368.jpg

94c242440847399.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/gps1q4cwka0umv9l4tylpy5u0e345eul

So when Joe goes heel, I guess he can blame the fans for the "Thank you Tyler" chant after cheating to eliminate him.

Bit of a slow show. Liked them setting up for a Joe/Breeze match though. Bring on calling Joe a fat uggo!!!

Good show.  Bayley is such a star and they are going to do her vs. Alexa! That's what I wanted.  Bayley vs. the ultimate mean girl.  I'm not sure if Alexa will be ready to step up to that level just yet but I'm intrigued and her promos have gotten really good. 

Eva Marie's little video was great. Hey guys I'm in PAREEEEE.  I needed to take a little time off after all my GRUELING matches.  That's the story I thought they'd do with her and it's funny as hell.